Josh’s off seasons

Riverboat Ritchie

I know Josh loves golf and that is fine but it sure seems like he has not focused on training with WRs or development the last couple of seasons  as he has become more Hollywood. I don’t want to believe it and these guys definitely need an off season to reboot but I hope he gets back to training with Palmer and maybe throwing some with WRs. 

• Like (+1) 9
  • Vomit 2
  • Eyeroll 4
  • Agree 5
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

In fairness to Josh, this is the type of thing that only becomes an issue, or even a thought, when we are losing and things aren't going well.

If we are undefeated right now and Josh looks like the MVP, no one is talking about his summer time golf.

It does seem like he isn't as committed as he could be.  Most guys at this level are not.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Vomit 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 2

1 minute ago, TheFunPolice said:

He worked like a crazy person in the off-season to improve early in his career.

I was surprised to hear him say that and assumed he was just exaggerating 

He did up to the pre-season just gone IIRC. I thought he perhaps decided he needed to get completely away from football after the psychological mess of last season (Araiza, supermarket shooting, trapped in Chicago, Damar) and could understand it at the time. In hindsight, it can be seen as a mistake. The upcoming post season is key - let’s see what he does with it.

Just now, Ray Stonada said:

What do you think it is? I’m really confused as he’s regressed pretty hard this year.

I am not going to speculate on exactly what might be going on in a public forum. I don't think that is fair to anyone. None of us know. But his pressers and his body language are really concerning. And I don't mean "he might not be playing at his maximum as a Quarterback" concerning I mean on a human level I am concerned for him. He has said some weird ***** in pressers and he looks so vacant on the field. I think it probably isn't football related. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

It does seem like he isn't as committed as he could be.  Most guys at this level are not.

Disagree with this take. The other two top AFC qb’s that he’s often compared to are highly committed to being the best even in the offseason. Allen’s lack of offseason training is evidence in his play this year. He looks ill prepared and seems to be regressing. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 3

3 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

He did up to the pre-season just gone IIRC. I thought he perhaps decided he needed to get completely away from football after the psychological mess of last season (Araiza, supermarket shooting, trapped in Chicago, Damar) and could understand it at the time. In hindsight, it can be seen as a mistake. The upcoming post season is key - let’s see what he does with it.

The upcoming postseason? Golf in January probably.

• Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

Is there a post season for this team?

1 minute ago, 90sBills said:

Yup all that and he still found time to have a camp for his receivers to attend. See one can have fun in the offseason AND train too! 

Josh has trained every offseason.  Then after playing through a hurt elbow and a tragic and emotional season he takes some time to recover and you all lose your minds.  It’s utterly ridiculous 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

I hope this doesn't become another Eichel situation due to an incompetent organization.

I don’t think you can blame the org entirely but there’s no doubt probably 1000s of fans tweeting the most insane things imaginable at him as we speak, and his “same s*** different day” comment going back to week 1 was and still is odd. Could definitely get weird, as we should all now expect as Buffalo sports fans.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.