Time to Rest the Injured and Tank

BuffaloBaumer

5 hours ago, BuffaloBillsGospel2014 said:

Nobody is tanking although it might just happen naturally from the looks of it.

I don't think you understand what it means to "tank."   A lot of sports fans don't.

I would be more hopeful if the OP defined the term "TANK" for purposes of this thread, so we are all on the same page.

6 hours ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

This starts with Allen. He is either injured or brain dead. Sit Von and anyone else fighting injury. 

I am hoping 6 or 7 wins can still land us a top WR. It’s hard to believe that Buffalo is now considered one of the worst teams in the NFL .

not only has the Super Bowl window shut, the rebuild is now underway. I can’t believe that’s all the time we had to enjoy before it came crashing down. Ugh, curse you 13 seconds.

the thing im struggling with is how short this ride was. The fun was sucked out quickly.

This starts with Allen. He is either injured or brain dead. Sit Von and anyone else fighting injury. 

I am hoping 6 or 7 wins can still land us a top WR. It’s hard to believe that Buffalo is now considered one of the worst teams in the NFL .

not only has the Super Bowl window shut, the rebuild is now underway. I can’t believe that’s all the time we had to enjoy before it came crashing down. Ugh, curse you 13 seconds.

Why are Bills fans so hung up on another WR? The Bills losses have been mostly Allen missing open WR. For example last night on 4th down in the first half he missed a WR so open if he just gets the ball to him the Bills get 3 more points at least. In the Pats game he over threw a WIDE OPEN Diggs. The Bills need line help and Allen playing like he did the previous 2 years.  

• Disagree 1

5 hours ago, Mango said:

Just a fun reminder that we don’t have a 3rd this year. 

Yes we do

8 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Why are Bills fans so hung up on another WR? The Bills losses have been mostly Allen missing open WR. For example last night on 4th down in the first half he missed a WR so open if he just gets the ball to him the Bills get 3 more points at least. In the Pats game he over threw a WIDE OPEN Diggs. The Bills need line help and Allen playing like he did the previous 2 years.  

Lol

Just now, PatsFanNH said:

Gabe is a great blocker, but he is no #2, and he has had many drops in big spots.  Bills need a WR that can take the top off, and that can run the full route tree.

The Bills are unprepared again.  Special Teams sucks.  Punting to Mims in the middle of the field.  12 men on field.  Hey MCDermott- Come on man!

Like you said, not continue to run, when Broncos couldn't stop it.

Safetys seem to be undervalued.  Eagles just got a great one for a 6th round pick.

We need tackles, so hooray for OT depth this draft

For a team still very much in the chase, a team that not long ago hade the longest playoff drought in the league, this is just ridiculous. Such a quitter mentality. I realise it’s the standard post loss overreaction, but still. Not that many years ago we would have killed for being 5-5. 

We saw in the Miami game what this team is capable of, so why not just try to get in the playoffs and see what happens? 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Pete said:

Gabe is a great blocker, but he is no #2, and he has had many drops in big spots.  Bills need a WR that can take the top off, and that can run the full route tree.

The Bills are unprepared again.  Special Teams sucks.  Punting to Mims in the middle of the field.  12 men on field.  Hey MCDermott- Come on man!

Like you said, not continue to run, when Broncos couldn't stop it.

Safetys seem to be undervalued.  Eagles just got a great one for a 6th round pick.

We need tackles, so hooray for OT depth this draft

Diggs can take the top of the defense, what the Bills should have done is gotten a possession WR last year like Meyers (who was cheap at 3 yes for 9 mill)  who can get open and extend a series.  That’s the perfect compliment to Diggs and Kinkaid. 

ya the Bills last night made me think of the Manning Colts going against a BB defense. The Pats were daring them to run and they just refused to stick with it. 

Good Safeties are not often available and there seems to be a lack of good ones in the NFL this year. 

Am I wrong that the Jets, and Denver game Allen just looked bad and missed open receivers? I know the D was awful in NE but Allen missed open receivers there as well like Diggs who would have scored a TD if Allen hit him.  IMO it just seems Allen isn’t reading the field as well as he has the last couple of years. 

While I agree with the sentiment that the season is probably lost there are several reasons why tanking is not going to work. 1) as stated previously no one in this organization's management is going to sanction tanking either overtly or covertly 2) these are professional football players with big egos - they are not going to run for the bus - at least not until the season is close to ending 3) gven Buffalo's draft pick history I don't think we can count on them making the right pick regardless of where they are drafting. I think back to when they drafted Ed Oliver at pick 9 in 2019; drafted after him were Burns, Wilkens and Lawrence all of whom seem to be better players. Olivers not a bust-bust but he is only sporadically impactfull and that is one of the Bills problems on the D line - no real everydown player who makes a difference.

The decisions Pegula makes after the completion of the season will tell us everything about the future of the Bills. If he sticks with the status quo and allows them to keep tweaking the roster they will go nowhere with maybe an occassional playoff berth and out after one round. On the other hand if they do a tear down maybe with the right GM and coach they can get back to challenging in 3 years. The problem with the latter approach is one has to decide about Allen as he will be closer to the end of his career than the begining and whether he can take losing for three more years. 

I am glad I am just a fan as this seems like a good example of a Hobson's Choice.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.