Around the NFL - Week 10 - Sunday, November 12th

RiotAct

2 hours ago, Roundybout said:

There is zero evidence to suggest that McD wants a boring offense after what we saw from 2020-2022

This is McD's coordinator, he brought him back, he knew exactly what the playbook looked like and what the plans were for the season. He's the Head Coach. It's on him. 

I'd say the same for the Campbell/Ben Johnson situation itself. It's not all Ben. Campbell has input or the choice to have input if he doesn't like something. He's ballsy and not afraid to be creative. McD could learn something from that. He's doing this with Jared Goff, not a top 3 talented QB in the entire league. 

5 minutes ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

This is McD's coordinator, he brought him back, he knew exactly what the playbook looked like and what the plans were for the season. He's the Head Coach. It's on him. 

I'd say the same for the Campbell/Ben Johnson situation itself. It's not all Ben. Campbell has input or the choice to have input if he doesn't like something. He's ballsy and not afraid to be creative. McD could learn something from that. He's doing this with Jared Goff, not a top 3 talented QB in the entire league. 

Goff is having one of the best seasons of his career though 

Just now, Roundybout said:

Goff is having one of the best seasons of his career though 

Yeah, a lot of it is coaching. He was a mess and their coaches have helped him turn it around, he's been really good since the 2nd half of last year. Their schemes and play-calling have been top notch. 

Their guy is improving...ours is declining. And ours is more talented. You don't see something wrong with this picture?

4 minutes ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

Yeah, a lot of it is coaching. He was a mess and their coaches have helped him turn it around, he's been really good since the 2nd half of last year. Their schemes and play-calling have been top notch. 

Their guy is improving...ours is declining. And ours is more talented. You don't see something wrong with this picture?

So McVey is no good now?

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

Yes, our OC is a complete loser who doesn’t have the skills to coach a pee wee team. I fully admit that 

Just now, Roundybout said:

Yes, our OC is a complete loser who doesn’t have the skills to coach a pee wee team. I fully admit that 

OK, who hired that complete loser OC that doesn't have the skills to coach a pee wee team and then brought him back for year 2? Who had oversight seeing what the plans were for the offense this season and what the playbook looked like? Who has had the ability to make a change or give his input or demand for anything to be changed that he doesn't like? 

You guys act like McD had no idea whatsoever what the offense was going to look like this season. And if that's true that he didn't...that's also a major problem. It's on him either way. 

2 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

So McVey is no good now?

McVay's been to two SB's, won one, and hasn't made major coaching gaffes in 4 different playoff exits....and he's done that with lesser talented QB's than the one McD has. I think it's a little bit different. 

2 minutes ago, Freak-O said:

I think we all expected Dorsey to improve in his second season after a decent first. From what it looks like he has regressed. I don’t think anyone expected that. 

I'm on the fence ..... I feel like the throws are there and they're not being made.  Not every time, but a lot of times.  Still on coaching I suppose but not so much play calling.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.