Around the NFL - Week 10 - Sunday, November 12th

RiotAct

10 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

What's your prediction for record leading into that game 

9-7 (4-3 the rest of the way)... Then you hope the Dolphins win no more than 4 games the rest of the way... Which means 10-7 wins the division.

I'll admit the more I look at the remaining schedules of other playoff contenders, the less optimistic I become. That Pats loss was such a brutal hit to our chances. To give ourselves a really good chance we probably have to be 10-6 heading into week 18 and then beat the Dolphins in Miami.

Beat the Broncos, Jets, Patriots, Chargers, steal one against the Chiefs, Cowboys, or Eagles, and then beat the Dolphins... That almost certainly gets us in, probably as the division winner. But I can't say I feel great about that outcome.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

9-7 (4-3 the rest of the way)... Then you hope the Dolphins win no more than 4 games the rest of the way... Which means 10-7 wins the division.

I'll admit the more I look at the remaining schedules of other playoff contenders, the less optimistic I become. That Pats loss was such a brutal hit to our chances. To give ourselves a really good chance we probably have to be 10-6 heading into week 18 and then beat the Dolphins in Miami.

Beat the Broncos, Jets, Patriots, Chargers, steal one against the Chiefs, Cowboys, or Eagles, and then beat the Dolphins... That almost certainly gets us in, probably as the division winner. But I can't say I feel great about that outcome.

Exactly. Everything has to be perfect.

• Sad 1
  • Disagree 1

10 minutes ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

I would have been happy with this during the “in the hunt” years. Don’t expect fans to be pleased with it now 

He said they’re “light years ahead of where we’re supposed to be.”

They’re not even where we’re supposed to be, let alone “light years ahead.”

13 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

Slowik is who I would want the bills to hire as a HC if they move on from McDermott. 

For me it's Ben Johnson, then Slowik, then Bienemy. Johnson gets the edge because he's shown a longer period of success. Maybe by the end of the season I'll feel differently though. Slowik comes from the Shanahan tree and that has been the quickest key to success in recent years.

19 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Very incorrect. It's only 42% if we beat the Broncos. And only 49% if we beat the Broncos AND the Jets.

The Bills are at the point where they're going to have to beat the Cowboys and Chargers AND pull a major upset (one of @PHI, @KC, or @MIA) to make the playoffs.

Certainty of death. Small chance of success. What are we waiting for?

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

For me it's Ben Johnson, then Slowik, then Bienemy. Johnson gets the edge because he's shown a longer period of success. Maybe by the end of the season I'll feel differently though. Slowik comes from the Shanahan tree and that has been the quickest key to success in recent years.

I guarantee Bienemy takes the Commies job when Rivera gets the boot.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.