I’m scared to fire McDermott.

McBean

4 hours ago, BillMafia716ix said:

McDermott not the one turning the ball over 3 times a game. 

And it's not his fault that they had 12 men on the field to end the game? 

Is he held accountable for anything?  Oh yeah, he was and is the only person to ever institute a "Culture"?

Teflon Sean? 

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Gunsgoodtime said:

Still scared folks?  I'm scared to see what's to come in 2024 with this regime, the cap hell its put us in, the old players we have on contract, and then the the total lack of players we will have due to FA.  The total failure to capitalize with a top Qb, failure to put together a good line for said qb for 7 years, the lack of wr talent to even suggest we are goid enough, the total over commitment on Defense soo much from Von, multiple 1st and 2nd round Dl picks, even back to back.  How can any of you as true fans stand for this to continue?  Seriously?  Without Allen Beane and McDermott are gone 2 years ago.  The sooner Pegulas figure this out yhe sooner we can start moving forward

Boom

What a LAMP thread if ever there was one.  I'm scared to fire McD?????  Really????  He's turned their franchise player into a headcase (who somehow no longer evades pressure or can run anymore), hung his hat on his defense that allows mediocre QB's to torch them over & over (yesterday Wilson's average throw was <4 yards, but that was more then good enough vs. McD) and can't hold a lead or make that one stop.

And yesterday caps it off when it appears they "stole" a victory with 12 men on the field after they called a TO on third down, knowing Denver was going to kneel and then run out the kicker and they still couldn't figure it out (as someone said, did they have 12 on the field on third down?).  

How many botched games is this for McD?

But sure blame others.

Edited by Billsfan1972
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Don’t mince words with us, tell us what you really think,

McDermott isn’t going anywhere (unfortunately). This script has been seen so many times in the NFL. 

1.  Going to point to the performance of the mash unit Defense (though there is actual quality depth on that side of the ball with the money and assets spent) 

2.  Going to Blame the regression in offense and Dorsey gets canned as the sacrificial (rightly) lamb 

3.  They will come back in 2024 with roughly the same roster and some added players via draft likely on the defensive side of the ball. 

4. McD buys himself time. Like every failed HC that had some success with playoff appearances. 

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

McDermott isn’t going anywhere (unfortunately). This script has been seen so many times in the NFL. 

1.  Going to point to the performance of the mash unit Defense (though there is actual quality depth on that side of the ball with the money and assets spent) 

2.  Going to Blame the regression in offense and Dorsey gets canned as the sacrificial (rightly) lamb 

3.  They will come back in 2024 with roughly the same roster and some added players via draft likely on the defensive side of the ball. 

4. McD buys himself time. Like every failed HC that had some success with playoff appearances. 

#3, absolutely disagree. They simply cant.

Poyer, Hyde, Tre White, Morse, Gabe Davis, maybe even Von gone.

Now is the chance. Flip the coaches, flip the roster, and reset for 2024. They have the opportunity. We'll see if Terry is able to seize it.

The guy is a horrible game day coach with zero awareness, horrendous clock management and a defense that constantly chokes.

He does a good job of having the team ready during the week and he ended the drought. Our team went from a 20 year laughingstock to a very good team. He’s not getting fired. I’m done with him but he’s going nowhere. We just have to live with his bonehead game day blunders 

3 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

#3, absolutely disagree. They simply cant.

Poyer, Hyde, Tre White, Morse, Gabe Davis, maybe even Von gone.

Now is the chance. Flip the coaches, flip the roster, and reset for 2024. They have the opportunity. We'll see if Terry is able to seize it.

I get it. I really do. 

but you have been watching this game as long if not longer than I have. 

you already know how this will play out and it isn’t going to include a McD firing unless MAYBE they end sub .500 by a lot. Like a 5-12 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Nah, I think he has lost the lockerroom, Diggs offseason was evidence of that and I believe they're on the cusp of player mutiny, the players see McDummie sucks.  Can't keep going forward with ineptness at the coaching position.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

3.  They will come back in 2024 with roughly the same roster

That’s nearly impossible, thankfully. Half the roster are free agents. They’re $30+ million over the cap forcing Beane to make decisions on some of his absurd contracts like Poyer and Harty. White won’t be back. Morse is fading fast. I’m not saying the roster will look any better, but it should be quite different.

2 minutes ago, Airseven said:

That’s nearly impossible, thankfully. Half the roster are free agents. They’re $30+ million over the cap forcing Beane to make decisions on some of his absurd contracts like Poyer and Harty. White won’t be back. Morse is fading fast. I’m not saying the roster will look any better, but it should be quite different.

Yup, they gambled they would win a SB before the wheels fell off and they lost that gamble, now they are going to be in cap hell and waste Allens best years, what a ***** show this is turning into!

Edited by LarryMadman

2 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

What a LAMP thread if ever there was one.  I'm scared to fire McD?????  Really????  He's turned their franchise player into a headcase (who somehow no longer evades pressure or can run anymore), hung his hat on his defense that allows mediocre QB's to torch them over & over (yesterday Wilson's average throw was <4 yards, but that was more then good enough vs. McD) and can't hold a lead or make that one stop.

And yesterday caps it off when it appears they "stole" a victory with 12 men on the field after they called a TO on third down, knowing Denver was going to kneel and then run out the kicker and they still couldn't figure it out (as someone said, did they have 12 on the field on third down?).  

How many botched games is this for McD?

But sure blame others.

Lol did you even read the post bro?

12 minutes ago, Airseven said:

And why I said already they will get their cap space by redoing Allen and Von. 

will bring back everyone on contract fill in with draft and the 1 year deal specials in aging vets and Run it back yet again like they have since 2020 

of course unless the wheels fall completely off and they lose out or even win one or 2 of the remaining 7. 

one thing is proven in the NFL coaches that have had success tend to stay longer than they should. 

They are NOT CANNING McD after 1 year in his new extension. With an absentee owner that has a ton going on outside the Bills. Not happening. 

I would be very surprised if I am wrong here. 

still have the firing of OC play in the script to do. 

and will point to losing Tre, Milano, Von not being healthy, Knox, Jones to continue to show he should get another year. 

Edited by MAJBobby

• 2 weeks later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.