Do we win if the game was 5 quarters?

Mikie2times

The Bengals let their foot off the gas in the 2nd half.  I bet they're complaining about that on whatever their fan forum is.  Again, they physically dominated the Bills to start the game, which is becoming a theme.  It's actually becoming a tiresome act with them - oh, it's late in the 4th quarter, let's turn it on!   It's getting hard to take them seriously when they just bring the same undisciplined soft nonsense game after game.  Good enough to beat the bottom feeders, nowhere near good enough to compete with winning teams.

They'll be running for the bus by halftime next week and we can all get our sundays back.  I'm looking forward to next season after we dump a bunch of overpaid underperforming vets and let Davis walk

We might have won all of our games this year (except maybe Week 1) if they were 5 quarters. The problem is that we're going into these games completely unprepared for the opponent. First halves, and especially first drives, have been an absolute disaster on both sides of the ball. Credit to the coaches for always making good adjustments during the game, butb it's more of a discredit to them for putting us in deep holes we can't climb out of.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Einstein said:

I've heard people say this, but where is the evidence?

Say we score a TD on the Kincaid fumble drive. Then we score a TD the next drive (like we did). 

Let's say we even went for and got the  2 point conversion, like we did.

It's now 25-24 Bills.

Bengals get the ball and literally drove 60 yards in a minute and a half. They are a few yards away from field goal range for a game winning field goal when they kneeled the game out.

How do we win this?

This is true. We were never forcing any turnover last night and because our Dbs were so far off the ball on pass coverage, we weren't ever going to force an INT.  The Bengals were never made to feel uncomfortable because they were in the lead for most of the game so there was no sense of panic or urgency to their game. I dont like Burrow but I have to admit, his approach of being calm and methodical dissected us last night. Having pretty good pass protection also helped. It seemed to me that the Bengals line is really good at pushing the blitz to one side so Burrow could escape. 

45 minutes ago, Mikie2times said:

Do you think we would have won or not? Plenty of threads to air complaints in today. This is a simple question. 

Are you asking if the Bills would've won if the NFL added a 5th "quarter" to all games, or are you asking if the Bills would've won had the game gone into overtime?

4 minutes ago, MPT said:

We might have won all of our games this year (except maybe Week 1) if they were 5 quarters. The problem is that we're going into these games completely unprepared for the opponent. First halves, and especially first drives, have been an absolute disaster on both sides of the ball. Credit to the coaches for always making good adjustments during the game, butb it's more of a discredit to them for putting us in deep holes we can't climb out of.

This is probably my favorite response in this thread. Are we that good at in game adjustments or are we that bad at pre game preparation?  

14 minutes ago, somnus00 said:

Is my aunt my uncle if she has a penis? Sure. But until that happens, this question doesn't matter.

The Bills have 4 quarters to win the game. Just like every other team.

"If a guy dates a girl, who used to be a guy, but isn't anymore. What makes the guy, who dates the girl, who used to be a guy?"

Les Nessman, told through by Herbert R. Tarlek

Edited by Mark Vader

5 minutes ago, BearNorth said:

I also think that early [b/s] roughing call on Settle meant that our pass rushers were wary - if that was called, could you even touch the QB without a flag. That call changed the entire script of the game IMHO.

That was the biggest Tom Brady penalty call I have ever seen!

It's roughing the passer when the QB still has the ball in his hands?!?!?

1 hour ago, Mikie2times said:

We outscored the Bengals 11-10 after the 1st quarter. Defense found it's footing and offense seemed to do so in the 4th quarter. 

Honest question. I think it's likely. If nothing else, we would trade some blows. 

Why can't this team play for 4 quarters as it is ? ... The Defense let them stroll into the end zone the first two times they had the ball, we walked right on down and put up a TD, then the Offense went into their typical 2nd and 3rd Quarter funk. 3 points in two Quarters with Josh Allen as QB is criminal.

If there were a 5th quarter, they wouldn't wake up until then anyway. Of course maybe it's McDermott's game plan to put other teams to sleep, it was working for me.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.