Matt Milano injury

AZSanta

23 minutes ago, eball said:

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

I do think ethics play into it when you're openly providing opinions, holding yourself out as an expert, with respect to a player's protected medical information.Ā  Most of the folks reading his tweets think he has direct knowledge of the injury/timeline because that's how he presents himself.

Ā 

Look, he's making a buck by doing this for gamblers and fantasy football players.Ā  I just call it like it is.

Ā 

Ā 

I do not think most believe he has any direct knowledgeĀ 

Ā 

I donā€™t think that heā€™s dabbling in anything even bordering on protected. Kirk cousins calf wiggling on national tv and a guy like this saying that sure looks like an Achilles, we will see him next year isnā€™t particularly invasive, right?Ā 
Ā 

You could quickly cross into over representing what you know, or being shadyā€¦ and Iā€™ve only seen a little bit of his

Ā 

I have a few others in my feed that I think do this quite ethically and relatively consistently with a good bit of accuracy on the ranges of outcomes, the potential ramp up periods for production on the field based on the different possibilities etcā€¦.Ā 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

I do not think most believe he has any direct knowledgeĀ 

Ā 

I donā€™t think that heā€™s dabbling in anything even bordering on protected. Kirk cousins calf wiggling on national tv and a guy like this saying that sure looks like an Achilles, we will see him next year isnā€™t particularly invasive, right?Ā 
Ā 

You could quickly cross into over representing what you know, or being shadyā€¦ and Iā€™ve only seen a little bit of his

Ā 

I have a few others in my feed that I think do this quite ethically and relatively consistently with a good bit of accuracy on the ranges of outcomes, the potential ramp up periods for production on the field based on the different possibilities etcā€¦.Ā 

Ā 

I think this one guy in particular rubs me the wrong way because last season he diagnosed Josh Allen's elbow injury after the Jets game and said he would be out at least 3-4 weeks or some nonsense.Ā  He presented it matter-of-factly and was dead wrong, even though we know Josh was bothered by the elbow...

Ā 

2 hours ago, eball said:

Ā 

I think this one guy in particular rubs me the wrong way because last season he diagnosed Josh Allen's elbow injury after the Jets game and said he would be out at least 3-4 weeks

Ā 

Now we get down to the bottom of it.

Ā 

Not sure why youā€™re upset about that. Quite frankly, Allen probably should have sat for a couple games. He struggled to drive the ball in the second half of the season and it was widely debated whether he should have taken a few weeks off to heal.

Ā 

He sat out 4 games in his rookie season with a UCL sprain too.

• Agree 2

5 hours ago, Einstein said:

I mean theĀ orthopaedic surgeon with decades of experience, including as a member of theĀ the NFL Physicians Society and has been correct about the majority of the injuries/timelines he has diagnosed.

Ā 

Oh, whups!Ā  I thought we were talking about Dr David Chao
Ā 

You know, This Guy

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2016/04/30/chargers-doctor-david-chao-accused-gros-engligence-treatment-junior-seau/83777186/

In 2014, ChaoĀ was placed on five years of probation by the board for other issues related to his care of patients.

The California state medical board has filed another accusation against former San Diego Chargers doctor David Chao, this time accusing him of gross negligence in his care of deceased NFL linebacker Junior Seau.

https://consumerwatchdog.org/uncategorized/report-dui-football-doctor-responsible-death-chargers-star-seau/

Dr. Chao has a long record of alcohol abuse, including two DUIs, at least twenty malpractice lawsuits from Chargers players and members of the public, an investigation by the DEA into prescriptions Dr. Chao allegedly wrote to himself, and accusations that he enabled his former partnerā€™s prescription drug addiction.

https://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/polar-care-500-david-chao-breg-international-jury-award/1929962/

Ā 

A San Diego jury has just reached a verdict on punitive damages in the malpractice case that's been underway against Dr. David Chao for the past several months.

The jury concluded that Dr. Chao and a San Diego medical device company should pay a former high school track star $7.5 million in punitive damages, for a total verdict including the previously awarded compensatory damages of more than $12 million.

Ā 

And that's just 5 minutes work

If he's still a member of the NFL Physicians Society that may not be a credit to that organization

Edited by Beck Water
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, colin said:

if jones and milano come back for the playoffs, i think our d will get a supercharge like when sanders came back for the colts the year they won it all.

Ā 

It would be crazy.Ā  We added Douglas and Joseph - and then we get those guys back too?

Ā 

That's the kind of D you need to win a SB.

Ā 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Ā 

Ā 

Not sure why youā€™re upset about that. Quite frankly, Allen probably should have sat for a couple games. He struggled to drive the ball in the second half of the season and it was widely debated whether he should have taken a few weeks off to heal.

Ā 

Ā 

No, it wasnā€™t ā€œwidely debatedā€ and he threw the ball fine. Ā In a perfect world all of these guys would sit and heal but thatā€™s not how the NFL works.

Ā 

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, eball said:

Ā 

He gets paid by FanDuel to "diagnose" injuries and predict games missed without putting hands on a patient.Ā  He's an unethical w-h-o-r-e.

Ā 

Ā 

Well first of all, there's a lot of noise in DUI, malpractice cases, and so forth to say Dr David Chao is not an upright person nor as a physician, following best practices and the highest standards.Ā 

But, he was a Chargers team physician for decades, so he has a strong grasp on what injuries are likely to occur in different scenarios where limbs are bent different ways, and what the typical timeline for recovery of those typical injuries might be.Ā  There are some things, like the fluttering calf, that speak pretty clearly to a specific injury like Achilles.Ā  When Josh Allen was injured his rookie year there was film of him being examined on the sideline by a trainer using a procedure called the "milking maneuver" and having a very strong reaction, which is indicative of a UCL injury.

Ā 

It would be awful for him to do this if he were actually "putting hands on a patient" and part of their treatment team, but I don't see what makes Chao more of a "w-h-o-r-e" for accepting money someone is willing to pay him for using his experience and expertise as a former NFL team physician to predict injuries and their likely recovery timeline.

Ā 

And I say that as someone who obviously, does not have a high opinion of Dr Chao based on his public record of DUI, misprescribing drugs, and patients suing him for malpractice.

Ā 

19 minutes ago, eball said:

Ā 

No, it wasnā€™t ā€œwidely debatedā€ and he threw the ball fine. Ā In a perfect world all of these guys would sit and heal but thatā€™s not how the NFL works.

Ā 

Ā 

I heard debate on that point.Ā  We've all seen some cases where a QB tried to play through injuries instead of being shut down and it had a negative impact on his career.

Ā 

Allen himself acknowledged that he wasn't able to use his normal throwing motion for weeks but instead reverted to one he'd used earlier in his career when his accuracy was less.Ā  That implies to me he wasn't "throwing the ball just fine"

Ā 

There isn't a body part or parts on the team that's more important to "get right" than those the starting QB uses to throw.

Edited by Beck Water

1 hour ago, Beck Water said:

Ā 

Ā 

You know, This Guy

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2016/04/30/chargers-doctor-david-chao-accused-gros-engligence-treatment-junior-seau/83777186/

Ā 

Ā 

What does him prescribing ambien to Junior Seau or giving himself prescriptions have to do with his ability to diagnose injuries via the mechanism of a movement (leg bend, achilles snap, etc)?

Ā 

No one is arguing to award him the Nobel peace prize. The discussion has simply been whether he can diagnose injuries - and he has proven that he quite capable in that realm.

Ā 

High profile doctors are frivolously sued often. It is for this reason that malpractice insurance exists. ā€œtheĀ NFLPA requested a review of his qualifications in 2012. He was cleared by an independent panel of three doctorsā€

Ā 

Ā 

Edited by Einstein
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Beck Water said:

Ā 

Ā 

You know, This Guy

https://consumerwatchdog.org/uncategorized/report-dui-football-doctor-responsible-death-chargers-star-seau/

https://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/polar-care-500-david-chao-breg-international-jury-award/1929962/

Ā 

Ā 

And that's just 5 minutes work

If he's still a member of the NFL Physicians Society that may not be a credit to that organization

So he's basically this guy?

1690636680431.jpg?format=pjpg&optimize=m

• Haha (+1) 5

14 hours ago, eball said:

Ā 

He gets paid by FanDuel to "diagnose" injuries and predict games missed without putting hands on a patient.Ā  He's an unethical w-h-o-r-e.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

In the sense that anyone receiving a salary is one, and especially getting paid to guess likely sports outcomes, then yeah, I guess so.

Ā 

He doesn't pretend he's seen the guy in person. He hears what's publicly available about the guy and uses professional knowledge to produce an informed guess, a guess that's more informed than that of anyone else who doesn't have first-hand knowledge of the specifics of the case. Nothing wrong with what he does.

Ā 

Ā 

11 hours ago, eball said:

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

I do think ethics play into it when you're openly providing opinions, holding yourself out as an expert, with respect to a player's protected medical information.Ā  Most of the folks reading his tweets think he has direct knowledge of the injury/timeline because that's how he presents himself.

Ā 

Look, he's making a buck by doing this for gamblers and fantasy football players.Ā  I just call it like it is.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

The medical info is indeed protected. He's not unprotecting it in any way. Nor could he since he doesn't have access.

Ā 

I don't see it as any problem. Probably a million people guess at these outcomes, including some in this thread. He only guesses with much more direct experience in similar situations.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Franco_92 said:

You guys need to read these threads before posting this stuff lol

Ā 

This account is not Matt Milano's, it belongs to some random fan. It's been debunked 10 times in the last 2 days.Ā 

Oh wow, I saw the account had personal pics so I just assumed. The length some people will go through.Ā 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

Oh wow, I saw the account had personal pics so I just assumed. The length some people will go through.Ā 

Yeah its annoying, they scraped milano's instagram so every post he has on there is on that Facebook page. But the key piece of evidence is that most of them were put there in July when it was made, and they've been matching them for the few he's posted since. And then this latest one did not appear on his Instagram, which we know he usesĀ 

16 hours ago, Einstein said:

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Both times hit in the pocket for the UCL injury too.Ā  Shoulder looks like he landed on it funny.Ā  He's still playing so i assume the AC joint and rotator cuff are probably fine.Ā Ā 

1 hour ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

Ā 

Both times hit in the pocket for the UCL injury too.Ā  Shoulder looks like he landed on it funny.Ā  He's still playing so i assume the AC joint and rotator cuff are probably fine.Ā Ā 

I still wonder if he originally hurt it when he tried to get involved in the Brown scuffle in the end zone in the giant's game.Ā  No matter what he said.

Ā 

Ā 

Edited by Tommy Callahan

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.