Week 8, Bucs v. Bills - GAME BALLS

Freddie's Dead

Dorsey?  I'm a 69 year old retired lawyer watching the Pats game last week with my son who's an engineer, and we're saying "They need to run the no-huddle a lot more" and "They need to scheme Davis into the game a lot more." It's Dorsey's profession, we're just a couple of dopes watching the game. Dorsey should be telling me this, not the other way around.  Anyway he can't hear me through the television.

Edited by Dan Darragh
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Dan Darragh said:

Dorsey?  I'm a 69 year old retired lawyer watching the Pats game last week with my son who's an engineer, and we're saying "They need to run the no-huddle a lot more" and "They need to scheme Davis into the game a lot more." It's Dorsey's profession, we're just a couple of dopes watching the game. Dorsey should be telling me this, not the other way around.  Anyway he can't hear me through the television.

Right? All year long, when they run up tempo, they move the ball at will, and score a lot. When they slow it down, the offense turns to molasses. Just use common sense Ken. Maybe he should be nicknamed Ken Doll since he would have fit right in with the Ken's in Barbie?

1 minute ago, SUNTANBILLS FAN said:

Nope! Still  handing off in shotgun and calling stupid wr screens. Cook is ripping it and he puts in Murray. Did way better but no game ball. Should of been up by 30 

I think Josh called some of the early plays when we were running uptempo. Could be wrong, but I'm sticking with it. People talk about McD riding Allen's coattails,  but I think Dorsey was holding onto Josh's cape last night and started dragging him down in the 2nd half. Let the man FLY!! 😄

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Most of the players have already been mentioned. 

As a couple others have said: Dorsey and McDermott both deserve game balls for the offensive and defensive gameplans, respectively.

The 3rd and 1 shotgun on the goal line was infuriating, but that's the only thing I can ding Dorsey for. The rest was good. McDermott's defensive gameplan was great. The chaotic movement at the line, the double a-gap stuff...we haven't seen that kind of attempt to confuse the offense, at least to that degree, this season. I thought it was a masterful defensive gameplan. I also thought he managed the game well at the end. It was not his fault that the drive that led to 8 points in the 4th quarter for the Bucs went the way it did. He didn't commit the two 4th down penalties. Even so, they drained almost the entire clock away.

So yeah...the offensive and defensive coordinators did a fine job last night, and after all the kvetching (much of it justified) about them all season long, they deserve their kudos for last night.

16 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Josh and Baby Stef get their automatic game balls.

Gabe "Welcome Back" Davis - Gabe showed up big as a possession receiver tonight, catching everything that was catchable.  He was the most reliable target for Josh tonight.  

Dalton "Reuben" Kincaid - It took Knox going on IR to finally get Kincaid involved in the passing game, and the kid delivered in spades.

"I'm Rick" James Cook",BIATCH!!" - Gets better every week, hopefully Dorchebag will realize that he doesn't need 50/50 with Murray, it should be more like 80/20.

Khalil "Tupac" Shakir - Came out hot early with big catches, and the Angry Run where he just pancaked Davis set the tone.

Team ball for the entire defense.  When you're down as many guys as we are on D, you need everyone to do their 1/11.  Front 4 had Superfly running for his life all night.  LB's bottled up the running game for the most part.  Backfield blanketed the receivers and held Superfly to one of his lowest passing totals of the year.  Awesome effort by all involved! (Except Jordan Phillips, NO GAME BALL FOR YOU, YOU *****IN' IDIOT!!!)

WHO YA GOT??

I disagree about Cook, he's good but Murray is definitely better at shirt yardage. I wouldn't stop that.

17 hours ago, jlgarsh said:

From the Bucs

In all seriousness, the Bucs have now lost 3 in a row. and now stand 1.5 games back in the NFC South. If the Falcons beat the Titans on Sunday, they’ll be effectively three games back because the Falcons hold the tie break. I don’t think that they are taking any positives from the close loss.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.