Is Josh Allen injured?

John from Riverside

4 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

It would explain a few things that I am noticing in his play, but Josh Allen have an injured shoulder. That’s more injured that’s being let on

Take a look at the passes he was throwing yesterday all fast balls no touch

Didn’t want to run

The short game was not there

Said it was a little sore but no major issue...he isn't wearing a sling like 2020, which I would assume would be the case if there was any structural issue.

Knox is hurt tho...wrist surgery and is out for a while.

He has been playing very well this year outside of the Jets game. He was a little off yesterday, but nothing to indicate an injury that bothered him.

I also don't think he is checked out. He looked angry and frustrated to me yesterday, not uncaring like some people are claiming. Josh just isn't the type to blow up on the sideline and start cussing out his teammates.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, Buffalo619 said:

1.Lack of motivation , this is his annual excuse, every year without failure

2.Commitment to his team? Multiple national commercials has him looking past Buffalo and onto bigger and better things.

3. Look on his face,the first year or two he had that burning desire look, motivated the bench and D. Now he looks at the ipad then sits and watches the jumbotron. 

4. Press conferences, he says the right things over and over again and never actually changes.

5. Lack of running, he seems timid and more cautious this year. Even though the biggest hits are coming in the pocket. His biggest weapon is running.

6. Jets game

7. Patriots game

8. Drama- Team, relationship etc. 

I can poke holes at #1, #2, #4, & #8, and also question you on #5 - do you honestly think him not running is his choice?

Edited by BuffaninSarasota
n

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

It would explain a few things that I am noticing in his play, but Josh Allen have an injured shoulder. That’s more injured that’s being let on

Take a look at the passes he was throwing yesterday all fast balls no touch

Didn’t want to run

The short game was not there

I am sure his shoulder hurts, and he is trying to fight through the pain.  I also think it is affecting his arm angles, etc.  But he is still putting up enough points  to give us a chance to win. 

1 hour ago, Buffalo619 said:

Every year, right about week 7, without fail this excuse comes up about Josh.  No he’s not injured, he’s checked out.  

This is such nonsense. You treat him like he’s the only nfl player ever to make a commercial 

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Buffalo619 said:

This is the third or fourth year in a row, right around week 6. He starts struggling and people thinks he’s injured and uses it as an excuse.  I think it’s much deeper than that. He obviously isn’t the only player to make a commercial and not sure where that is coming from…

Define struggling

A top-five QB in the league no matter how bad he’s playing

Just now, Buffalo619 said:

Yesterdays game was a perfect example. Throwing late, throwing behind and over receivers, staring down receivers, throwing bad interceptions, overall sloppy play. 

I blame scheme more than anything. 

For Pete’s sake, this is like the fifth game in a row I’ve noticed Gabe and Stef right on top of each other running routes 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

42 minutes ago, Buffalo619 said:

2.Commitment to his team? Multiple national commercials has him looking past Buffalo and onto bigger and better things.

3. Look on his face,the first year or two he had that burning desire look, motivated the bench and D. Now he looks at the ipad then sits and watches the jumbotron. 

4. Press conferences, he says the right things over and over again and never actually changes.

5. Lack of running, he seems timid and more cautious this year. Even though the biggest hits are coming in the pocket. His biggest weapon is running.

6. Jets game

7. Patriots game

9. All resources are going to the D, not building around him on offense. We have one decent receiver and a bunch of average. 

10. Coaching (esp OC) no innovation, no rhythm.  He is constantly being put in a bad place. 

Speculate much? 10 as an example how/why is that on Josh? The guy carries his team mates more than their mothers did.

9, again how is that on Josh and exactly how does that make him “check out”? 
i bet you’re a barrel of fun to work with.

1 minute ago, Buffalo619 said:

Possibly but not as polarized as Josh. He goes from superstar to dud quick. He can carry our team but also bring down our team. 

I dunno, yesterday was just another example in the McD era where Josh dragged this team to win, only for the defense to collapse (Hail Murray, 13 Seconds, Vikings, Titans, etc)

• Disagree 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo619 said:

10. He is sick of being put in a bad position or a position to fail and because of that, I believe he doesn’t perform to his full effort. 

9.  No slot, no #2. Just a bunch of average players who drop balls. I can see him frustrated that his offensive weapons haven’t improved and have actually gotten worse. 

Again, speculation. Throw in some emotion and you’ve the definition of a fan who wants to work for ESPN. 

3 minutes ago, Buffalo619 said:

He did just enough to win but there was way too many failed drives that should have resulted in points leading up to that scoring with 2 minutes left. Having short drives gasses the defense and that relates in fatigue later in the game, see last three games. 

Obviously my opinion and it would be career suicide if josh expressed those concerns. I just see a repetitive excuse every year for josh and we should be wondering if not injury, what is causing it.  He wears his emotions on his sleeve, you can see it in his face. 

Of course it’s repetitive. BB, Brady, Montana, really the only player in team sports to really say anything was Jordan (and he could!). Most athletes are emotional, if you think he checks out, quits on his guys you haven’t watched him long enough. 

1 hour ago, Buffalo619 said:

6. Jets game

7. Patriots game

9. All resources are going to the D, not building around him on offense. We have one decent receiver and a bunch of average. 

10. Coaching (esp OC) no innovation, no rhythm.  He is constantly being put in a bad place. 

This is honestly one of the worst posts I've seen in the 25+ years I've been coming to this board.

• Eyeroll 1

Of course he's injured, and of course he's lying to us about it just like he did last year.

Transparency is not valued at OBD.

Personally I'm still waiting for them to come clean about how the 13 seconds happened.  We all know the coaches screwed up, why haven't they owned it?

Transparency!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.