Sad prediction...Jets win Superbowl

Hebert19

All the dolphins and bills needed to do is keep winning.  Keep winning and the jets would eventually be eliminated and Rodgers would not come back.  Now.  The jets are a 1/2 game back and own the tiebreaker.  Potentially 1 game back of Miami and with that D they will give them fits.  

So my prediction is they somehow manage to stay in the race until Thanksgiving and Rodgers comes back and they go on an epic run.   

• Eyeroll 4
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 5

16 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

All the dolphins and bills needed to do is keep winning.  Keep winning and the jets would eventually be eliminated and Rodgers would not come back.  Now.  The jets are a 1/2 game back and own the tiebreaker.  Potentially 1 game back of Miami and with that D they will give them fits.  

So my prediction is they somehow manage to stay in the race until Thanksgiving and Rodgers comes back and they go on an epic run.   

crack-drugs.gif

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

Speaking of the Jets they sent out an email to their season ticket holders today. They are mailing out the invoices for the 2024 season now. They are requiring season tickets holders to pay for the 2024 by Nov 15. You can pay in full by check or CC. Or you can pay over 6 installments by CC only starting Nov 15. The 2023 season isn't even halfway over, and most Jets home games still have to be played this year. Maybe they are worried Rodgers won't come back next year and many season ticket holders will bail so they are trying to lock everybody in now for next year. Rodgers is a strange guy and could pull a 180 on next year.

1 minute ago, dorquemada said:

doubtful, but i'd cheer for them if they find a way into the playoffs.  this bills team is getting harder to cheer for, plus can you imagine if Buffalo somehow sneaks in?  they'll vanish in a puff of bad smelling smoke

You will cheer for the Jets if they get into the playoffs. You can't cheer for the Jets as a Bills fan. That is not allowed.

• Agree 1

Just now, Gregg said:

You will cheer for the Jets if they get into the playoffs. You can't cheer for the Jets as a Bills fan. That is not allowed.

meh, like a lot of ppl around here my fandom intensified during the glory era.  Those guys turned in some stinkers but the passion was there when it counted, and you knew when the game was on the line that they would all give it everything they had.  This crew seems more put out to even have to play the games, coming out completely flat in every game since Miami.  Jordan Phillips is the only guy with any juice on the D and I dont see anyone besides Diggs on O that has any passion.  Allen is just a really expensive disappointment now.  He's obviously better than what's behind him, and better than our other choices, but starting to look more like Justin Herbert than Patrick Mahomes

I can't help but think they guys we lost to injury were the guys that held the rest of the team accountable because they appear to be completely rudderless.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

The Jets? Nope! Roger Goodell has only one thing on his mind, and that’s to have his Super Bowl halftime act call in sick so he can have Taylor Swift come down from the luxury box and fill in while the Chiefs win another one. Pure television ratings gold! 

The Chiefs looked scary good yesterday. It's not just the offense either as their defense made adjustments and held Herbert and company in check the entire second half. Long way to go but as of right now the Ravens might be the best chance at stopping the Chiefs from going back to the Super Bowl. 

9 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

meh, like a lot of ppl around here my fandom intensified during the glory era.  Those guys turned in some stinkers but the passion was there when it counted, and you knew when the game was on the line that they would all give it everything they had.  This crew seems more put out to even have to play the games, coming out completely flat in every game since Miami.  Jordan Phillips is the only guy with any juice on the D and I dont see anyone besides Diggs on O that has any passion.  Allen is just a really expensive disappointment now.  He's obviously better than what's behind him, and better than our other choices, but starting to look more like Justin Herbert than Patrick Mahomes

I can't help but think they guys we lost to injury were the guys that held the rest of the team accountable because they appear to be completely rudderless.

That's just the coach taking all the passion out of his players, with his bone headed decisions, obsession with the wrong side of the ball, and zero accountability. A good coach fixes quite a few of the teams issues 

52 minutes ago, Franco_92 said:

An equally sad but far more likely possibility: Miami or KC could win the super bowl. 

I think KC or BAL will be the AFC representative. Ravens destroyed the Lions yesterday. That was an impressive win for them.

I mean even if all that happens the Jets would have to run through 3 of:

Chiefs, Ravens, Bengals, Steelers, Bills, Dolphins, Jags, Browns

The AFC is like a cage match. Bengals/Jets/Bills/Browns at least two of those teams (maybe even 3) don't even make the dance.

1 hour ago, Hebert19 said:

Here's a prediction. Jets hang around just long enough for Rodgers to come back. But his 40 year old body came back too soon, gets reinjured and the Jets are without him a good chunk of next year as well.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.