Harbaugh under NCAA investigation again- sign stealing like Belichick's Cheatriots

EasternOHBillsFan

Whoa... he will do anything in order to win at Michigan now. Sad really...

"The NCAA is investigating the Michigan Wolverines' football program amid allegations of sign stealing, the Big Ten Conference announced Thursday.

The University of Michigan and the Big Ten were both notified by the NCAA of the investigation on Wednesday, and the conference said it had notified the Wolverines' future opponents."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/ncaa-investigating-no-2-michigan-amid-sign-stealing-allegations/ar-AA1iweio

Jim Harbaugh is a baby.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/flashback-jim-harbaugh-once-broke-his-hand-punching-jim-kelly/

Jim Kelly made some comments about me on a TV show in Buffalo. He basically said I was a baby, that I fake injuries," Harbaugh told Mitch Albom in 1997. "He said if he were still playing, he'd tell Buffalo players to hit me in the mouth and I'd get rattled."

As fate would have it, Kelly was scheduled to announce Harbaugh's game the first Sunday after he made the "baby" comment. At the time, Harbaugh was playing for the Colts. 

The day before the game, Harbaugh decided to "crash an NBC production meeting" and that's when things escalated.  

he broke his own hand being a little B word punching Jim.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, That's No Moon said:

If you aren't trying to steal signals are you really trying? I'm not sure I understand why this is an issue. Maybe don't use a giant sign board that everyone can see?

I agree.  This situation is completely different than taping a walk through.   I use to coach High School football and our opponents would do the same thing.   Of course they had tape, but they also had advanced scouts in attendance at our games, if they had tape, what else would they be there for?

If the opposing coaches didnt mix up their signs from game to game, thats on them.  I called offensive plays from the sidelines using hand signals and numbers.  I always changed the corresponding play and number by the half.   The next game the number scheme was completely different.  This way only myself and the QB knew what the play call was.     The article didnt have much information but I will wait and see what the details are before passing judgement.

There are a million ways to know what the other coach is going to call.   Some coaches only run 1 or 2 different plays out of a specific formation.  If you've done your due diligence you can get a pretty good idea as to what the other team is going to run in a specific situation, done/distance/where the ball is placed (yard line/wide side vs short side etc).  It's up to the opposing coach to understand their own tendencies and change those as well.   Like I said, should be interesting to see what the full details.   

Edited by thenorthremembers
  • Like (+1) 1

UPDATE to the story:

"Sources confirmed to ESPN that Stalions purchased tickets on both sides of the stadium -- across from each bench -- for Ohio State's game with Penn State on Saturday. Michigan plays both teams in upcoming weeks. According to sources, the tickets purchased by Stalions were not used Saturday. Stalions' name emerged publicly in an ESPN story Friday. He was suspended with pay by Michigan.

None of the tickets that the 11 schools told ESPN about involved Michigan as an opponent, per sources. The games involved either one or both of the teams that the Wolverines were playing later that season, according to sources."

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/38727023/u-m-staffer-bought-tickets-11-schools

On 10/24/2023 at 9:40 AM, DrDawkinstein said:

"Jim Harbaugh went 2-4 in 2020, capping a 47-22 run (.681) over six years. Since @PeteThamel reported the Michigan allegations began in 2021, Michigan has gone 33-3 (.917). Conference record has improved from 34-16 (.680) to 22-1 (.956)" link

Also my wife pointed out that they never scouted TCU, which explains why TCU didn't have the same issues the other teams had. I bet they didn't have ANY tickets or material for TCU.... I mean, who could have predicted that?!?! Makes sense to me.

As a Michigan Alum this whole situation is unsettling.  I do not condone what they are being accused of.  If they cheated then they deserve whatever punishment they get.  I feel awful for the players though.  Harbaughs has actually built a great team and it might all get tossed. 

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, Mark92 said:

As a Michigan Alum this whole situation is unsettling.  I do not condone what they are being accused of.  If they cheated then they deserve whatever punishment they get.  I feel awful for the players though.  Harbaughs has actually built a great team and it might all get tossed. 

Classy response. Nobody wants to see this in the game, and it is disheartening to see some voices blowing this off. I feel the same way about Urban Meyer's misconduct as I do about this... sports must do better and clean up its act.

• Like (+1) 1

"House plants, they have their functions. They can be beautiful in the home. They can bring great beauty and value to a home. But the field corn: Just drop a seed in a crack of a sidewalk and it'll burrow down and come up with energy, then rise up in a stalk-like fashion and start producing."

Makes sense... Everything is fine... 🤪

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

"House plants, they have their functions. They can be beautiful in the home. They can bring great beauty and value to a home. But the field corn: Just drop a seed in a crack of a sidewalk and it'll burrow down and come up with energy, then rise up in a stalk-like fashion and start producing."

Sounds corny to me *ba doomp ching*

Some people are giving it the "everybody does it" routine, but evidently TTUN isn't since they yanked his extension *supposedly*

20 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

There is an echo in this guy’s head 

• Haha (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.