If the Bills Don’t Make it to the AFCCG, Should McDermott Be Fired?

Gugny

If the Bills Don’t Make it to the AFCCG, Should McDermott Be Fired?  

378 members have voted

1. 1. If the Bills Don’t Make it to the AFCCG, Should McDermott Be Fired?

Title of this thread needs to change to "If the Bills don't make the playoffs this year..."

That's not crazy overreaction anymore.  It's going to be a huge struggle even make the playoffs - and it's not all on Dorsey - McDermott's become the Schottenheimer some feared he was.  I never believed that until today.

Three straight weeks of completely listless play in all phases.

42 minutes ago, BobChalmers said:

Title of this thread needs to change to "If the Bills don't make the playoffs this year..."

That's not crazy overreaction anymore.  It's going to be a huge struggle even make the playoffs - and it's not all on Dorsey - McDermott's become the Schottenheimer some feared he was.  I never believed that until today.

Three straight weeks of completely listless play in all phases.

Yep, was discussing this before the game.. I could easily see them missing the playoffs.

On 10/21/2023 at 11:19 AM, Kirby Jackson said:

It gives a reason for sure. His defense looked amazing when healthy. It wouldn’t change things for me (especially if Milano and Jones are back). 

Beane is fine imo. I wish that he added a dependable 2. Overall though, he has built, what I believe to be, a championship roster.

I take it back and todays the day. Lmao

29 points allowed to the worst offense in football. The more I think about it the more unbelievable it seems. Maybe there's some sliver of an argument that McDermott isn't the problem, but he certainly is not the solution. I'm ready to give someone else a shot. There are even several DCs in the league that I trust over him. Give me an offensive coach and a modern defensive mind at DC that is unlikely to ever get hired away as a HC. That's the modern formula for making it to the Super Bowl.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.