Ongoing Insurrections: At White House & Capitol. 10/18,11/4,12/19, 1/13/24 & 4/9/24.

You notice anything different in that scene ? The police are actually pushing the protestors back off of the barrier . I wonder ho many officers will have law suits for doing their job ? 

And you can bet if one of the officers shot one of these protesters they would be put in jail ... 

• Agree 2

• BillsFanNC changed the title to More Insurrections: At White House & Capitol.

Context matters:

https://x.com/ryanjreilly/status/1714740713546457258?s=20

https://x.com/ryanjreilly/status/1714741143282311562?s=20

https://x.com/ryanjreilly/status/1714742404048097788?s=20

Text since Twitter embedding is hit-or-miss:

"A lot of disinformation out there about the protest at the Capitol, but the U.S. Capitol Police tell NBC News that to the best of their knowledge all protesters went through security, entering the proper way, through mag screening. Capitol office buildings are open to the public."

"Unlike on Jan. 6, when Trump supporters stormed the U.S. Capitol and bypassed broken windows and blaring alarms, hundreds of these protesters are being arrested on the spot, as anyone who protests in the Capitol should expect to happen."

"Some good info here. These are people who are choosing to be arrested inside a Capitol office building to make a point. They did not break open fire doors or overrun security booths."

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ChiGoose said:

Context matters:

"A lot of disinformation out there about the protest at the Capitol, but the U.S. Capitol Police tell NBC News that to the best of their knowledge all protesters went through security, entering the proper way, through mag screening. Capitol office buildings are open to the public."

"Unlike on Jan. 6, when Trump supporters stormed the U.S. Capitol and bypassed broken windows and blaring alarms, hundreds of these protesters are being arrested on the spot, as anyone who protests in the Capitol should expect to happen."

"Some good info here. These are people who are choosing to be arrested inside a Capitol office building to make a point. They did not break open fire doors or overrun security booths."

Physically assaulting officers is acceptable if one passes through security, to the best of their knowledge of course?   Is that called slippage, too? 

What a strange land we live in. 

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Physically assaulting officers is acceptable if one passes through security, to the best of their knowledge of course?   Is that called slippage, too? 

What a strange land we live in. 

Of course not. 

I just think it should be obvious that entering a building legally and staging a protest is different than breaking into a building and ransacking it. 

5 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Of course not. 

I just think it should be obvious that entering a building legally and staging a protest is different than breaking into a building and ransacking it. 

I agreed with that perspective on 1/6, and every day since.  I do think all pretense of restorative justice with an eye toward rehabilitation has gone out the window and been replaced with good old fashioned skull thumping punitive justice, but that’s a different subject. 

That’s not what I was referring to, I was referring to the assault on law enforcement officers by protestors, which is most assuredly different than passing through security, to the best of their knowledge of course.  

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I agreed with that perspective on 1/6, and every day since.  I do think all pretense of restorative justice with an eye toward rehabilitation has gone out the window and been replaced with good old fashioned skull thumping punitive justice, but that’s a different subject. 

That’s not what I was referring to, I was referring to the assault on law enforcement officers by protestors, which is most assuredly different than passing through security, to the best of their knowledge of course.  

Here’s my super controversial opinion:

Don’t hit cops. If you hit cops, you should probably face consequences.

Also, we’ve seen people saying nobody’s been arrested and we’ve seen people actually being arrested, so I think we should avoid rolling out the Jump to Conclusions Mat until we have a bit more clarity. 

13 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Here’s my super controversial opinion:

Don’t hit cops. If you hit cops, you should probably face consequences.

Also, we’ve seen people saying nobody’s been arrested and we’ve seen people actually being arrested, so I think we should avoid rolling out the Jump to Conclusions Mat until we have a bit more clarity. 

Seems fair enough, though most of the conversations on this board involve someone  jumping to conclusions one way or the other.

Weird - was there a peaceful transfer of power taking place recently?

I’m not referring to the incompetent GQP in the House -  but where was there an insurrection?

If we are going to call this an insurrection - what do you call it when this POS tear gassed peaceful protestors in front of the WH?

That’s right Bonnie:

On 9/26/2023 at 5:23 PM, B-Man said:

stunt

noun 

: an unusual or difficult feat.

especially : one performed or undertaken chiefly to gain attention or publicity

These idiots never think.

I have a question. Does wantingvthe war to end (Ceasefire)  equal support for Hamas? i'm not sure but IMO it  shouldn't

For me I just want the killing to stop. Hamas deserves no mercy  but the innocent civilians do. Both sides

sorry to go off topic regarding protests today at the capital.

How long can a conflict like this conceivably go on? Yeah well considering it has raged for centuries already 

blech.

Hamas You SUCK.

Edited by muppy

3 hours ago, muppy said:

I have a question. Does wantingvthe war to end (Ceasefire)  equal support for Hamas? i'm not sure but IMO it  shouldn't

For me I just want the killing to stop. Hamas deserves no mercy  but the innocent civilians do. Both sides

sorry to go off topic regarding protests today at the capital.

How long can a conflict like this conceivably go on? Yeah well considering it has raged for centuries already 

blech.

Hamas You SUCK.

No, it doesn't.  But the fact remains that Hamas must be eliminated if Israelis and Palestinians are to live beside each other in peace.  No decent human wants to see the death of any innocent civilian, but Hamas uses Palestinian civilians as human shields, and places their weaponry and military headquarters in hospitals and schools. It places the Israeli military in a no win situation.  And let's not forget they are still holding hundreds of Israeli civilian hostages. 

Edited by TheBrownBear
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Seems fair enough, though most of the conversations on this board involve someone  jumping to conclusions one way or the other.

Everybody has to have an instant take on everything instantly all of the time. You can’t wait for more info, display uncertainty, or be in a grey area. 

Our modern social media / news culture seems to require boiling everything down to black and white, us vs them, leaving no room for nuance. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

26 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Everybody has to have an instant take on everything instantly all of the time. You can’t wait for more info, display uncertainty, or be in a grey area. 

Our modern social media / news culture seems to require boiling everything down to black and white, us vs them, leaving no room for nuance. 

It’s the kind of thing that leads to referring to the transfer of migrants from one city to another as “human trafficking”. There’s always a need for some to sensationalize. 

• Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

It’s the kind of thing that leads to referring to the transfer of migrants from one city to another as “human trafficking”. There’s always a need for some to sensationalize. 

That’s a pretty banal way of explaining fraudulently inducing people to cross state lines for political gain. 

• Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, ChiGoose said:

That’s a pretty banal way of explaining fraudulently inducing people to cross state lines for political gain. 

Fraudulently inducing…..good one.  Still zeroed in on the claims of the Martha’s Vineyard 50? Human trafficking!

What’s banal is thinking these migrants are better off living under a bridge in El Paso. Because if they go anywhere else their families are in danger. Right?

• Thank you (+1) 3

The King in rare form today!

Less than 24 hours after his favorite news sources rushed to push the false Hamas narrative....he's lecturing  others on rushing to conclusions. 

You can't make it up!

Thus why he's the undisputed King!

Edited by BillsFanNC
  • Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

Fraudulently inducing…..good one.  Still zeroed in on the claims of the Martha’s Vineyard 50? Human trafficking!

What’s banal is thinking these migrants are better off living under a bridge in El Paso. Because if they go anywhere else their families are in danger. Right?

I honestly don’t understand why conservatives are so insistent on completely missing the point. 

But I guess if they weren’t, they might not be conservatives anymore. 

4 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

I honestly don’t understand why conservatives are so insistent on completely missing the point. 

Whispering voice: For those of you playing at home, that is known as the classic diversion. Usually utilized when a frustrated poster has nothing else to say.

Edited by B-Man
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, B-Man said:

Whispering voice: For those of you playing at home, that is known as the classic diversion. Usually utilized when a frustrated poster has nothing else to say.

For those of you reading at home, I’ve already pointed out the reasoning behind this in the thread that is actually on topic for the BS that’s being pulled here. 

• Dislike 1

4 hours ago, ChiGoose said:

Context matters:

^^^^

So much disinformation in this post…very little context, with high amounts disingenuousness…😉

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

The point is that people like you have to paint things with an extreme brush. You will go to the mat over the literal definition of sanctuary city and immediately follow it up with nonsense about “human trafficking” and crossing state lines as though that’s something new and terrible. Why not make your case without the dramatics? Since it’s something that you and the late, un-great redhawk do regularly, does that make it a liberal thing?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

• BillsFanNC changed the title to More Insurrections: At White House & Capitol. 10/18: Hamasurrection

No matter what view anyone might have on this interruption of an official proceeding, how some point out the nuances and differences between this and J6 to argue its not a crime under the books, or others argue by the letter of the law its disrupting the official actions of government regardless of the protocol for entered the building, we all know a couple things for certain. 

The DOJ will show no lust or desire to prosecute anyone involved because the people involved are generally considered political allies of the administration.  No hearings, no indictments, no show trials in front of judges supportive of the government's cases.  And the media will move the story quickly off the front page to facilitate the public forgetting the event as quickly as possible. 

• Like (+1) 1