Expectations of perfection are hampering this team.

Giuseppe Tognarelli

The Bills won. It didn't look anything like we hoped or expected, but they won.

Bills Mafia and the media are responding like it's a loss. Tony Dungy remarked postgame that Josh Allen sounded like a quarterback who lost.

There was a lot of talk about the Bills possibly benefiting from less pressure this year, but I don't think that's the case. I think there's a lot of internal and external pressure on this team to not only win but also win big and pretty.

I'm not sure this feeling exists in other NFL cities. I think we might need an attitude adjustment, or the weight of expectations could undo this team.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 2
  • Disagree 2

1 minute ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Hey, here’s some fun stuff:  but for the Steelers/Browns bye the Bills would be in 7th in the conference, 1/2 game ahead of the Jets (3-3) who own the tie breaker over them. 

Good, good stuff. 

Nah, it’ll be fine.

And stay only one game behind Dolphins and win the remaining Dolphins game and Division Championship is assured, again.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Most of us are hardcore fans and yes, we expect 31-35 pts every week.  Josh and Diggs expect it too i’m sure. 

It’s not reality and i’m thrilled they won a close game at the end. They’ve won plenty of big ones but have also lost too many one score games in the McD/Allen era. 

• Dislike 1

Agreed with original post.  Every week is a challenge in NFL no matter who you’re playing.  Contrast Josh’s interview to Mahomes after he wins at least 5 ugly games like this every year.  Get the dub and figure stuff out.  They count the same whether you win by 30 or with help from the refs.  

Edited by BuffaloRebound
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Agreed with original post.  Every week is a challenge in NFL no matter who you’re playing.  Contrast Josh’s interview to Mahomes after he wins at least 5 ugly games like this every year.  Get the dub and figure stuff out.  They count the same whether you win by 30 or with help from the refs.  

Excellent point that I almost brought up in my post. It sounds different when Mahomes and the Chiefs win these.

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

The Bills won. It didn't look anything like we hoped or expected, but they won.

Bills Mafia and the media are responding like it's a loss. Tony Dungy remarked postgame that Josh Allen sounded like a quarterback who lost.

There was a lot of talk about the Bills possibly benefiting from less pressure this year, but I don't think that's the case. I think there's a lot of internal and external pressure on this team to not only win but also win big and pretty.

I'm not sure this feeling exists in other NFL cities. I think we might need an attitude adjustment, or the weight of expectations could undo this team.

You won because Tyrol Taylor totally messed up to end the 1st half and didn’t even get 3 points because he ran the ball with no time out left. Then the refs totally miss an obvious PI in the end zone as well against the Bills. The Bills are lucky not to be in 3rd place in the AFC East this morning. 

The media and Bills fans see the schedule and know the tough part of your schedule hasn’t even hit yet. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 2

11 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Hey, here’s some fun stuff:  but for the Steelers/Browns bye the Bills would be in 7th in the conference, 1/2 game ahead of the Jets (3-3) who own the tie breaker over them. 

Good, good stuff. 

Nah, it’ll be fine.

The Bills will be in the playoffs.

I've come to believe the location of the game and the opponent don't really matter.

1 minute ago, PatsFanNH said:

You won

• Thank you (+1) 1

I think the biggest problem is many of us have been around since the years of barely putting a football team on the field. Always winning just enough to be in the hunt but never good enough to be considered an elite team in this league. With this QB. With this roster we are and should be considered an elite team. But for multiple reasons we look like one of the worst teams in football for the last few weeks. We can only hope they get their crap together and play their best football down the stretch. But if it takes them too long, they aren’t going to make it to the playoffs to show it. Hard part of the schedule coming. If you plays teams like the Chiefs, Cowboys, Bengals, Dolphins (again) like the way you are now, you’re going to lose all of them. 

• Agree 4

4 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Yours is hope.  Cool.  Go Bills.

Mine is where we are.

I hear ya good buddy. There’s definitely something off with this team, and the games we’re expected to roll in, we simply can’t, whilst the games we are told will be cliffhangers (e.g. Phins), we dominate? I get the whole playing down to your opponent concept, but this feels beyond that. Consistency for us means being inconsistent, and that’s no way to live. But how do we fix it? Maybe it’s time for the infamous players-only meeting? 🫣🤷🏼‍♂️

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

You won because Tyrol Taylor totally messed up to end the 1st half and didn’t even get 3 points because he ran the ball with no time out left. Then the refs totally miss an obvious PI in the end zone as well against the Bills. The Bills are lucky not to be in 3rd place in the AFC East this morning. 

The media and Bills fans see the schedule and know the tough part of your schedule hasn’t even hit yet. 

You know who else didn't get "3 points"? The Bills, TWICE. If we are going to play that game, might as well bring that up as well.

Perfection?  I think we'd all be happy with competent.  Half of their games have been downright painful and unpleasant to watch.  During game day, I can't understand how they continue to be so bad at time and situational management?  They need to establish a plan B and C on offense.  Allen to Diggs isn't always going to be possible for 10+ connections a game.  You'd think they'd be working on getting additional threats on film against the lesser teams.    

• Agree 2

20 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Oh god a Pats* fan commenting on no calls hahaha priceless

If we are going to play that game, Barkley was pushed backwards out of bounds a couple plays earlier in the drive and the clock didn’t keep running. They never should have had 2 chances for DPIs to begin with

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Expectations of perfection are hampering fans from enjoying football. 
Ahh, that’s better. So we won an ugly, close game. Good on the Bills. I enjoyed the victory. Even smoked a celebratory bowl after and slept well. Happy victory Monday!!

22 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Thanks for the input, Mr. 1-5

• Haha (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

We won. The rest doesn’t matter. I’ll leave it at that. How’d the Pats do? 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.