Giants @ Bills Postgame thread

Simon

WanDale Robinson was a guy that I came away impressed with. His short area quickness and ability to get vertical with the ball reminded me of Beasley in his prime. Posted a 8-62 line….which is what I think Dorsey was hoping he could get from Kincaid. 

A sure handed, security blanket who can move the chains and get the tough yards when needed. 

18 minutes ago, Mango said:

I think that is a super dangerous road to go down. 

If Josh not running has “killed this offense”, then that means Allen’s arm/decision making aren’t good enough, and running the ball is the solution. 

Thats not what it means at all. At all.

Rather, it's simple math.

Allen being a running threat, and a MAJOR running threat at that, meant Defenses had to keep a guy around to spy him if they wanted to stop it. If not, then we'd gash them until they did. And then that would open up the passing game for everyone else. Even our JAGs were getting open as Josh was setting records for most individual receivers with passes caught.

Now, with no running threat, the numbers tip back into the Defense's favor. They can cover Diggs AND take away the rest of the guys who are by no means world beaters.

We must run Josh. Like 3-5 called QB runs the entire game, with a couple of those coming early to set the tone and show the Defense that extra wrinkle.

He also needs to be given back the green light to scramble 5 yards for the 1st when it's there, and keep the chains moving, than throw an awkward pass to an unexpecting WR who drops it and kills the drive.

Josh's legs are a major part of this O, and we've lost them.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

Haha damn. I knew there was tension between them, but do you/anyone know what caused the feud?

I'd imagine a good portion of what we saw there was McD being pissed/losing respect for Dabol after he had his team take so many cheap shots at guys he used to coach.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

Haha damn. I knew there was tension between them, but do you/anyone know what caused the feud?

Daboll impresses me as someone who doesn't like to be told what to do.  I think McD thought running the ball more was a good idea.  Dabs thought otherwise.  In any event, not a classy move by Dabs at all.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I'd imagine a good portion of what we saw there was McD being pissed/losing respect for Dabol after he had his team take so many cheap shots at guys he used to coach.

True, but even before the game there were apparent tensions between the two 

Just now, jkeerie said:

Daboll impresses me as someone who doesn't like to be told what to do.  I think McD thought running the ball more was a good idea.  Dabs thought otherwise.  In any event, not a classy move by Dabs at all.

Ya that’s what I was thinking the feud was snot but wasn’t sure. Thank you 

8 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Thats not what it means at all. At all.

Rather, it's simple math.

Allen being a running threat, and a MAJOR running threat at that, meant Defenses had to keep a guy around to spy him if they wanted to stop it. If not, then we'd gash them until they did. And then that would open up the passing game for everyone else. Even our JAGs were getting open as Josh was setting records for most individual receivers with passes caught.

Now, with no running threat, the numbers tip back into the Defense's favor. They can cover Diggs AND take away the rest of the guys who are by no means world beaters.

We must run Josh. Like 3-5 called QB runs the entire game, with a couple of those coming early to set the tone and show the Defense that extra wrinkle.

He also needs to be given back the green light to scramble 5 yards for the 1st when it's there, and keep the chains moving, than throw an awkward pass to an unexpecting WR who drops it and kills the drive.

Josh's legs are a major part of this O, and we've lost them.

I am directly quoting the poster. If your QB not running is “killing the offense” then the passing game isn’t effective. 

Theres a reasonable conversation to be had about Josh running more. That’s cool. I don’t disagree.

But to say not running is somehow ruining the offense absolutely is an unintentional knock on the QB’s ability to be a passer. 

5 minutes ago, Mango said:

I am directly quoting the poster. If your QB not running is “killing the offense” then the passing game isn’t effective. 

Theres a reasonable conversation to be had about Josh running more. That’s cool. I don’t disagree.

But to say not running is somehow ruining the offense absolutely is an unintentional knock on the QB’s ability to be a passer. 

No it isnt.

It's a knock on the Offense, sure. But it could be a knock on the OC for not scheming guys open. A knock on the GM for not getting enough talent. A knock on the WRs for not getting separation. And sure, possibly a knock on the QB for not executing better.

You are jumping to one specific negative conclusion about a very broad and complex subject.

The overall point without getting offended by it is simply we have a key Offensive player with a diverse set of high level skills, and arent using all of them, and we should be using all of the skills of the guy who touches the ball every play.

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Mango said:

Mahomes runs more than Allen this year. Is that a knock on Mahomes or on his offense this season?

2 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Did anyone see these snap counts?

Oliver in on 87% of snaps?! Wow.

Diggs outsnaps Davis for the first time since I can remember. 

Harty a measley 16%…waste.

Edwards in on 13% of snaps…that’s 8 plays with 6 OL. 

There is no way Ed holds up playing 17 games like this. We need to figure out 1T.

9 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Did anyone see these snap counts?

Oliver in on 87% of snaps?! Wow.

Diggs outsnaps Davis for the first time since I can remember. 

Harty a measley 16%…waste.

Edwards in on 13% of snaps…that’s 8 plays with 6 OL. 

Playing his position and Jones now.

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.