Tomorrow’s Pre-Game Agenda — What’s Your Itinerary to Get to 8:20 PM?

HIT BY SPIKES

Ugh. I hate late games. It forces you to be a normal functioning member of society all afternoon/evening... not a Bills lunatic.

Since there are only two more 1:00 starts this season, I guess I better put on my Big-boy panties and get over it.

• Like (+1) 1

A buddy is playing hockey across the street from a listed Bills Backers Bar in Clifton Park (Albany-ish).  They eat there after the game all the time and we’re meeting a new GF who is going to watchZ

But their hours say they close at 9. 

I think that can’t be right on game night but my partner is antsy and asked me to check they’d stay open. So I call…

The kitchen and bar will close at 9. I asked them to check with somebody in charge, they have BoW, Blue Light, and Bills logos all over their social media. They told me that since it’s a nationally televised game they won’t stay open. 

How can you expect to draw a crowd if you can’t consistently be counted on to show the game. This has to be the worst Backer Bar in the country, right?

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, Poleshifter said:

One benefit of living in Arizona - the game starts at 5:20

california here.

since i hate being even the tinyest bit sleepy during the game, I set my alarm for 4am today.  So i can get in a nap, not have to drink coffee during the game, and still be able to sleep tonite at a reasonable hour.

sacrifice

7 minutes ago, Mango said:

But their hours say they close at 9

I think that can’t be right on game night but my partner is antsy and asked me to check they’d stay open. So I call…

The kitchen and bar will close at 9. I asked them to check with somebody in charge, they have BoW, Blue Light, and Bills logos all over their social media. They told me that since it’s a nationally televised game they won’t stay open. 

How can you expect to draw a crowd if you can’t consistently be counted on to show the game. This has to be the worst Backer Bar in the country, right?

maybe because they cant serve alcohol past 10 (or something similar).  Its probably not profitable and they might not be rich enuf to stay open anyway.

and/or, didnt i hear on the radio something about NYS now being able to buy alcohol on sundays.   This could also hurt bars too.

Edited by maddenboy
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, maddenboy said:

california here.

since i hate being even the tinyest bit sleepy during the game, I set my alarm for 4am today.  So i can get in a nap, not have to drink coffee during the game, and still be able to sleep tonite at a reasonable hour.

sacrifice

I normally have my morning coffee during 10 AM Bills games.

1 hour ago, maddenboy said:

california here.

sacrifice

maybe because they cant serve alcohol past 10 (or something similar).  Its probably not profitable and they might not be rich enuf to stay open anyway.

and/or, didnt i hear on the radio something about NYS now being able to buy alcohol on sundays.   This could also hurt bars too.

1. The absolute most important point here is you 100% should not be allowed to call yourself a Bills Backers Bar, and be listed on any “official” BBB website if you don’t show the full game. If you cannot afford

to be open for a Bills game you cannot be listed as an official backers bar. Full stop. 

2. Liquor laws aren’t in issue in the capital region of NYS. They can serve until the wee hours of the morning. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, maddenboy said:

california here.

sacrifice

You could always buy alcohol on Sunday in Buffalo

What they changed was for the London game.. they let bars and restaurants serve alcohol at 9:00 a.m. which used to not be permitted

Edited by Buffalo716

34 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

Been watching the other games and checking in here occasionally today to pass the time but now I am getting antsy for the Bills game!  These primetime starts suck lol.  Can imagine it's a fun atmosphere at the stadium right now though 

I have been receiving reports and photos from Hammer’s Lot since Noon.

The weather kinda sucks but the tailgate atmosphere is most excellent.

Edited by HIT BY SPIKES

20 minutes ago, HIT BY SPIKES said:

I have been receiving reports and photos from Hammer’s Lot since Noon.

The weather kinda sucks but the tailgate atmosphere is most excellent.

Hammer's Lot is always an amazing time...parked there for the Packers Sunday Night game last year and the atmosphere was incredible 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.