Flashback 1987: The Bills dominance of the Fish begins.

Beast

The Bills went into Miami in October 1987, the first game after the players lockout ended, fell behind big and rallied for an OT win.

That day began the dominance of Miami. Since that day the Bills own a 49 win 28 loss record against Miami.

Here are highlights of that game:

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

We were such a blockade for the Dolphins from that point on - especially during Marino's peak years.  I mean, they had arguably the most talented QB of all time - and they just couldn't get past us in the '90s.

If I was a Dolphins fan, I'd hate the Bills.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Did they not have the clock on the game the whole time in the late 80s? No score graphics at all? Was a tad before my time as my first memory of the Bills was SB25 unfortunately. And man that last pass Kelly made in OT was incredible. Thanks for posting this. Great stuff.

Edited by Bferra13

This was so cool to watch as it was not shown in the CT area back in the 80s.  The Dolphins owned the Bills up to that point.  They swept the Bills through the 70s, 20 +/- straight wins.  And the announcer said Dolphins won 11 of the last 12.  That's why squish the fish is such a big thing.  We hate them (in the sports sense) and they hate us.  With both teams being good, this should be one hell of a game.

2 hours ago, Beast said:

The Bills went into Miami in October 1987, the first game after the players lockout ended, fell behind big and rallied for an OT win.

That day began the dominance of Miami. Since that day the Bills own a 49 win 28 loss record against Miami.

Here are highlights of that game:

Thank you, Beast. Great to re-live that game. Exciting time realizing things were definitely changing for better then. We’d add Biscuit at Halloween then Thurman in the next Draft and we were rolling for decade!

I remember sitting at the kitchen table in my grandmother's house in Cheektowaga when I was 7 years old and watching this game on a tiny 13 inch television. Did the same so many times watching Hockey Night in Canada as a kid.

None of my family really watched the Dolphins game in 87 because they were so certain of the Bills losing to Miami just like they always had. Needless to say, they were stunned when Kelly pulled out the victory 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Anyone remember this game?  I don't recall what year it was, but we finally beat the Dolphins at home after many losses.  The crowd went wild. They ripped out one of the goal posts and passed it up through the stands and I think they threw it over the top of the stadium.

4 minutes ago, tomur67 said:

Anyone remember this game?  I don't recall what year it was, but we finally beat the Dolphins at home after many losses.  The crowd went wild. They ripped out one of the goal posts and passed it up through the stands and I think they threw it over the top of the stadium.

I was there. And….I still keep the ticket stub in my wallet to this very day. 👍

6 hours ago, tomur67 said:

Home opener 1980, I was there.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.