Gotta appreciate being part of the weekend's marquee game

Success

We fuss and fight a lot about this team, and the perceived "disappointments" so far in the JA era.  There is generally more criticism than praise - which is hardly unusual. I think even Pats fans at the peak of that dynasty found things to complain about every week.

But I still remember, as I'm sure many do.  Playing at 1:00 every single Sunday, except when we had the Thursday night slot or were on the west coast.  Being the team that most opposing fans had as a "W" on their schedule.  Hearing about how well we punted, or how hard it is to win in the NFL.  Knowing that we needed everything to go our way against the better teams to even have a chance.

Sure, it's one of our few 1:00 games this season - but it's the one everyone is interested in. It's the one where the winner will be the instant SB favorite, at least for a week.  It's the big game.

Love it.  Gotta appreciate every moment like this.  2 decades is a long time to wait, and who knows what comes after this glorious time in Bills fandom.  

• Like (+1) 14
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

In my area, we are subjected to the NFL version of waterboarding by having to watch the Pittsburgh Steelers and/or NY Jets every week--some weekends, both. Unforgiving torture.

But that is what the Dark Web was invented for 🙂

Edited by CSBill
  • Haha (+1) 1

13 hours ago, CSBill said:

In my area, we are subjected to the NFL version of waterboarding by having to watch the Pittsburgh Steelers and/or NY Jets every week--some weekends, both. Unforgiving torture.

But that is what the Dark Web was invented for 🙂

Southern Indiana, across the Ohio from Louisville, finds itself captive to the Browns and the Bengals. No Bills here. I'll have to enter a blackout from football until I can watch the replay on NFL+ after 4:00 pm. It will be pool time early tomorrow (will be in the 80's and sunny here).k

Edited by Spiderweb

10 hours ago, Spiderweb said:

Southern Indiana, across the Ohio from Louisville, finds itself captive to the Browns and the Bengals. No Bills here. I'll have to enter a blackout from football until I can watch the replay on NFL+ after 4:00 pm. It will be pool time early tomorrow (will be in the 80's and sunny here).k

Enjoy the pool, and the game.

On 9/30/2023 at 1:03 PM, Special K said:

Living in Florida, I am looking forward to the Bills winning tomorrow, so I can wear my Bills gear all week long just to stick it to all the Fins fans around here!!

Go Bills!!

Looks like I am going to have a really enjoyable week!!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.