Sen. Bob Menendez of New Jersey, wife charged with bribery

ChiGoose

6 hours ago, B-Man said:

Jesus. Some people will fall for anything, huh?

This guy has a long history of corruption and they caught him with literal gold bars and googling about his newly acquired gold bars. But no, it has to be some deep state conspiracy because it’s always, always, always feelings over facts for the right. 

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I support the prosecution of this guy if there is legitimate evidence of his corruption. Sounds like there is and his history doesn’t give him the benefit of doubt. All too often, the wealthy and politically powerful escape prosecution. Maybe the tide is finally turning. 

• Like (+1) 1

Indicted Senator Bob Menendez to Announce Reelection Bid Monday

by Matt Margolis

Sen. Bob Menendez (D-N.J.), who was indicted days ago on federal bribery charges, is expected to announce on Monday that he intends to seek reelection, according to a report from the New Jersey Globe. Menendez has been defiant in the wake of the indictment, claiming that he’s being targeted for being Latino. “It is not lost on me how quickly some are rushing to judge a Latino and push him out of his seat,” he said in a statement. “I am not going anywhere.” The embattled senator’s forthcoming announcement comes as several high-profile Democrats have called on him to resign from the U.S. Senate.

https://newjerseyglobe.com/congress/menendez-will-hold-press-conference-on-monday/

(maybe he'll surprise us and resign instead)  LOL

113tGnl.jpg

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

13 hours ago, B-Man said:

Indicted Senator Bob Menendez to Announce Reelection Bid Monday

by Matt Margolis

Sen. Bob Menendez (D-N.J.), who was indicted days ago on federal bribery charges, is expected to announce on Monday that he intends to seek reelection, according to a report from the New Jersey Globe. Menendez has been defiant in the wake of the indictment, claiming that he’s being targeted for being Latino. “It is not lost on me how quickly some are rushing to judge a Latino and push him out of his seat,” he said in a statement. “I am not going anywhere.” The embattled senator’s forthcoming announcement comes as several high-profile Democrats have called on him to resign from the U.S. Senate.

https://newjerseyglobe.com/congress/menendez-will-hold-press-conference-on-monday/

(maybe he'll surprise us and resign instead)  LOL

113tGnl.jpg

What’s not being mentioned here there are three Democrats and now Pelosi who are calling for him to step down

I know you’re not gonna mention that, so I just thought I’d throw that out there

That’s what Democrats do they police their own. Meanwhile, the Republicans will look past everything so that they can try to hold onto power and they have shown that this year.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On 9/23/2023 at 9:57 AM, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

“Isn’t evidence of wrongdoing really just evidence…of doing?”

Matthew McConaughey, Philosopher, Actor, Driver of Buicks 

get some bad moonshine Saturday?  I thought he sold Lincolns. 

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever

Now he claims he has been storing money in his suits :for emergencies".

Is that "walking around money"?

You know who else stored money in the walls of his business?  Stefano Magadino, the mob boss of Niagara Falls. The FBI found it in the walls of his funeral home.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Wacka said:

Now he claims he has been storing money in his suits :for emergencies".

Is that "walking around money"?

You know who else stored money in the walls of his business?  Stefano Magadino, the mob boss of Niagara Falls. The FBI found it in the walls of his funeral home.

I think there is a misconception hear that really needs to be cleared up

We’re not defending this guy

If someone has committed a crime, they should go to jail doesn’t matter what side of the aisle they’re on

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1

11 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

What’s not being mentioned here there are three Democrats and now Pelosi who are calling for him to step down

I know you’re not gonna mention that, so I just thought I’d throw that out there

That’s what Democrats do they police their own. Meanwhile, the Republicans will look past everything so that they can try to hold onto power and they have shown that this year.

What you are not going to mention is that the actual Democrats who's voices count are NOT calling for a resignation.

So I will just throw that out there.

And you can keep your "democrats police their own" fantasy to yourself.

As Menendez Faces Calls to Resign, Some Notable Democrats Don’t Join In

FTA:

But as the calls for Menendez to leave the Senate seat he’s held for 17 years grow louder, those who have yet to do so are becoming more notable.

They include his fellow New Jersey Democrat, Senator Cory Booker, as well as Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer and Senate Majority Whip Dick Durbin.

“Bob Menendez has been a dedicated public servant and is always fighting hard for the people of New Jersey,” Schumer wrote in a statement Friday. “He has a right to due process and a fair trial.” Schumer added that Menendez had “rightly” opted to step down from his powerful position as chairman of the Senate Foreign Affairs Committee.

https://time.com/6317285/senator-menendez-new-jersey-resign-cory-booker/

and I missed where you posted the White House condemnation, post it again.

Oh.

Edited by B-Man
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Now let's all hold our breath and wait for GOPers to call out Menendez's corruption.

Do you believe the dems would be as eager in calling for his resignation if the governor of NJ was a republican? We both know the answer to that so let’s not get too excited over the current display of doing the right thing. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

Do you believe the dems would be as eager in calling for his resignation if the governor of NJ was a republican? We both know the answer to that so let’s not get too excited over the current display of doing the right thing. 

No, they probably wouldn't be. The bar for members of Congress doing *anything* good is pretty low.

So while it's not some amazing statement that some of them are doing this, it's still better than them not calling for him to resign.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, ChiGoose said:

Yeah, you're right. Expecting the GOP to be against corruption is pretty laughable.

For the third year in a row, Chicago is America's most corrupt city, and Illinois is the third-most corrupt state, according to an annual report from the University of Illinois at Chicago

https://news.wttw.com/2022/05/11/three-peat-chicago-ranks-no-1-corruption-report-finds

https://fortune.com/2019/02/12/most-corrupt-city-in-america/

Ironic as Chi town is considered one of or the most corrupt cities in the country.

And a dem stronghold, nationally.

just saying.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

For the third year in a row, Chicago is America's most corrupt city, and Illinois is the third-most corrupt state, according to an annual report from the University of Illinois at Chicago

https://news.wttw.com/2022/05/11/three-peat-chicago-ranks-no-1-corruption-report-finds

https://fortune.com/2019/02/12/most-corrupt-city-in-america/

Ironic as Chi town is considered one of or the most corrupt cities in the country.

And a dem stronghold, nationally.

just saying.

Nice off-topic whataboutism.

About as valuable a contribution as anyone could expect from you, I suppose.

Edited by ChiGoose
  • Eyeroll 1

10 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Nice off-topic whataboutism.

About as valuable a contribution as anyone could expect from you, I suppose.

like asking for GOP to call him out?

Would also mention that most of the most corrupt cities in the USA are DEM strongholds.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/niallmccarthy/2019/02/15/where-corruption-is-rampant-in-american-cities-infographic/?sh=6dadb96d118b

Similar to violent crime, gun violence, and homelessness.

Edited by Chris farley
  • Eyeroll 1

12 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

like asking for GOP to call him out?

Would also mention that most of the most corrupt cities in the USA are DEM strongholds.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/niallmccarthy/2019/02/15/where-corruption-is-rampant-in-american-cities-infographic/?sh=6dadb96d118b

Similar to violent crime, gun violence, and homelessness.

Why don't you take this to one of the other circle jerk threads about cities instead of continuing to try to derail this one?

Ask yourself, why ?

FTA:

This egregious rush to judgment is enough to make us miss the days when Democrats reflexively distrusted law enforcement. Schumer and other senators should treat Menendez with the same presumption of innocence that they themselves would wish to be afforded if their own house was raided and revealed to hold several kilos gold bullion of undetermined origin.

In a sign of just how warped the Democratic Party's outlook on justice has become, the congresswoman and aggrieved celebrity Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D., N.Y.) preemptively exonerated the feds on charges of racial discrimination against a fellow Hispanic lawmaker, calling the bribery allegations against Menendez "quite clear." We'd need to see some evidence before concluding Joe Biden's Department of Justice is incapable of racial bias.

As much as Democrats would love to preside over a justice system based solely on the pronouncements of cable news talking heads, that's just not how things work in America. We are fortunate to live in a country where defendants are presumed innocent until proven otherwise in a free, fair, and speedy trial. No one knows that better than Menendez, who urged his colleagues "to pause and allow for all the facts to be presented" while rebuffing their calls for his resignation. Menendez may even want to consider waiving his right to a speedy trial and letting this process drag out all the way through November 2024.

The federal government's first attempt to convict him on corruption charges ended in failure in November 2017. Several weeks later, Franken resigned from the U.S. Senate after several women accused him of sexual misconduct and his Democratic colleagues demanded a sacrifice to appease the nasty women screeching in the streets. Franken now says he "absolutely" regrets his decision, as he should, and even the New Yorker's Jane Mayer went seeking answers from his uncollegial Democratic counterparts.

"I couldn’t believe it," Franken told Mayer of Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer. "I asked him for due process and he said no." Will this man walk into the same trap?

https://freebeacon.com/columns/stand-strong-bob-menendez/

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, B-Man said:

What you are not going to mention is that the actual Democrats who's voices count are NOT calling for a resignation.

So I will just throw that out there.

And you can keep your "democrats police their own" fantasy to yourself.

As Menendez Faces Calls to Resign, Some Notable Democrats Don’t Join In

FTA:

But as the calls for Menendez to leave the Senate seat he’s held for 17 years grow louder, those who have yet to do so are becoming more notable.

They include his fellow New Jersey Democrat, Senator Cory Booker, as well as Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer and Senate Majority Whip Dick Durbin.

“Bob Menendez has been a dedicated public servant and is always fighting hard for the people of New Jersey,” Schumer wrote in a statement Friday. “He has a right to due process and a fair trial.” Schumer added that Menendez had “rightly” opted to step down from his powerful position as chairman of the Senate Foreign Affairs Committee.

https://time.com/6317285/senator-menendez-new-jersey-resign-cory-booker/

and I missed where you posted the White House condemnation, post it again.

Oh.

Was there a condemnation of the Republicans that are ***** up this year? From the White House

did Donald Trump ever call from one of his idiot ***** ups to resign?

Bottom line Democrats called for him to resign

Bottom line Republicans did not call for their ***** ups to resign

Edited by John from Riverside
  • Eyeroll 1

3 hours ago, B-Man said:

Just NOT the Democrats in charge of the party. 

but keep spinning your narrative 

It’s so you. 

You’re so funny

Donald Trump was literally getting his buddies out of jail that were indicted and imprisoned

Donald Trump is the republican party right here right now

It’s not even Biden saying that he should stay. He’s just not saying anything. Meanwhile, Trump is full blown authoritarian in this area.

• Eyeroll 1

Sen. Bob Menendez's congressman son announces House re-election bid days after father's corruption indictment

by Danielle Wallce

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/sen-bob-menendezs-congressman-son-announces-house-re-election-bid-fathers-corruption-indictment

Bob Menendez’s Daughter Took The Weekend Off From Hosting Her MSNBC Show

by Nicole Silverio

https://dailycaller.com/2023/09/25/alicia-bob-menendez-msnbc-julian-castro/

Bob Menendez Hires Hunter Biden’s Lawyer for Bribery Case

by Wendell Husebø

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/09/25/bob-menendez-hires-hunter-bidens-lawyer-bribery-case/

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 9/26/2023 at 2:30 AM, John from Riverside said:

If someone has committed a crime, they should go to jail doesn’t matter what side of the aisle they’re on

Yes you are. You’re making excuses for him just like you do for joke bribem. You need to stop it’s the”I’m really a independent “ crap and cal yourself what you are. A democrat who is ok with corruption in his party. You’re not fooling anyone.

• Thank you (+1) 2

On 9/26/2023 at 2:30 AM, John from Riverside said:

It depends on the crime, but I completely agree with this.  The law is to be applied equally and blindly.  Wherever the facts take us on Menendez (who probably is a scumbag, based on what little I know of him) is where we land.  If that’s the joint, I hope he has a nice stay and a pleasant cell mate. 

16 hours ago, Westside said:

Yes you are. You’re making excuses for him just like you do for joke bribem. You need to stop it’s the”I’m really a independent “ crap and cal yourself what you are. A democrat who is ok with corruption in his party. You’re not fooling anyone.

And the dems will vote in his son like a superstar now.

Just like many of the uninformed posters here.

When it comes to Joe Walsh, he seems to know many things.

Unfortunately, most of them are not grounded in reality or common sense.

Hey Joe, it cracks us up that you've forgotten about this little thing called due process.

It all comes back to politics anymore, and let's be honest if all of the corruption was removed from politics, who would be left?

https://twitchy.com/rickrobinson/2023/09/30/joe-walsh-doesnt-seem-to-grasp-innocent-until-proven-guilty-with-menendez-n2387797

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

Just like many of the uninformed posters here.

When it comes to Joe Walsh, he seems to know many things.

Unfortunately, most of them are not grounded in reality or common sense.

Hey Joe, it cracks us up that you've forgotten about this little thing called due process.

It all comes back to politics anymore, and let's be honest if all of the corruption was removed from politics, who would be left?

https://twitchy.com/rickrobinson/2023/09/30/joe-walsh-doesnt-seem-to-grasp-innocent-until-proven-guilty-with-menendez-n2387797

Come on man, you're smarter than this.

If you owned a business and one of your employees was indicted for embezzling from you, would you do nothing? Would you say "well, I'll keep allowing them access to the company accounts until they are found guilty"? Or would you restrict their access or suspend them or even fire them?

On 9/27/2023 at 12:14 PM, Westside said:

Yes you are. You’re making excuses for him just like you do for joke bribem. You need to stop it’s the”I’m really an independent “ crap and cal yourself what you are. A democrat who is ok with corruption in his party. You’re not fooling anyone.

in what way am I defending this guy? I am plainly stating here that he should be prosecuted for every crime if he gets convicted.

That’s the Republican side I don’t do that *****

I

On 9/28/2023 at 4:56 AM, Tommy Callahan said:

And the dems will vote in his son like a superstar now.

You don’t know that the indictment of his father might actually hurt him in democratic circles

• Eyeroll 1

Robert Menendez Broke the Goldilocks Rule of Corruption.

The question is whether this level of corruption is now enough for Democrats. California Gov. Gavin Newsom (D) recently suggested a type of Goldilocks rule for corruption. He warned that people in Washington had better be careful if they want to crack down on the Biden family’s influence-peddling.

“If that’s the new criteria, there are a lot of folks in a lot of industries — not just in politics — where people have family members and relationships and they’re trying to parlay and get a little influence and benefit in that respect. That’s hardly unique.”

It would appear that the question is not corruption, but when a little corruption is “just right.”

Plus: “So get ready for politicians to suddenly declare themselves ‘shocked, shocked’ by the allegations against Menendez. These are the same people who made Menendez the head of the Foreign Relations Committee, twice. They gave him the power of leverage with countries where bribery is an accepted practice. It was like making a known arsonist the CEO of the International Paper Corporation. In the end, the problem is not Menendez. It is the array of other politicians who enabled him while dismissing his reputation for corruption. To use Newsom’s words, Menendez is ‘hardly unique’ for cashing in on his position. That is precisely the problem.”

https://jonathanturley.org/2023/09/25/robert-menendez-broke-the-goldilocks-rule-of-corruption/