TV Broadcast Maps and Schedule - NFL Week 3 2023 (September 24)

chongli

https://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2023&wk=3

https://archive.506sports.com/wiki/2023_NFL_Season

[UK listings near the bottom]

"September 24, 2023

All listings are unofficial and subject to change. Check back often for updates."

[Note: This week there are two MNF games, scheduled to start at 7:15 PM ET (ABC) and 8:15 PM ET (ESPN/ESPN2).]

[Note 2: Doubleheader this week is FOX.]

[Note 3: There is no MNF ManningCast this week.]

[Note 4: Remember: the TNF game is free and legal to all on Twitch--no Amazon Prime account needed.]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NFL Week 3 2023 - September 24, 2023

NATIONAL BROADCASTS:

TNF - Amazon Prime Video/Twitch

Thursday, September 21 - 8:15 PM ET:

New York Giants at San Francisco

Al Michaels, Kirk Herbstreit, Kaylee Hartung

[simulcasts: WNYW (FOX/5) New York and KTVU (FOX/2) San Francisco]

SNF - NBC

Sunday, September 24 - 8:20 PM ET:

Pittsburgh at Las Vegas

Mike Tirico, Chris Collinsworth, Melissa Stark

MNF Game 1 - ABC

Monday, September 25 - 7:15 PM ET:

Philadelphia at Tampa Bay

Joe Buck, Troy Aikman, Lisa Salters

MNF Game 2 - ESPN/ESPN2

Monday, September 25 - 8:15 PM ET:

Los Angeles Rams at Cincinnati

Chris Fowler, Dan Orlovsky, Louis Riddick, Laura Rutledge

[simulcasts:  KCOP 13 Los Angeles and WLWT (NBC/5) Cincinnati]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CBS Single

Sunday, September 24 - 1 PM and 4:05 PM:

03-CBS.png

█ Red (including Hawaii):

New England at New York Jets

(1) Jim Nantz, Tony Romo, Tracy Wolfson

█ Green:

Denver at Miami

(3) Kevin Harlan, Trent Green, Melanie Collins

█ Yellow (Yellow):

Buffalo at Washington

(4) Andrew Catalon, Tiki Barber, Matt Ryan, AJ Ross

█ Orange:

Tennessee at Cleveland

(5) Spero Dedes, Adam Archuleta, Aditi Kinkhabwala

█ Aqua (Aqua):

Indianapolis at Baltimore

(6) Beth Mowins (subbing for Tom McCarthy), James Lofton, Jay Feely, Amanda Renner

[McCarthy will be calling the home finale for the Philadelphia Phillies instead.]

█ Blue (including Alaska (LATE):

Carolina at Seattle 

(2) Ian Eagle, Charles Davis, Evan Washburn

FOX Early

Sunday, September 24 - 1 PM ET:

03-FOX-E.png

█ Red (including Hawaii):

Atlanta at Detroit

(3) Adam Amin, Mark Schlereth, Kristina Pink

█ Blue (including Alaska and Hawaii):

New Orleans at Green Bay

Kenny Albert, Jonathan Vilma, Shannon Spake

█ Green:

Los Angeles Chargers at Minnesota

Kevin Kugler, Mark Sanchez, Laura Okmin

█ Yellow (Yellow):

Houston at Jacksonville

(6) Chris Myers, Robert Smith, Jen Hale

FOX Late

Sunday, September 24 - 4:25 PM ET:

03-FOX-L-V2.png

█ Red (including Alaska and Hawaii):

Chicago at Kansas City

(1) Kevin Burkhardt, Greg Olsen, Erin Andrews, Tom Rinaldi

█ Blue:

Dallas at Arizona

(2) Joe Davis, Daryl Johnston, Pam Oliver

UK:

https://www.skysports.com/nfl/news/12118/12950824/nfl-2023-season-live-on-sky-sports-kansas-city-chiefs-miami-dolphins-new-york-jets-and-san-francisco-49ers-in-action-across-opening-three-weeks

https://www.skysports.com/watch/nfl-on-sky

TNF

Friday, September 22 - 1:20 AM BST:

New York Giants at San Francisco

Sky Sports NFL and Sky Sports Main Event

Sunday Early Game

Sunday, September 24- 6 PM BST (!!)

[Main Event only joined in progress one hour after the usual 6 PM start time due to a Premier League fixture showing (Sheffield Utd. v. Newcastle] (thanks to @BritBill for the correction!)

Los Angeles Chargers at Minnesota

Sunday Late Game

Sunday, September 24 - 9:25 PM BST:

Chicago at Kansas City

SNF

Monday, September 25 - 1:20 AM BST:

Pittsburgh at Las Vegas

MNF - Game 1

Tuesday, September 26 - 12:15 AM BST:

Philadelphia at Tampa Bay

Sky Sports NFL and Sky Sports Main Event,

MNF - Game 2

Tuesday, September 26 - 1:15 AM BST:

Los Angeles Rams at Cincinnati

Sky Sports Arena, Sky Sports Mix, and Channel 5

listings-uk-ire.jpg

skysports-listings.jpg

[Note: Below is the original Sky Sports tweet showing the New England-New York Jets game for the Sunday early game. Since Aaron Rodgers got injured, they replaced the game with using a Twitter vote. Note: they also got the home and away teams wrong for the second consecutive week for the Jets game.]

NFL Game Pass on DAZN:

TBD

Bye Week:

none

Edited by chongli
  • Thank you (+1) 6

The CBS map isn't loading for some reason, but CBS has the single game and Carolina is the late game and I live in Raleigh, so that's my answer there on if the bills will have a chance to be on regular TV!

My wife went out of town for work for the week and she left me here with two little kids that need to be driven all over the place for school and appointments... if the weather is nice I think it's only fair for her to drop me and my six year old off somewhere that has tvs on a patio and then she can deal with the kids and my tipsy self... even though she kinda already has to do that all the time when she's home! 

Maybe what I should do is tell her how her being gone makes me realize how much she does and how much I appreciate her and that I was planning on going out to watch the game, but instead I'll figure out how to watch it at home and she should go and take the afternoon to focus on herself.....hahahahahahaha can you imagine! I'm looking up outdoor patio sports bars right now, and oh man I cracked myself up!

• Haha (+1) 2

Re the Sunday “early game”  on Sky in the UK. It’ll be shown from the start on Sky Sports NFL but from 7pm on Sky Sports Main Event. 

Main Event is a pointless channel as all it shows is one live event which is being shown on one of the other Sky Sports channels. You get Main Event “free” if you subscribe to all the other Sky Sports channels. 

So, it’s showing the soccer first and switches to the NFL game once the soccer has finished. 

With Sky Sports NFL currently being a dedicated NFL channel all the chosen live games are shown in their entirety on there. 

Just in case anyone was wondering why Sky would show a live game but miss the first hour. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, BritBill said:

Re the Sunday “early game”  on Sky in the UK. It’ll be shown from the start on Sky Sports NFL but from 7pm on Sky Sports Main Event. 

Main Event is a pointless channel as all it shows is one live event which is being shown on one of the other Sky Sports channels. You get Main Event “free” if you subscribe to all the other Sky Sports channels. 

So, it’s showing the soccer first and switches to the NFL game once the soccer has finished. 

With Sky Sports NFL currently being a dedicated NFL channel all the chosen live games are shown in their entirety on there. 

Just in case anyone was wondering why Sky would show a live game but miss the first hour. 

Awesome! You are correct on Sky Sorts. Either I misread their schedule or they updated it, probably the former, lol). I will update my post.

IMG_4091.jpeg

• Awesome! (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, T&C said:

Colts @ Colts gets Mowins lol...

Yep, you noticed it too: old Baltimore vs. new Baltimore!

6 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Man they must have been set on Nantz/Romo for the Jets vs Pats way back when they thought Rodgers was going to be playing.

I'm curious about the Under for that one

Broadcast assignments are mostly based on distribution. The NYC market is huge, plus New England had a good following.

The overall match ups this week have to be some of the worst in recent memory. 

Outside of rooting for your home team the most compelling match ups are: 

New England/ NYJ - Two good defenses and nobody to play QB. 

Indianapolis/Baltimore - You get both the Richardson(Q) and Lamar. Without AR this game is stupid. 

LAC/Minnesota - I have no idea who either of these teams are. Are they great? Are they bad? Total wild card between two similar maybe wildcard teams come January.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, FrenchConnection said:

The entire schedule this week is garbage. There will be an upset somewhere, but on paper there are no compelling matchups.

Chargers/Vikings should be entertaining. Should be a ton of offense, tons of big plays. And then the teams will tie 45-45 after missing 2 FGs in OT each.

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Chargers/Vikings should be entertaining. Should be a ton of offense, tons of big plays. And then the teams will tie 45-45 after missing 2 FGs in OT each.

I think Chargers/Vikings is compelling because we think both teams might be good, but we think they might also be kinda bad. It is an exciting game because we aren't sure. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, chongli said:

Is it called a "fixture" in British English?

I'm not British, but I believe that league games are called fixtures because they are on a fixed schedule. This is opposed to cup ties or other tournament games which are played in a tournament format so you don't know who you're playing before the season starts.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

I'm not British, but I believe that league games are called fixtures because they are on a fixed schedule. This is opposed to cup ties or other tournament games which are played in a tournament format so you don't know who you're playing before the season starts.

Awesome... makes sense to me! [And if you're in France (? or maybe your user name refers to the Sabres), you would know more than most Americans].

1 hour ago, chongli said:

Is it called a "fixture" in British English?

Fixtures tend to be a collective of games. A bit like you guys would call a “schedule”. Can be used for a single game though. The English language for you! 

Fixtures as in they’ve been set. 

A “match” might be more a appropriate word.

Edited by BritBill
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, BritBill said:

Fixtures tend to be a collective of games. A bit like you guys would call a “schedule”. Can be used for a single game though. The English language for you! 

Fixtures as in they’ve been set. 

A “match” might be more a appropriate word.

British English words and usage are cool and I am always learning. Terms like "brillo", "ladder", "pond", and "f*g" (bad word in American English) I learned in college, but things like the aforementioned "fixture", "TV listings", and "BST" I just learned.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, chongli said:

British English words and usage are cool and I am always learning. Terms like "brillo", "ladder", "pond", and "f*g" (bad word in American English) I learned in college, but things like the aforementioned "fixture", "TV listings", and "BST" I just learned.

Brillo?! That’s a new one on me! 🤣

I’d probably use “tele” instead of “TV”. Of course, there’s a lot of regional language differences within the UK as well. Even with it being so small. 

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.