Josh Allen made some history with his 3 TDs

78thealltimegreat

Sorry having trouble posting the link from X  but 27-year old Josh Allen has 5 career games with 3 Pass TDs while completing at least 80% of his passes. That's the most before turning 30 in NFL history. 

I just don’t know what to say other than maybe it’s just the Jets that seem to have this O’s number as this same Raiders defense held the Broncos to 16 points in their home opener. 

• Like (+1) 5

9 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Sorry having trouble posting the link from X  but 27-year old Josh Allen has 5 career games with 3 Pass TDs while completing at least 80% of his passes. That's the most before turning 30 in NFL history. 

I just don’t know what to say other than maybe it’s just the Jets that seem to have this O’s number as this same Raiders defense held the Broncos to 16 points in their home opener. 

Their defensive line tends to give us problems.  They blow up our running plays periodically which puts us off schedule.  They sit in 2 deep zone and force you to take underneath timing throws, and allen was struggling with the chaos in front of him all game long.  Couldn't get into a rhythm for the entire game.  

Basically they line up and you SHOULD run, but we are incapable of doing it because of their defensive line.  I'd like to see us try a bit more under center and play action in the 2nd meeting.  Fewer draw plays and misdirection - get them committing to run fits and create some space in that 8-15 yard range behind the linebackers. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

20 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

If Super Bowls were solely on the QB Dan Marino would have like 10 of them. 

Disagree.  Dan Marino was a good thrower (almost as good as Alex Van Pelt in college) but there were large parts of the game he was terrible at so not a complete QB.  If fakes were terrible (used to watch from a bar Grevey's and there were calls every time he tried) and this resulted in his running backs getting demolished. Dan Marino would be a great QB if offense line was perfect and he could just wait for opening without pressure.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

12 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

If Josh played with the exact mentality, and patience that he did yesterday,  we hang 30 on the Jets.

This is true but also with a subtle change in the offense there has to be time for him and the offense to adjust.

now should he make risky throws no but I imagine it is going to take half the season or so for him and the offense to get used to playing this way.  In the long run it will pay off.  

The jets have a defense perfectly built to stop buffalo, the bills do not like to run and the jets can get a pass rush with 4 guys and drop 6 or 7 and stay in two deep.   They just have Buffalo's number.

This happens to teams/players all the time.  Peyton Manning would make the same constant mistakes vs new england for years in the post season so did brett favre  with Dallas in the playoffs.  

anyway, The bills lining up in 12 personnel, putting josh under center and handing off to the two bigger backs was great yesterday and I hope they continue it.  Sooner or later teams will have to stop playing two deep because they will now have to play physical and stop the run going in.  When that happens Allen is going to kill teams down the field.

meanwhile this week the bills offense will be tested again much like week 1.  The Commanders can get home with 4 or 5 and drop 6 or 7 all day if buffalo wants to throw the ball 45 times.

Edited by MikePJ76

7 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Disagree.  Dan Marino was a good thrower (almost as good as Alex Van Pelt in college) but there were large parts of the game he was terrible at so not a complete QB.  If fakes were terrible (used to watch from a bar Grevey's and there were calls every time he tried) and this resulted in his running backs getting demolished. Dan Marino would be a great QB if offense line was perfect and he could just wait for opening without pressure.

Only one QB beat the 85 Bears in their own stadium no less so I’ve always thought what if the Patriots hadn’t knocked them off in the AFC title game. 

27 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Only one QB beat the 85 Bears in their own stadium no less so I’ve always thought what if the Patriots hadn’t knocked them off in the AFC title game. 

They would have been rolled by a Bears team looking for revenge.  Don't get it twisted.  That one game was about the '72 team and their champagne-popping bull####.  The SB would have been an entirely different animal.

Marino was one of the greatest passers who ever lived.  As a quarterback?  I'd take 20 other guys off the top of my head before I took him.  He had no interest in the running game and his coach bent over backwards to accommodate him.  They drafted pass protectors, not run blockers.  It was the most one-dimensional team ever and that's why they never went anywhere.

• Agree 2

9 minutes ago, BRH said:

They would have been rolled by a Bears team looking for revenge.  Don't get it twisted.  That one game was about the '72 team and their champagne-popping bull####.  The SB would have been an entirely different animal.

Marino was one of the greatest passers who ever lived.  As a quarterback?  I'd take 20 other guys off the top of my head before I took him.  He had no interest in the running game and his coach bent over backwards to accommodate him.  They drafted pass protectors, not run blockers.  It was the most one-dimensional team ever and that's why they never went anywhere.

Especially in that era before all the rules to prevent contact on WRs. You had to have balance back then. 

58 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

LOL at the small print.  

And Grevey's, now there's a blast from the past.  They've been closed for what, a decade, more?  

28 minutes ago, BRH said:

Marino was a great regular season QB who got that deer-lost-in-the-headlights look in the playoffs except for 1984… then finally wake up and put up numbers in garbage time.

1 hour ago, BRH said:

Oh I don’t know about that The Bears had no answers for Duper and Clayton it sure as heck would not have been 46-10 

1 hour ago, warrior9 said:

You're probably REALLLY fun at parties.... full of positivity and excitement :) 

Yeah my whole life revolves around Josh Allen records. I literally think the majority of Bills fans only care about records & regular season accomplishments. Nothing beyond that matters anymore.  Talk about tempering your expectations so you don't get heartbroken.  

• Eyeroll 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.