Stop blaming Josh Allen

Bills Bud

3 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

and what exactly do you disagree with @GunnerBill.  I absolutely hate when you take the time to leave an X on a post but can't take the time to give your point of view.

Morse got blown by. Thats a fact.

Shefield or whoever that receiver is ran a crap route. Thats a fact.

Josh shouldn't have thrown the ball there. Thats a fact.

My opinion is that any one of those 3 things changes and we get a different outcome.

The fact that people have gone overboard. When I watched the All22 on Wednesday I actually thought the numbers flattered his play. There were a lot more wrong decisions than the 3 interceptions.

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

The fact that people have gone overboard. When I watched the All22 on Wednesday I actually thought the numbers flattered his play.

Maybe I should clarify better... Not everyone is going overboard. Some of what is said is absolutely true. Given my post history and the fact that I think Josh cost us this game, I think that would be understood that I don't think ALL of the criticism is wrong.  I'm talking about people going over the edge thinking Josh is Carson Wentz type of stuff.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Scott7975 said:

I really can't stand Nick Write but I think his comments here and the discussion overall is pretty good.  

Maybe he made some good points.  But I don't care. He's a clown, and a joke, and a perfect example of EVERYTHING that is wrong w/ the sports media in 2023.

He is a disgrace.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Success said:

Maybe he made some good points.  But I don't care. He's a clown, and a joke, and a perfect example of EVERYTHING that is wrong w/ the sports media in 2023.

He is a disgrace.

I absolutely agree with that. He is a clown. Still, I liked the discussion.  You won't catch me saying that often. What I found interesting is the things said by the guy sitting next to him. Sorry, I am stupid and have no idea who that guy is but the things he said about coaching were interesting to me.

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/14/2023 at 8:19 PM, Bills Bud said:

Fans, players and his own coaches bashing him is not a good look. You are going to drive him out of town. He is the best QB we ever had imo, definitely since Jim Kelly. I blame the coaches, we need an offensive minded head coach. Imagine if Kyle Shannan had Josh Allen, we need a guy like that. That’s the only way we will finally get that Super Bowl, defense doesn’t win championships anymore. McDermott has to go!

Most of the fans on these boards would trade their first born,Diggs and Allen to back and support mcclappy 😂

• Eyeroll 1
  • Dislike 1

On 9/14/2023 at 8:29 PM, Bills Bud said:

How many times has Brett Farve done that? A ton, pal. If you try and tame a gunslinger they could regress even more. He is going to have games like that.

On 9/14/2023 at 8:19 PM, Bills Bud said:

Fans, players and his own coaches bashing him is not a good look. You are going to drive him out of town. He is the best QB we ever had imo, definitely since Jim Kelly. I blame the coaches, we need an offensive minded head coach. Imagine if Kyle Shannan had Josh Allen, we need a guy like that. That’s the only way we will finally get that Super Bowl, defense doesn’t win championships anymore. McDermott has to go!

Bills fans would have ran of Peyton Manning 😂

FB_IMG_1694650191639.jpg

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

The fact that people have gone overboard. When I watched the All22 on Wednesday I actually thought the numbers flattered his play. There were a lot more wrong decisions than the 3 interceptions.

So flattering he's nearing Wentz territory?  You took your draft contributions too far, IMO, and now think you're the authority on film study.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1

1 hour ago, Scott7975 said:

Morse got blown by. Thats a fact.

I haven't seen anybody mention it but it's worth noting, imo.

On the play prior to this, Morse hurt his hand; I believe he dislocated a finger and on the broadcast you could see him trying to manipulate it back in as they were huddling. If you've ever had to do this during a game, then you know that hand is sort of useless for the next play or two after it happens.

So Morse getting beat on that play was likely a result of him trying to take on a rusher with one hand.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Simon said:

I haven't seen anybody mention it but it's worth noting, imo.

On the play prior to this, Morse hurt his hand; I believe he dislocated a finger and on the broadcast you could see him trying to manipulate it back in as they were huddling. If you've ever had to do this during a game, then you know that hand is sort of useless for the next play or two after it happens.

So Morse getting beat on that play was likely a result of him trying to take on a rusher with one hand.

I did not know that. Thanks.  

On 9/14/2023 at 10:26 PM, CincyBillsFan said:

Okay so what should the Bills do about it?

Agreed.  But like you said the criticism is off the the charts and over the top. The last three seasons have earned Allen the benefit of doubt when he has a bad game like Monday night. That's all some of us are saying.

It was OPENING NIGHT…first game back after a horrible performance vs the Bengals. Josh himself seemed to make a big deal in the off season on how he was going to concentrate on football, concentrate on winning (ha ha..what a joke). Then he comes out making wrong decisions on where to go with the ball, looking like a sophomore college QB in his first game.

Something just ain’t right. At this stage in his career, no way on earth should he be throwing those picks…the fumble, that’s gonna happen sometimes, so that’s OK. His reads were poor, and as pointed out in another thread, he really wasn’t under a lot of pressure, yet he had happy / neurotic feet in the pocket.

20 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

How do you get All22? 

I signed up, but the DAZN said I was out of country (in the US) and couldn't use it, which is apparently required for A22.  

Thoughts?  

7 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I say, check back in when you play a real defense that pressures you and plays cover 2.  This defense was never going to give you problems 

Exactly. 

Last week was the toughest that we will probably face, largely because on top of them being good we haven't solved their D yet, and the Raiders are low end.  Overreactions on both ends.  

D has played very well today however.   

Having said that, Allen (IMO) will be fine.  

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I don't know how you get it in the US. DAZN loaded the week all22 on Wednesday morning.

Let me know if you know anyone in the US that gets it. 

I know nothing about DAZN.  I did visit some forums and LOTS of people there saying that there are unexplained issues with it.  

Edited by PBF81

1 minute ago, PBF81 said:

Let me know if you know anyone in the US that gets it. 

I know nothing about DAZN.  I did visit some forums and LOTS of people there saying that there are unexplained issues with it.  

Yea there are, it is not a great product.

You need one of the US based guys For how to access it over there. @Beck Water might be able to help.

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.