Terry Pegula is ALLEGED to have said something very foul in the Jim Trotter lawsuit against the NFL

Roundybout

1 hour ago, Back2Buff said:

Seems like a strange to say when the daughter was literally dating an African American player.

That last part is not protective against racism, unfortunately.

Friend's brother married African American woman, had biracial child.  She eventually divorced him because of all the racist stuff his relatives and friends would say in front of her and their child, that he neither put a stop to or stood up against.

Note, I'm not saying that Pegula said what's attributed to him - he denies it so in my book he gets the benefit of the doubt at this point.

I'm just saying that unfortunately, having a daughter once date a person of another race does not mean the father can not be racist in his views.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

39 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Respectfully, it should—otherwise we pillory others based on anything said by anyone regardless of source or any semblance of reliability? That’s something we should all push back against, regardless of your opinions. 

Nah, people are absolutely free to make their own private determination as to the reliability of sources and accusations in publicly-reported stories like this one. Due process is for government, period. I'm withholding judgment on this particular case as of now, but I'm by no means bound by a "presumption of facts in [anyone's] favor."

1 minute ago, Pecos Bills said:

Nah, people are absolutely free to make their own private determination as to the reliability of sources and accusations in publicly-reported stories like this one. Due process is for government, period. I'm withholding judgment on this particular case as of now, but I'm by no means bound by a "presumption of facts in [anyone's] favor."

But you realize it won’t be the government asked to decide on the accuracy of those statements, right? It will be a 6-12 person civil jury made up of people like you and me…I would hope they are in fact bound by those presumptions, otherwise they don’t even need to hear any evidence (which in turn must pass basic rules of reliability/admissibility) first? Of course you’re entitled to your opinions, but I’m just asking the board at large to consider that what happens in the court of public opinion often turns out to be premature and just flat wrong after legal process has wrapped. 

Just now, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

But you realize it won’t be the government asked to decide on the accuracy of those statements, right? It will be a 6-12 person civil jury made up of people like you and me…I would hope they are in fact bound by those presumptions, otherwise they don’t even need to hear any evidence (which in turn must pass basic rules of reliability/admissibility) first? Of course you’re entitled to your opinions, but I’m just asking the board at large to consider that what happens in the court of public opinion often turns out to be premature and just flat wrong after legal process has wrapped. 

That jury will be acting on behalf of the government, and they will be given detailed instructions on their responsibilities by a judge. Just clarifying that due process is for real courts, not the court of public opinion, and I also know Terry Pegula and the NFL are perfectly capable of sticking up for themselves.

1 hour ago, FrenchConnection said:

Exactly. This is a small portion of the lawsuit that Florio pulled out and xcreated because it's the most sensational part of the document. It also fits his narrative of a team in collapse.

Florio didn't break this story.  Every media outlet broke it and quoted the same sensation parts of the suit.  

No one "excreated" it

1 hour ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Suits = public record. He or his atty knew darn right that naming names of NFL owners would get picked up by the ESPNS of the world as well as message boards like this—no such thing as “buried” in a high profile suit. Otherwise why even insert incendiary nuggets like these??

If they are true, they bolster his case.  Why would he exclude them?

1 hour ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

He also referenced a quote; I can’t believe what you say because I see what you do, to the guy in charge in front of the organization. 

I mean I wouldn’t expect to keep my job if I called the ceo a liar in front of the whole organization no matter what the topic. 

but I encourage others to prove this is in fact an excellent career move 🙄 

Which quote did he reference in his press conference question to Goodell?

1 hour ago, Beck Water said:

If the unnamed reporter who stated on a Zoom call that Pegula made these comments were mistaken about who said it or the exact comments, would he admit it?

How would he realize he was mistaken so that he may admit it?  The story is he heard Pegula say it.  Pegula can only deny it.  

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Florio didn't break this story.  Every media outlet broke it and quoted the same sensation parts of the suit.  

No one "excreated" it

If they are true, they bolster his case.  Why would he exclude them?

I was simply responding to your post prior to mine, wherein you said,  “Trotter isn't really publicly declaring this.  It's buried in a suit…” To which I responded there is no such thing as burying something in a public filing where names this prominent are featured. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.