It ain't the coaches.

Pine Barrens Mafia

2 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Jets also have both the horses up front and the familiarity with Josh to make him pay.  That stunt disguised pressure was the cheese and Allen took the bait (as someone else said).

Longer topic but I wanted them to go after someone like Hopkins for this exact reason

jets/dolphins have been seeing largely the same offense for the last couple years now

You have got to be able to find new ways or it catches up w you quickly

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, GoBills808 said:

Longer topic but I wanted them to go after someone like Hopkins for this exact reason

jets/dolphins have been seeing largely the same offense for the last couple years now

You have got to be able to find new ways or it catches up w you quickly

dorsey

11 hours ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Joe DiBiase says so?

Well, then that settles it.

:rolleyes:

Tell me, was it Dorsey's fault that Josh turned down an easy 15 yard gain on the ground to throw instead a hail mary into triple coverage that ended up picked off?

This particular one... yes IMO that one is on coaches because they spent two years drilling into his head not to run the football.

So a lot of hubbub was made last season about Diggs on the sideline yelling at Allen "Don't listen to him then."

Was he talking about McD, Dorsey, or does Josh Allen have an alternate personality we don't know about telling him to do crazy things.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Haha (+1) 2

9 hours ago, UKBillFan said:

Josh may have not been great in the first half, but if he'd kept on that trajectory, instead of tail-spinned, the Bills would have won.

Some of that is our staff not adjusting anywhere near to where our opponents do.  Particularly the good coaches.  

It might also help to explain why Allen's numbers in the 1st halves of games are very good while in the 2nd halves of games they're incredibly average at best.  

Last season 24 of Allen's passing TDs were in the 1st halves of games.  He had 11 in the 2nd halfs of games. 

His INTs were about the same despite having about 25% fewer passing yards in the 2nd halves of games. 

His 1st half rating average was 103.1, his 2nd half rating average was 89.5.  

His numbers yesterday by half:  

1st Half:  17 of 21 (81.0%), 133 Passing Yards, 1 TD, 1 INT, 89.1 Rating 

2nd Half:  12 of 18 (66.67%), 103 Passing Yards, 0 TDs, 2 INTs, 41.9 Rating 

While many here are loathe to accept it, in-game adjustments, which is an incredibly significant attribute of the best coaches in the league, is not something that McD is great at if even good at.  IMO he's below average at it.  

But hey, "we have a winning culture."  I wonder if we'd still have a winning culture if we went 10-7 or so.  

BTW, despite all of that, with a single exception, the only reason why we've won any playoff games is because Allen gets into a zone.  McD would be 1-6 in the playoffs with this team if it weren't for Allen.  ... Actually, we'd be 0-6 since one of those games got us to the one we won with a mere 17-point offensive effort.  We never would have gotten past that game that got us to that one.  

Edited by PBF81
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 hours ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

I think after 13 seconds we should have kept Dabol and moved on from McDermott JUST because of Allen.  Hire Jim Schwartz and let him install a blitzing killer Defense and I think we would be better off.

I love Sean, but I can't thank him enough for what he has done, and he 100% was the right guy to right this Titanic franchise version. BUT, if you keep Allen as your QB you gotta have a very strong personality that keeps his butt on target. McDermott and Definitely Dorsey isn't that.

Love this. I agreed then. I agree now

41 minutes ago, Shortchaz said:

What if the employee makes more than the entire management staff combined and is expected to be an extension of management on the field 🤔

Conjecture !!

I strongly Object your honor ,

and ask for this query to be withdrawn from the records

1 hour ago, 3rdand12 said:

Then you hired the wrong employee

Again Management,

care to continue ?

Employees, just like athletes can regress.

If I’m a good employee for 5 years and just check out completely year 6 for whatever reason, that’s not on management.  That’s on me.

Professional sports and regular work are not the same and they play by different rules.

8 minutes ago, QCity said:

That was one of the worst coached games I've ever seen.  Absolutely no reason to be that hyper-aggressive against a backup QB that can barely throw the ball 20 yds.

We might need to get a decent backup qb so when necessary they can have Josh sit on the bench when he gets too antsy and starts chucking the ball everywhere hoping that it is caught by one of the Bills players.

14 hours ago, Dirtyd415 said:

Brittany broke him.  Some guys need a strong woman to check them, get them revved up, allow the alpha to let their guard down.  He lost all of that and she took his dog.  He has looked like horse dung since then.  He is a hyper-emotional man, and since he lost her steadying hand he has stunk.  Running around getting your D wet all off-season isn’t the same as a solid woman having your back.

I know it's early, but I'm pretty confident in this being the post of the year.

Not sure if this was a joke, but thanks for the laugh 🤣

• Thank you (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Employees, just like athletes can regress.

If I’m a good employee for 5 years and just check out completely year 6 for whatever reason, that’s not on management.  That’s on me.

Professional sports and regular work are not the same and they play by different rules.

Thats true

And it is hard to fire employees without legal justification.

But this is an outlier of an argument perhaps ? Fair opinion though for sure

Agreed also that Pro sports , NFL especially , are not quite the same.

But if the criteria is not met , management still owns it.

and Gunner I saw you disagreed.

I think Coaching can help and likely fix Josh, in theory.

Then , do the Bills have the right Coaches in place ? So far ,  I suggest no.

Maybe its the structure. Maybe its individual within the structure, I certainly have no idea,

But as  a shareholder , I am not happy

LOL 🙄

Edited by 3rdand12

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.