They’ll be fine going forward

appoo

2 hours ago, appoo said:

To wit:

Against what might be the best D in the league

- Spencer Brown may played his best game as a pro

- In general they contained Quinnen Williams and the best defensive front in football 

- most of the pressure Josh got, was either coverage or him scrambling into it 

- The Bills pass rush was phenomenal 

- In general the Bills secondary was about as good as you’d want 

- 47 is GOOD good

- Bills WRs had a decent game against a real good secondary 

- Cook had some successs against an elite front 

So Allen at time played worse than Zach Wilson out there. There is absolutely no way Allen is going to play that poorly again this season. Just not gonna happen

If Allen even has an average game with just 2 TOs, bills win this by 2 scores 

The game I was watching was on ESPN. Which one did you watch?

2 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

I stopped at Spencer Brown may have played his best game as a pro.  

Well, bad as he was, this may actually be true.

• Haha (+1) 1

We're far from the only good team that lost Week 1. And historically, Week 1 has been a bit of a Wild Card in the NFL. Some teams have it all together out of the gate, just to come back down to Earth midseason. Some good teams don't start cooking for a couple weeks.

It was a gross loss. No two ways about it. Josh looked TERRIBLE. But it's just Week 1. Let's wait until at least Week 3 before we self destruct.

5 hours ago, FireChans said:

They are legitimately not going to be fine with a QB getting worse every single week.  Especially when he's a highly paid QB.

We are looking at a Broncos-type season if Allen doesn't wake the ***** up.

I'm trying to remember the last game Allen looked good.  Not last night or the two playoff games.  Too lazy to look it up.

5 minutes ago, juno999 said:

I'm trying to remember the last game Allen looked good.  Not last night or the two playoff games.  Too lazy to look it up.

Clean games from Allen are hard to recall. Just a completed deep ball would be a welcomed surprise lately. He was good against Miami in the snow. Other than that, you’d have to go back to last October. 

5 hours ago, wvbillsfan said:

I agree. I’m not sure what everyone’s definition of “ok” is but we have a playoff team. One loss or a bad game doesn’t much matter. Everyone has them. 

I need to see more from the offense but there’s no need to panic now. 
Defensively we are really good and deep. 

We are a playoff team with a great defense. Offensively we’ve got to be better no surprise but jets always give us problems. 

Breece Hall enters the “Bills great defense” conversation…

5 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Gotta be honest… he looked pretty damn average the first two games of 2021 before having a monster game against Washington in Week 3 and turning ***** around.

But yea… no ducking clue what it is with him.

Allen's issues I believe are two fold.  He's over confident in his abilities which lead to bad decisions, and he feels pressure to make a play because the offense is stalling.  On the first interception, it looked like he easily could have run for a first down.

21 minutes ago, Airseven said:

Clean games from Allen are hard to recall. Just a completed deep ball would be a welcomed surprise lately. He was good against Miami in the snow. Other than that, you’d have to go back to last October. 

The Bills offense is struggling in general the past half season or so.  Nothing seems to come easy.  Looks like opposing teams have figured out Dorsey's scheme and keep Allen from scrambling as much.

I’m not sure what anyone saw that would make you think they’re going to be okay:

The Bills entire offense = Allen to Diggs, Allen run. This hasn’t changed.

Bills defense continues to be good, but will they make the plays when I matters most?

Special teams has been a wreck. 

They have a LOT to fix, and I question if they have the brain trust to do it 

(Ps this is my indictment more so of the coaches/front office than actual talent)

PSS yes I’m being dramatic

6 hours ago, appoo said:

He did though? He had the false start in OT, and I think gave up a pressure in the first half. Can’t recall much other than that - and against this is an ELITE DLine.

what were you expecting?

I expect someone who gets paid to play right tackle not to get a penalty on the 1st play of OT.

On 9/11/2023 at 8:42 PM, appoo said:

To wit:

Against what might be the best D in the league

- Spencer Brown may played his best game as a pro

- In general they contained Quinnen Williams and the best defensive front in football 

- most of the pressure Josh got, was either coverage or him scrambling into it 

- The Bills pass rush was phenomenal 

- In general the Bills secondary was about as good as you’d want 

- 47 is GOOD good

- Bills WRs had a decent game against a real good secondary 

- Cook had some successs against an elite front 

So Allen at time played worse than Zach Wilson out there. There is absolutely no way Allen is going to play that poorly again this season. Just not gonna happen

If Allen even has an average game with just 2 TOs, bills win this by 2 scores 

Bumping this.

the offense is going to be better than last seasons, there’s potential for the defense to be, and the Bills still run this division until they don’t 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.