Bills will win the next 7 games

Ethan in Cleveland

33 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Allen will bounce back. He's too good. No matter how bad McDermott and Dorsey are, the Bills will bounce back. Next 7 games are all winnable games even Miami at home. Bills pass rush is legit. Von will be back in a few more weeks.

Write it down 7-1 and on to the Bengals. 

Ethan I love your optimism but man watching this game left a lot about this teams season to be desired. 

39 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Allen will bounce back. He's too good. No matter how bad McDermott and Dorsey are, the Bills will bounce back. Next 7 games are all winnable games even Miami at home. Bills pass rush is legit. Von will be back in a few more weeks.

What was your BAC when you posted that.

🧐🤨

• Haha (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

What I saw tonight was a team that lacks a QB capable of taking what the defense gives him. Allen refuses to take the cheese often enough for us to win easily. Every game is an adventure for captain hero ball. We need less turnovers and more efficient boring Captain Checkdown. 

Yes. Agree completely.  He will play better 

44 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Ethan I love your optimism but man watching this game left a lot about this teams season to be desired. 

Milano and entire D line were great.

Diggs awesome

Allen and O will play better against lesser defenses

Bass is a weapon

8 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

If Allen doesn’t  snap out of his turnover filled  funk, the Bills may not win 7 games all year. 

he has shown zero signs of doing it. He looks like a ***** deer in headlights at all times. the swagger has dwindled to ineptness. he has regressed to his rookie season

8 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

I’m sorry; respectfully josh is not “too good. “  You are looking thru rose colored lenses and you are denying reality of the worsening trend that JOSH iS  regressing under Dorsey whose offense is unimaginative and lacks production from ant receiver not named DIGGS OR KINCAID.  DAVIS continues to disappear as a legit #2 , and again we saw routes that Diggs /Davis almost ran into each other raising scheme design and coaching issues.  What evidence is there that DORSEY can creatively get production from the other new WRS who were supposedly so good in camp?  This feels like the same issues that closed out last year with chaotic playoff performances.   Your franchise qb cant keep leading the league in turnovers and be so situationally unaware. Apparently he missed the well witnessed event of RODGERS Being replaced by WILSON, and continued decision making along the lines of hero ball and regressed to rookey like progression reading.  

This is an ongoing trend over two seasons now and what objective evidence supports josh suddenly halting his turnover spree?   How could you ever make the statement that “ NO MATTER HOW BAD MCDERMOTT & DORSEY ARE, THE BILLS WILL BOUNCE BACK” !  THAT is just homerism  and ignores the continued trend of this team giving up large chunk runs at least once a game, poor tackling, and losing via some spectacular defensive  breakdown with some walk off ending like in HOUSTON, kc, or  last night ,  as this new way of losing by giving up a walk off punt return in OT  has only happened 3 times in the leagues history. This is a pattern of dysfunction and they have  fallen into a trend of being outcoached  by teams with lessor talent and less tenured coaching staffs. 

If you want to see actual good quality play from  likely playoff bound teams , take a look at the 49ers crushing the Steelers, Miami’s juggernaut offensive production against the Chargers, or the COWBOYS defensive destruction of the GIANTS as legit examples of probable playoff quality play compared to the PROCESS we have witnessed, which has resulted in repeated playoff early exits, amd seems to now have carried over to the 2023 regular season. 

WRITE THIS DOWN; there is no way the BILLS rip off 7 straight wins  , especially if the ALLEN turnover machine continues  with this reckless play and this trend of long lulls in scoring after halftime.   The up and coming DOLPHINS will blow them out with their offensive explosive play.  We scored ONE TD in an OT game , and had RODGERS  played last night ,the JETS would have probably won by 30 or more.  

Meanwhile,   Tua threw for 466 yards with 3 TDS, and TYREK HILL destroyed the chargers with 215 0r so yards and a TD!  Poyer and WHITE cant keep up with waddle /hill and their tackling of RBS continues to end in bad angles and inability to finish a play. 

If we don’t find an answer at the MLB  position opposite MILANO  , AND stick with BROWNS RT PLAY, the tough schedule will result in us being around .500 as the FINS are coached to capturing the AFC EAST.     Von , like rodgers , is fighting Father Time  now and there is no certainty he will RETURN  to be highly effective.  The situation with ALLEN  didn’t get better with all the off season focus on ‘ understanding he cant have turnovers” , so to say he will “bounce back “ no matter how bad his coaches are , is grasping at prior years play.     Meanwhile , SHANAHAN has Mr irrelevant PURDY playing flawlessly enough to move on from their prior 1st round QB ,  while DORSEY is calling draw plays in overtime on 2nd and 15 against a dominant defense resulting in a three and out and punt return for a game wining , walk off td!  

I don’t mean to seem obstinate , i just have to see some shred of evidence that ALLEN  CAN  begin to bounce back.   However, so far in the preseason and first game , he and the team look to have the exact issues that culminated with CINCY last year, and while i agree the pass rush looks improved, there is no evidence YET that DORSEY can be a creative offensive coordinator. I would love to see them bounce back, but they gave up a ten point halftime lead to a guy in WILSON who may not win any subsequent games without the defense scoring.

It will be interesting to see how others breakdown josh’s performance.  Hey , i hope i can apologize and give you props if they somehow get to 7-1, but i cant get there off a 1 td, 4 TO debacle, that feels like a continuation of last years downward spiral.  Hopefully they at least stop the bleeding next week , but i think subsequently that TUA AND THE FINS may really expose  them. Glad you are holding on to your optimism in the face of this latest melt down; you are a more courageous fan than i am currently.  I need to see actual improvement before I believe in a string of wins. Best wishes. 

Love the sentiment, OP.  And I believe they CAN. Not sure if they will.

But I'd bet we win most of the games ahead. Everyone is terrified of MIami now - they had an amazing 1st game, and we had a terrible one.  I'd favor them in that game, but it's hot-take city to say we have no chance.  AT HOME.

13 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

You are going to get a lot of crap by the usual group that is negative 365 days a year and this is like Christmas to them as they much rather be right about pessimism than see the Bills succeed.

But, coming into this game, looking at the schedule, week 1 felt like a game we could lose and then potentially win the next 7 heading into a big test in week 8.  And I still think we could do that, and honestly somewhat expect that and I think we will find out week 2 how plausible it is.  Are we going to see a big rebound game from Josh, or will we win more like we won a lot of games last year...not clean, kind of a struggle.?  

If Josh has a big bounce back game, I think winning the next 7 is plausiuble.  If we win, but its a close game where everything on the offense just feels more difficult than it should, kind of like the back half of last year, then I think we got bigger problems and all of a sudden every game gets tougher than it should, again much like last year.

I am never one to over emphasize early season games, but right now week 2 feels awfully important.  They need to find their swagger again, and fast.  This team needs a refreshing dominant win, at least offensively before their confidence starts to fade, frustrations set in, and guys keep pressing too much like Allen was.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

There are a lot of problems on this team and now we are adding Allen to that list. 7 in a row, keep smoking there. Miami is going to rip through this defense and this Bills team as we know is not built for shootouts. The coaching has zero clue how to utilize what could be weapons on this team and Dorsey will probably be out of a job before your predicted 7-0 run.

18 hours ago, DrPJax said:

I’m sorry; respectfully josh is not “too good. “  You are looking thru rose colored lenses and you are denying reality of the worsening trend that JOSH iS  regressing under Dorsey whose offense is unimaginative and lacks production from ant receiver not named DIGGS OR KINCAID.  DAVIS continues to disappear as a legit #2 , and again we saw routes that Diggs /Davis almost ran into each other raising scheme design and coaching issues.  What evidence is there that DORSEY can creatively get production from the other new WRS who were supposedly so good in camp?  This feels like the same issues that closed out last year with chaotic playoff performances.   Your franchise qb cant keep leading the league in turnovers and be so situationally unaware. Apparently he missed the well witnessed event of RODGERS Being replaced by WILSON, and continued decision making along the lines of hero ball and regressed to rookey like progression reading.  

This is an ongoing trend over two seasons now and what objective evidence supports josh suddenly halting his turnover spree?   How could you ever make the statement that “ NO MATTER HOW BAD MCDERMOTT & DORSEY ARE, THE BILLS WILL BOUNCE BACK” !  THAT is just homerism  and ignores the continued trend of this team giving up large chunk runs at least once a game, poor tackling, and losing via some spectacular defensive  breakdown with some walk off ending like in HOUSTON, kc, or  last night ,  as this new way of losing by giving up a walk off punt return in OT  has only happened 3 times in the leagues history. This is a pattern of dysfunction and they have  fallen into a trend of being outcoached  by teams with lessor talent and less tenured coaching staffs. 

If you want to see actual good quality play from  likely playoff bound teams , take a look at the 49ers crushing the Steelers, Miami’s juggernaut offensive production against the Chargers, or the COWBOYS defensive destruction of the GIANTS as legit examples of probable playoff quality play compared to the PROCESS we have witnessed, which has resulted in repeated playoff early exits, amd seems to now have carried over to the 2023 regular season. 

WRITE THIS DOWN; there is no way the BILLS rip off 7 straight wins  , especially if the ALLEN turnover machine continues  with this reckless play and this trend of long lulls in scoring after halftime.   The up and coming DOLPHINS will blow them out with their offensive explosive play.  We scored ONE TD in an OT game , and had RODGERS  played last night ,the JETS would have probably won by 30 or more.  

Meanwhile,   Tua threw for 466 yards with 3 TDS, and TYREK HILL destroyed the chargers with 215 0r so yards and a TD!  Poyer and WHITE cant keep up with waddle /hill and their tackling of RBS continues to end in bad angles and inability to finish a play. 

If we don’t find an answer at the MLB  position opposite MILANO  , AND stick with BROWNS RT PLAY, the tough schedule will result in us being around .500 as the FINS are coached to capturing the AFC EAST.     Von , like rodgers , is fighting Father Time  now and there is no certainty he will RETURN  to be highly effective.  The situation with ALLEN  didn’t get better with all the off season focus on ‘ understanding he cant have turnovers” , so to say he will “bounce back “ no matter how bad his coaches are , is grasping at prior years play.     Meanwhile , SHANAHAN has Mr irrelevant PURDY playing flawlessly enough to move on from their prior 1st round QB ,  while DORSEY is calling draw plays in overtime on 2nd and 15 against a dominant defense resulting in a three and out and punt return for a game wining , walk off td!  

I don’t mean to seem obstinate , i just have to see some shred of evidence that ALLEN  CAN  begin to bounce back.   However, so far in the preseason and first game , he and the team look to have the exact issues that culminated with CINCY last year, and while i agree the pass rush looks improved, there is no evidence YET that DORSEY can be a creative offensive coordinator. I would love to see them bounce back, but they gave up a ten point halftime lead to a guy in WILSON who may not win any subsequent games without the defense scoring.

It will be interesting to see how others breakdown josh’s performance.  Hey , i hope i can apologize and give you props if they somehow get to 7-1, but i cant get there off a 1 td, 4 TO debacle, that feels like a continuation of last years downward spiral.  Hopefully they at least stop the bleeding next week , but i think subsequently that TUA AND THE FINS may really expose  them. Glad you are holding on to your optimism in the face of this latest melt down; you are a more courageous fan than i am currently.  I need to see actual improvement before I believe in a string of wins. Best wishes. 

All fair comments. Let's see what happens 

On 9/11/2023 at 8:49 PM, BillzFreak said:

Question to you though, I thought the corners played well tonight or did I have one to many drinks?

Corner play was decent. Safety play however. Ummmmm.

On 9/11/2023 at 10:42 PM, Joe Ferguson said:

3-5 before facing Bengals

Then 3-6

• Agree 1

18 hours ago, DrPJax said:

I read this and think it is an absolutely dead on assessment of where this team is. Optimism for the sake of optimism is foolish. This team has things to fix if they want to go anywhere. And the above is EXACTLY right.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.