Travis Kelce Hyperextends Knee

HappyDays

1 minute ago, TheBrownBear said:

I agree that Thompson sucks. We held him to 18-45, 220 yards and 2 picks.  We outgained the Dolphins by 200 yards.  The only reason the Dolphins were in that game were unforced errors and special teams gaffes on the part of the Bills.

We also beat a full strength Dolphins team with Tua in the regular season. 

And I agree that the Dolphins being a "top team" is arguable.  But we did beat both Baltimore and KC on the road when they were at full strength.  I was merely answering your question by stating facts.

Do you understand how this discussion between Gunner and I got started?  

It's weird, you and AutieEm both agree with the argument I laid out in principle, but you're arguing with me.  I don't get it.  

I'm not arguing that the Ravens or Fins are or are not "top teams," as I've implied, one has to define what a "top team" actually is before anyone can claim that a team is one.  Sure, KC, Cincy, Philly, Dallas, San Fran, easily all "top teams" last season, but after that it has to be defined.  

All I'm saying is avering that we beat top teams which only include KC, Miami (twice, again, once with a 3rd-string QB), and the offensively bereft Ravens, Detroit beat Minnesota, Jax, and the Giants, and the Jags beat the same Ravens we beat, the Chargers twice, and the Cowboys, but neither of the last two beat top teams whereas we did? 

That make sense to you?  

It makes zero sense to me, particularly since in terms of W/L record, offensive/defensive rankings, Point-Differential, and QBs played, we certainly aren't on the long end of that stick.  

It's not complicated.  I have no idea why anyone's arguing that.  

5 minutes ago, AuntieEm said:

I just point out that only the top teams get to go to the playoffs though the division leaders  will sometimes get a lesser quality team over a better team in a tougher division.  I also do like the underdogs prevailing in an us versus them and seeing the less talented individually team gang up and defeat the top dog that may not even put in the proper prep as they overlook what a team effort can accomplish.

Well that's fine, but then take it up with Gunner.  He's the one that started arguing to the contrary with me.  

I'm not in disagreement with you.  All I'm saying is that we need to apply the same standards across the board in terms of coming to conclusions.  We cannot arbitrarily favor us because we're Bills fans, but then turn around and dismiss the same exact criteria in evaluating other teams for the same purpose.  

IOW, if we're going to assess teams as to how good they are based upon whether or not they beat "top teams," then the definition of "top teams" has to remain the same in evaluating any team.  

Again, it's not complicated though some try to make it that way.  LOL  

• Eyeroll 1
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, PBF81 said:

Not in the playoffs we haven't.  Sorry  

At least not with any regularity that is.  Miami with Skyler Thompson playing I don't consider to have been a top team.  New England the prior year wasn't either.  

Indy, meh, not really.  Baltimore, good, but low-end for playoffs.  7th and 5th seeds respectively.  

We haven't had a "run to the Super Bowl" yet either.  McD personally saw to that, didn't he.  ...  oh wait, apparently that was all Frazier's fault.  My bad.  LOL 

I agree we haven't in the playoffs. But I think that is luck more than anything else. We can beat good teams. I am not sure the Jags can. But let's see.

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

Eh. The lions agree, the Jags disagree…. I mean they had a chance just last year in KC… and Doug Pederson has been there before. 

But they haven't done it.

1 hour ago, PBF81 said:

And out of curiosity, which "top teams" did we beat last season?  

I see Baltimore and KC, that's it.   I'm also not sure I'd consider Baltimore a "top team."  They were alright, seeded 6th between the Chargers and Miami.  

Yea there you go. 

25 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I agree we haven't in the playoffs.

Thank you!  

But I think that is luck more than anything else.

Really?   

Because it couldn't possibly be coaching, right?   

We should find that out this season to be sure.  

We can beat good teams. I am not sure the Jags can. But let's see.

Right, because the Jags beating the same Ravens that we beat, beating the Chargers twice with Herbert at QB instead of dizzy eyed Tua and Skylar Thompson, and the Cowboys who had an all but identical point differential to KC but played in a notably more difficult division, isn't beating as good of teams as we beat.  

OK ... 

But they haven't done it.

Seems as if they have, during the regular season, and once during the playoffs.  If you want to discount the Chargers as a good team, then get rid of the Fins too, because they weren't as good as the Chargers even.  

The point that you took issue with me over was when I said that we haven't done it in the playoffs.  Which above you agree with me on.  

Otherwise, we didn't do it with regularity last season either I've discovered while researching for this.  We beat the Fins twice, the Ravens, and Chiefs.  We also lost to the Fins once, to the Ravens, and got dusted by the Bengals.  

Either way, earlier you disagreed when I said that they played better than us in the playoffs.  They beat the Chargers with Herbert at QB.  We barely beat the Fins with Skylar Thompson.  They gave the Chiefs a good game, in KC, a much better game than we gave the Bengals at home.  

Yet you're insisting the opposite.  Either way, you contradicted yourself from your earlier post.  Here it is in fact, along with my statement, it seems as if you simply like to disagree with me often.  

Me:  Maybe, but on a related note, that also sounds like a great description of us.  They also played better than we did in the playoffs last season, on both sides generally speaking, and particularly given the level of competition that they faced.  

You:  Does it? The Bills have beat top teams. They haven't beat them all on a run to the Superbowl.... but they have beaten good teams. Jags yet to prove it.

Either way, you contradicted yourself above in the first line.  

Yea there you go. 

LOL ... 

Edited by PBF81

15 hours ago, nucci said:

How many games has he missed due to injury?

Wrist Fracture 8/14/17 during practice.

missed 4 weeks  

Rib fracture 1/16/20 national championship game 

Torn Left ACL, MCL, PCL, meniscus injury 11/22/20

missed final 6 weeks 

Right pinky dislocation 12/5/21

Appendicitis missed 2022 training camp 

Knee Sprain 1/2/22 

MCL Sprain 2/13/22

Right calf strain 7/27/23 suffered day 1 of camp - missed entire camp 

5 hours ago, Dr.Sack said:

Wrist Fracture 8/14/17 during practice.

missed 4 weeks  

Rib fracture 1/16/20 national championship game 

Torn Left ACL, MCL, PCL, meniscus injury 11/22/20

missed final 6 weeks 

Right pinky dislocation 12/5/21

Appendicitis missed 2022 training camp 

Knee Sprain 1/2/22 

MCL Sprain 2/13/22

Right calf strain 7/27/23 suffered day 1 of camp - missed entire camp 

How many games with the Bengals?

2 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Thanks Kelce.  I won't mind if you take a few more weeks off. You earned it.

Well that would probably be the smart move.  Gabe last year played on a ankle not fully healed and he never got 100% and that hurt us at playoff time.   As he already has a couple rings, gets paid well as one of best tes in game, he should want to sit till he is 100%, guess depends on how KC treats injuries.   

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.