Are We Just Wasting Our Time Here on PPP?

Irv

It’s the politics section of a website dedicated to the following of a franchise that pays grown men millions of dollars per year to play a boy’s game at an extremely high level. 

Of course we’re wasting our time, it’s the whole point. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 2

I'm gonna play nice now.

Yes, I have learned a thing or two from other posters. No, not all of them. (I haven't looked in the mirror and said, "so maybe I AM a commie.")

But some people here have experience or knowledge about things I don't know much about. So occasionally a real discussion breaks out and I do learn something or get a new perspective on something.

I have my own areas of expertise (outside of the general know-it-all tone) and I kind of hope certain people have benefited from that. At least from time to time.

And it's a distraction from boring work. Particularly when I was "working" at home a lot.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 2

• 1 month later...
On 8/30/2023 at 3:31 PM, Irv said:

Sometimes I wonder why I waste my time on PPP.  I feel like I have never changed the mind of the Tibs, Billsy, Frank, Hawk/Fergy, Kemp delusionists no matter what I post.  Do you ever get the same feeling?  Why am I here?  Entertainment value?  

You are

You are a complete ***** whack job that thinks we should use nukes on a country and that we orchestrated the Hamas attack

Seek help

• Haha (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

You are

You are a complete ***** whack job that thinks we should use nukes on a country and that we orchestrated the Hamas attack

Seek help

One of the reasons I frequent this forum. I had no idea that certain seemingly perfectly normal people harbor such bizarro beliefs. I mean, read their football posts, they seem like regular guys (and they are all guys). Then come here and find out more than you ever should have known about them.

That's also why I take occasional extended leaves from this place ...

• Haha (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

One of the reasons I frequent this forum. I had no idea that certain seemingly perfectly normal people harbor such bizarro beliefs. I mean, read their football posts, they seem like regular guys (and they are all guys). Then come here and find out more than you ever should have known about them.

There’s an element of truth to this.  Everyone is entitled to their views on economics, foreign policy, domestic priorities, etc. Not everyone is going to agree all the time, and that’s great.  It’s the American way. 

Some of the views here, though, are bananas.  The ideas that anyone who doesn’t like Trump is a communist, or that the 2020 election was stolen by an Antifa-fueled conspiracy, or that there is a pedophiliac cabal of thought leaders secretly puppeteering our society are just nuts.  It’s amusing to read them, but sometimes in the sort of way that Florida Man is interesting.  As in, it’s hard to believe that there are people who would have aerosol hairspray and a lighter handy to use as a flamethrower against a raccoon.  But those people are out there.  And, here.  

So the whole experience is fun, but sometimes for different reasons.  

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Tiberius said:

You can't "waste" time. It's impossible. Time flows non-stop and can't be saved, wasted or manipulated. Time runs on it's own schedule 

No. You waste my time.  Believe me.  What a mess.  

2 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

You mean bizzaro beliefs like no borders, men can get pregnant, aborting babies in the ninth month, America is a 100% racist society?  Bizzaro stuff like that huh? 

• Haha (+1) 1

I would recommend to not spend too much time in one place or too much time doing a single activity.  I post on message boards for; tractors, automobiles, investing, health/wellness and here.  The personalities that make posting unenjoyable are found everywhere so that's life.

When I was working, I would spend most of my day in front of the computer.  After doing it for almost 35 years I believe that a lifestyle focused on a screen is killing you.  Get out and do something, anything but get out of the chair and away from the screen.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Irv said:

No. You waste my time.  Believe me.  What a mess.  

You mean bizzaro beliefs like no borders, men can get pregnant, aborting babies in the ninth month, America is a 100% racist society?  Bizzaro stuff like that huh? 

Newsflash

N ot everyone who disagrees with you has the beliefs you just described

I can tell you with all sincerity , your belief that we should use. Nukes is insane.

3 hours ago, Unforgiven said:

sniping at re tards is just something to pass the time

Still nothing of substance