Josh Allen: Assistant Offensive Coordinator?

BigAl2526

5 minutes ago, Simon said:

There is nothing in that article that says the K was for Kelly.

I guess they left any reference to Keith McKeller out of the article, and had that big picture of Jim Kelly, and the entire focus on Jim Kelly to throw readers off the scent. 

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, boater said:

There's no arguing with you, is there?

You posted an article claiming it said something that it didn't.

Not trying to be a pest, I'm just trying to help you realize that the K has always been considered to be in reference to Keith McKeller.

That's not an opinion to be argued; it's just the way it's always been. 🤷‍♂️

6 minutes ago, Chaos said:

I guess they left any reference to Keith McKeller out of the article, and had that big picture of Jim Kelly, and the entire focus on Jim Kelly to throw readers off the scent. 

Just do a simple google search for "K Gun Keith McKeller" and you'll easily find 10 references that it was named for him.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

12 minutes ago, boater said:

There's no arguing with you, is there?

Wow man. just searched in google (Who was the K gun offense named after)

Right on top it says

"Keith McKeller

The "K-Gun" offense is commonly thought to be named after quarterback Jim Kelly, but was actually named for Keith McKeller, a 6-foot-6-inch (1.98 m), 245-pound (111 kg) dual-threat tight end."

takes 2 seconds to look up. Why are you making something up off of nothing. Kelly might of been the main leader of the K-Gun but it was named AFTER McKeller. 

Period.

End of story.

Have a nice day bro. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, PrimeTime101 said:

Wow man. just searched in google (Who was the K gun offense named after)

Right on top it says

"Keith McKeller

The "K-Gun" offense is commonly thought to be named after quarterback Jim Kelly, but was actually named for Keith McKeller, a 6-foot-6-inch (1.98 m), 245-pound (111 kg) dual-threat tight end."

takes 2 seconds to look up. Why are you making something up off of nothing. Kelly might of been the main leader of the K-Gun but it was named AFTER McKeller. 

Period.

End of story.

Have a nice day bro. 

If its on wikipedia, then picked up by google, it could never be wrong. I mean its the internet after all. 

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Chaos said:

If its on wikipedia, then picked up by google, it could never be wrong. I mean its the internet after all. 

Or if you use the citation from Wikipedia you can find an article, you know because that's how Wikipedia works.

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2010/12/2/1848736/december-2-1990-bills-unveil-no-huddle-offense

3 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Here's an autographed photo of McKeller where he himself wrote K-Gun

image.thumb.png.11caa50d21927e3f30b8ad1e2383a09c.png

Now go get your shinebox....

• Haha (+1) 2

Just now, BigAl2526 said:

I thought everybody knew the K-Gun was named after McKeller, an athletic receiving tight end, kind of like Dalton Kincaid.

He was more of a two way guy than Kincaid; a waaaayyyy better blocker.

The reason they could run it so well is that they could leave him on the field in all situations because he was good at everything and didn't have to make substitutions or give the defense time to make them.

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/14/2023 at 2:19 PM, Einstein's Dog said:

Great to hear.  One step closer to having Josh go no-huddle when they get advantageous player situations.  And that should happen quite a bit more this year with the problems Kincaid can present to D Coordinators.

And they have the luxury of maybe practicing it but saving it for an adder element in a heated playoff run.  And during regular season act end of halves as two min drill practices.

Edited by AuntieEm

3 hours ago, boater said:

You have ONE blog article citing the K-Gun being other than Jim Kelly. You'll need more than that to convince me.

I don’t need an internet-based article to prove it.  I lived it.  It was the K-Gun In reference to Keith McKeller, the TE.  When McKeller would come in, the defense would substitute to a favorable package for the Bills Offense.  So, they would switch to the no huddle attack to take advantage.   Of course, the offense evolved and wasn’t just reliant on which TE was on the field, but that’s how it all began. 

And, yes, I experienced the Trent Edwards debacle as well. I think any person that experienced the Kelly led no huddle attack, realized that was gonna be a hot mess.  

Josh, I must admit, may be another story. I’ve often thought he may have the skill set and mentality to run an effective no huddle offense all game. 

edit: although now a days with OC to QB communications its a different world, all together, when it comes to a QB calling his own plays at the line. 

Edited by Dan

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.