Spencer Brown Injury Concern

vtnatefootball11

1 minute ago, Shanahan's Horseshoe said:

I don’t know how you can say “obviously it was nothing serious”. He knows this is his last shot and if he tweaked it that bad, and by all reports it looked bad, he’s definitely playing through pain and it’s an ongoing issue, especially if it’s his back.  That’s a fact. 

You know this how?  Because of a single report after practice one day?

• Thank you (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Doc said:

That’s where I’m at. Everyone can just STFU. Nobody knows anything about decor what some wannabe reporter posted at practice one day. 

I hope Brown can be healthy and take the job, that said, I feel much better knowing Snell is there if he can’t.  He’s not dominant by any measure, but he’s better than we’ve had as and alternative since Williams had his one good year.

7 minutes ago, Doc said:

Look at the facts.  He’s been hampered by back injuries for a while and had back surgery in the off-season.  The Taller and heavier you are the more back injuries linger. It wasn’t just one reporter, Locked on, Sal and a few others who tweeted that he looked to be in significant pain. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Shanahan's Horseshoe said:

I don’t know how you can say “obviously it was nothing serious”. He knows this is his last shot and if he tweaked it that bad, and by all reports it looked bad, he’s definitely playing through pain and it’s an ongoing issue, especially if it’s his back.  That’s a fact. 

I say it because I have no idea if this issue is chronic - neither he nor the team has said anything of the sort. Nor was it severe enough to keep him out of subsequent practices. 

I don’t really put much stock in how bad “it looked” to a bunch of fans and reporters.

Edited by JoPoy88

46 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

I don’t really put much stock in how bad “it looked” to a bunch of fans and reporters.

For what it's worth, I have seen some guys get KILLED in NFL or NHL games, where you are convinced the guy is going to be out 6 weeks or maybe 6 months....and then the guy is playing 2 shifts later (in the NHL) or back on the field 1 or 2 possessions later in the NFL! 

So it's true, you can't really go by that at all.

• Thank you (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Shanahan's Horseshoe said:

I've had back surgery.  If he just had his nerve irritated, it can feel painful for a few hours.  Once it calms down, you feel fine.  It not always a long severe injury.

1 hour ago, Shanahan's Horseshoe said:

Look at the facts.  He’s been hampered by back injuries for a while and had back surgery in the off-season.  The Taller and heavier you are the more back injuries linger. It wasn’t just one reporter, Locked on, Sal and a few others who tweeted that he looked to be in significant pain. 

Significant pain doesn't mean it's long lasting every time lol.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I've had back surgery.  If he just had his nerve irritated, it can feel painful for a few hours.  Once it calms down, you feel fine.  It not always a long severe injury.

Significant pain doesn't mean it's long lasting every time lol.  

Do you play RT in the NFL lol?

His back has been a chronic issue.  I’m sure him tweaking his back was completely unrelated to his previous issues or his surgery lol

9 minutes ago, Shanahan's Horseshoe said:

His back has been a chronic issue.  I’m sure him tweaking his back was completely unrelated to his previous issues or his surgery lol

No I don't play RT in the NFL but I currently train in Muay Thai and in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu.

If you have surgery, you're going to have issues but they're not all long lasting.  That's what you're insisting on.  You are dead set that he's still in pain now and that back pain can't ever be short term....what a hill to stand on.

17 minutes ago, Shanahan's Horseshoe said:

More assumptions. We don’t know if Brown was suffering a chronic issue. Even if it was, we don’t know if his surgery completely remedied it or not. We don’t know if his episode the other day was related to prior injuries, the surgery, both, or neither. 

When Brown acknowledged his offseason surgery, he was asked to elaborate and declined to do so. So unless he changed his mind and talked to you, or you got a peek at his medical records, you don’t know what you’re talking about.

25 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

No I don't play RT in the NFL but I currently train in Muay Thai and in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu.

I'm sure you can kick my ass and everything but aren't Mai Tais kind of a girl's cocktail?

And what kind of guy needs to drink before he goes to the dojo? Do you need the liquid courage?

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

If you have surgery, you're going to have issues but they're not all long lasting.  That's what you're insisting on.  You are dead set that he's still in pain now and that back pain can't ever be short term....what a hill to stand on.

Ha taking martial arts classes is exactly the same as playing offensive line in the NFL. 
I’ve had multiple surgeries that were sports related to my knee and shoulder.  They never heal perfectly. Every single one of my former teammates and friends who’ve had surgeries have had lingering issues post surgery that last a long time.  Not sure who you’re talking to but anyone who’s had labrum surgery or an ACL/MCL surgery are never the same. Back is no different.  
That doesn’t mean you can’t work through it.  That doesn’t mean can’t treat it. But to act like multiple reports about Brown having this issue is unrelated to his ongoing back problems is ridiculous.  But die in that hill.  I hope I’m very wrong. 

1 hour ago, Sierra Foothills said:

I'm sure you can kick my ass and everything but aren't Mai Tais kind of a girl's cocktail?

A properly made mai tai has more rums than mixer :beer:

41 minutes ago, Shanahan's Horseshoe said:

I’ve had multiple surgeries that were sports related to my knee and shoulder.  They never heal perfectly. Every single one of my former teammates and friends who’ve had surgeries have had lingering issues post surgery that last a long time.  Not sure who you’re talking to but anyone who’s had labrum surgery or an ACL/MCL surgery are never the same. Back is no different.  

I've had 4 back surgeries and every one of them has been an improvement and bought me several more years of full activity, including football.

I have no idea what kind of condition Spencer Brown's back is in but it's not likely relevant because I don't think he can play OTackle in this league anyways and nobody seems to have the wherewithal to kick him inside and see if a 6'8" Guard is actually a problem for Allen or not. 🤷‍♂️

59 minutes ago, Shanahan's Horseshoe said:

Ha taking martial arts classes is exactly the same as playing offensive line in the NFL. 
That doesn’t mean you can’t work through it.  That doesn’t mean can’t treat it. But to act like multiple reports about Brown having this issue is unrelated to his ongoing back problems is ridiculous.  But die in that hill.  I hope I’m very wrong. 

Dude,

I had to have back surgery because of my martial arts.  You think we just fight air or something lol.  Google your closest MMA gym.  Ask to spar with some of those guys and see if you lol after.  You have no idea what adversity is.

I’ve torn my labrum because of martial arts and college baseball.  I have had multiple amount of injuries…including back surgery.  I just sparred for the last hour, I feel fine but I must be lying I guess.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Dude,

I had to have back surgery because of my martial arts.  You think we just fight air or something lol.  Google your closest MMA gym.  Ask to spar with some of those guys and see if you lol after.  You have no idea what adversity is.

I’ve torn my labrum because of martial arts and college baseball.  I have had multiple amount of injuries…including back surgery.  I just sparred for the last hour, I feel fine but I must be lying I guess.

I’m proud of you Uncle Rico. I’ll head right down to the nearest MMA gym and announce that some guy on the internet told

me that I need to fight everyone there!

I played my entire college career with a torn labrum.  I understand pushing through injury.  That doesn’t mean there weren’t times where I was in extreme pain and it affected my play.  I couldn’t jog without it feeling like it was gonna dislocate.
My point was that it’s clearly gonna be something that affects his play moving forward and was the reason why MULTILPE REPORTERS MENTIONED IT.   

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, Shanahan's Horseshoe said:

I’m proud of you Uncle Rico. I’ll head right down to the nearest MMA gym and announce that some guy on the internet told

me that I need to fight everyone there!

I played my entire college career with a torn labrum.  I understand pushing through injury.  That doesn’t mean there weren’t times where I was in extreme pain and it affected my play.  I couldn’t jog without it feeling like it was gonna dislocate.
My point was that it’s clearly gonna be something that affects his play moving forward and was the reason why MULTILPE REPORTERS MENTIONED IT.   

You probably should go because for whatever reason, you think its easy and not hard on the body.  Seriously go.

Since you had pain in your shoulder that means Spencer Brown was playing through pain yesterday.  There’s no such thing as a short flare up….it doesn’t exist.  GTFO lol.

If Brown still had a legitimate issue with his back, he wouldn’t be on the field and at practice.  When your back is out, it’s debilitating.  So him being in pain one day and practicing the next, it sounds like a flare up.  But you know back injuries.  When did you have back surgery?

Edited by Royale with Cheese
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

10 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

You probably should go because for whatever reason, you think its easy and not hard on the body.  Seriously go.

Since you had pain in your shoulder that means Spencer Brown was playing through pain yesterday.  There’s no such thing as a short flare up….it doesn’t exist.  GTFO lol.

If Brown still had a legitimate issue with his back, he wouldn’t be on the field and at practice.  When your back is out, it’s debilitating.  So him being in pain one day and practicing the next, it sounds like a flare up.  But you know back injuries.  When did you have back surgery?

I’m surprised you have enough energy to type after an hour of “grappling“😂

• Eyeroll 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.