RIP Pee-wee Herman

Gregg

58 minutes ago, Gugny said:

He pleaded guilty to a lesser charge for the second one. 

I think he had to register as a sex offender, too. 

One misunderstanding, I can begin to understand. 

Two???  Nah. 

OJ only had one misunderstanding, so he’s OK then right?

1 hour ago, WhoTom said:

I remember several reports of domestic violence at their house long before the murders.

I think I remember 911 quotes of something like “it’s him! You know who he is!”  Again was implied. 

That was a bad example as a counterpoint. 

4 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Nope! 

:D

I have a question for you, no right or wrong answer as it’s opinion, but I want to see if I’m right:

Who is funnier:

Pee Wee Herman in Pee Wee’s Big Adventure

OR

Chevy Chase in Fletch?

30 minutes ago, Rico said:

:D

I have a question for you, no right or wrong answer as it’s opinion, but I want to see if I’m right:

Who is funnier:

Pee Wee Herman in Pee Wee’s Big Adventure

OR

Chevy Chase in Fletch?

I’ve only seen Fletch and I thought Chevy Chase was hilarious. 

RIP Pee Wee!

One of the all-time classics.

I remember really liking his original stage show that was on HBO, back in the early/mid-80's. 

Pee Wee's Big Adventure remained one of my favorite movies since I first saw it in the theater.  (Tim Burton's first film.)  It was just so different and full of creativity.  I remember enjoying it so much that I took one of my best mates from school to see it.  He actually fell out of their seat and rolled in the aisle because he was laughing so hard.

Pee Wee's Playhouse was also great.  Those were my first years of college.  Every Saturday morning, we'd all trudge down to the dorm lounge to watch it while, nursing hangovers, and processing the stupid things we did the night before.  It was the perfect show for a hungover Saturday morning at college.

God Bless you Pee Wee!

https://clip.cafe/pee-wees-big-adventure-1985/francis-busy/

francis-busy.jpg

I watched Big Adventure tonight, just tremendous, non-stop laughs from start to finish.

Then I watched Big Top Pee-Wee, that was a mistake, should’ve watched Cheech & Chong’s Next Movie instead. Vance the Pig was pretty funny, not too much else. 

Pee-Wee's playhouse was a genius of a show.  In our house, it was must see TV every Saturday morning back then.   That theme song was stuck in my head.  

Thought about this show as I endured watching Barbie a couple weeks back.  Paul Reubens was comfortable delivering a message through oddity, comedy, (and often double entendre and innuendo) without the lecture and being mean-spirited about it.   That's the boat Barbie missed by a mile.   

He had a pretty good character actor career post Playhouse - I remember his characters in Blow and the Blacklist.  

1 hour ago, Bill from NYC said:

Hey, I am thinking that perhaps.....just MAYBE the time he got caught was not his first time at it. Whadda ya think? 

I don't know. I don't hang in adult theaters and I was only aware of his 1991 arrest in Sarasota. I never followed him although I remember his cameo in a cheech and chong movie, a desk clerk I believe, I watched on vhs. chances are good he may have done his dirty little deed more than the one time he was caught at it, fortunately for you, at least now it is safe to sit in a movie theater...

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

10 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

I don't know. I don't hang in adult theaters and I was only aware of his 1991 arrest in Sarasota. I never followed him although I remember his cameo in a cheech and chong movie, a desk clerk I believe, I watched on vhs. chances are good he may have done his dirty little deed more than the one time he was caught at it, fortunately for you, at least now it is safe to sit in a movie theater...

You seem to be really hung up on the adult movie thing. Why do you have such tender, defensive feelings for this pillar af the community. I'm sorry that you were outraged by my harmless little joke. 

Nice knowing you!

39 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

You seem to be really hung up on the adult movie thing. Why do you have such tender, defensive feelings for this pillar af the community. I'm sorry that you were outraged by my harmless little joke. 

Nice knowing you!

such a an odd perception. that's just it, you don't know me and I took you for better than that, I was wrong. thing of it is, you claiming tender defensive feelings is way out in left field. way out there. 

later

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

Pee wee was one-of-a-kind. His stand up was amazing.  His schtick on Letterman is legendary.  Movies and TV shows were hilarious.   I can overlook the adult moving thing.  May he rest in peace.  ***** cancer.    

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.