Training Camp 7/28 9:45 am

Beck Water

5 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Does Greg think he’s posting videos?

It's a mystery.  I'm hoping someone will ask him.  My guess is that he's using the live or the sports function on his iphone, and doesn't realize twitter will only pull the first pic.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Moulds_80 said:

My biggest takeaways from today: 

Kincaid is the real deal!!!  So smooth

Its cooks job to lose,  taking most all first team reps.  Had a beautiful corner td catch as well.   

Also hot, very hot

Was that necessary to add that about James cook?

• Haha (+1) 2

Seen this before 

Enjoy the greatness while we got it boys??

53 minutes ago, The Jerk said:

I'll be there in my Dipset T. Holla at ya boy. 

Dipset? 

Juelz Dip Dip, Santana set set

That Dipset?? That's my guys!!

Edited by JerseyBills

4 hours ago, PrimeTime101 said:

Lets put this in perspective. Rapp #20 runs a 40-yard dash in an unofficial 4.74

Kincaid must not of had a good running day cause Kincaid Ran a 4.64 and looks way way faster then Rapp on the field.

If Kincaid is going to blow by Safeties in this league? What in gods earth is he going to do to most LB's? To big for a CB, way to fast for a LB. To shifty for a LB

Getting me excited. 

I don’t think Kincaid ran pre draft because of his back injury. But he said he would have run a 4.5 for what that is worth. Dude is definitely fast looking.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

People need to stop looking at Kincaid like he is a tightend

He’s a weapon

I know we are a little gunshy on the Swiss Army Knife TE after the Charles Clay experiment but I believe that Kincaid is what they envisioned.

If some of the work we've seen over the last few days is any indication, we can put Kincaid in the backfield, in line or in the slot depending on the situation. 

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/2023/07/buffalo-bills-2nd-year-lb-gets-his-shot-with-1st-team-on-day-3-of-training-camp-observations.html

"Spencer Brown went up against Greg Rousseau and showed off his patience and technique to keep the tall and lengthy Rousseau at bay throughout the rep. Brown appears to be playing with a ton of confidence. I haven’t seen him give up a pressure through the first few days and that’s impressive considering he struggled at times in camp last year. The other notable rep came from O’Cyrus Torrence, who shut down UDFA defensive tackle D.J. Dale. It didn’t matter what Dale tried in the rep, Torrence was too strong and powerful."

Good to hear and hope we can get a solid O-Line this year.

"Ford is starting to look more comfortable each day and I’ve started to notice him rushing the passer the last two days. He’s been paired mostly with Tim Settle and both guys have been around the quarterback consistently. On one play, Ford ripped through the line and worked past both Mitch Morse and Connor McGovern to land at Kyle Allen for a sack. Ford worked on the first team on a few plays throughout practice. The biggest problem offenses are going to face is a fresh Ford as part of the wave following DaQuan Jones.

Oliver gets my vote for the best all-around player through the first three days of camp. He’s been explosive and has made an impact against a starting offensive line that has limited pressure on the quarterbacks, especially Josh Allen. Oliver had one sack on the day and his best rush came on a speed move to the inside that left Connor McGovern off-balance and out of position. Oliver’s speed and veteran savvy has been on display all week. Veteran offensive lineman David Edwards has been mostly working on the second team all week but had a rep at right guard on the first team Friday."

Haven't heard much from the D-Line so far. Nice to see they've been looking good. But then I start to worry about our O-Line 😆. The beauty of training camp.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

8 hours ago, Your Brown Eye said:

I'm trying to figure that out myself. I feel like some fans here scour through every other team's media for the slightest hint of anti-Bills just to rant over what they found. Who cares what 3 dudes with a podcast in Dallas thinks about the Bills.

And who has that kinda time.  

2 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

People need to stop looking at Kincaid like he is a tightend

He’s a weapon

Most of us do

7 minutes ago, Dr Krentist said:

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/2023/07/buffalo-bills-2nd-year-lb-gets-his-shot-with-1st-team-on-day-3-of-training-camp-observations.html

"Spencer Brown went up against Greg Rousseau and showed off his patience and technique to keep the tall and lengthy Rousseau at bay throughout the rep. Brown appears to be playing with a ton of confidence. I haven’t seen him give up a pressure through the first few days and that’s impressive considering he struggled at times in camp last year. The other notable rep came from O’Cyrus Torrence, who shut down UDFA defensive tackle D.J. Dale. It didn’t matter what Dale tried in the rep, Torrence was too strong and powerful."

Good to hear and hope we can get a solid O-Line this year.

"Ford is starting to look more comfortable each day and I’ve started to notice him rushing the passer the last two days. He’s been paired mostly with Tim Settle and both guys have been around the quarterback consistently. On one play, Ford ripped through the line and worked past both Mitch Morse and Connor McGovern to land at Kyle Allen for a sack. Ford worked on the first team on a few plays throughout practice. The biggest problem offenses are going to face is a fresh Ford as part of the wave following DaQuan Jones.

Oliver gets my vote for the best all-around player through the first three days of camp. He’s been explosive and has made an impact against a starting offensive line that has limited pressure on the quarterbacks, especially Josh Allen. Oliver had one sack on the day and his best rush came on a speed move to the inside that left Connor McGovern off-balance and out of position. Oliver’s speed and veteran savvy has been on display all week. Veteran offensive lineman David Edwards has been mostly working on the second team all week but had a rep at right guard on the first team Friday."

Haven't heard much from the D-Line so far. Nice to see they've been looking good. But then I start to worry about our O-Line 😆. The beauty of training camp.

They don't have pads on. I wouldn't read anything into oline or dline play.

13 hours ago, Jerry Jabber said:

There’s a reason why Shakir dropped to the 5th round of the draft. The high expectations around him by fans have been ridiculous!

Yeah, but hands were not that reason. He's had good hands and I doubt this will turn into a long-term problem.

The reason he dropped is short arms, not a fantastic leaper and while he's fast, he's not really really fast, especially for a guy his size.

I don't see outsize expectations for him, myself. Excellent route runner, smart guy, a high level three or maybe even a low level two seem well within reach, depending how many snaps he gets. And for a 5th rounder, that's a good pick.

6 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

They don't have pads on. I wouldn't read anything into oline or dline play.

Yup, this. Neither good nor bad means much yet.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I'll tell you what's going to happen.  He's going to turn into Kelce.

That's very very optimistic and early.

The fact that it doesn't seem outside the bounds of possibility is really exciting.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.