General feeling of fanbase, more likely... winning AFC Championship? or missing playoffs altogether?

zow2

2 hours ago, Billsflyer12 said:

The schedule is brutal, hardest this version of team has had.  The following scenario isnt a “totally moronic” one.

Division Games - Pats, Dolphins, Jets X2.  3-3 is not a crazy time “moronic” thought

Likely Losses - @ Bengals, @ Chiefs, @ Bengals. 0-3

Tossups - Jags, Cowboys, @ Chargers. 2-1

Should be wins, but never know - @ WTF, Giants, Broncos. 2-1

Easy W - Raiders, Bucs. 2-0

9-8 in this scenario.

I wouldn’t bet this scenario, but one is not a moron if getting to this conclusion and missing playoffs.  BTW, give them a win in likely losses, does 10-7 guarantee playoffs this season in the AFC? IDK.

Uh,  um, ..... we can't lose to the Bengals TWICE. 

JUST SAYING.....

Well, if this team plays up to its potential every week, I think there's no way they miss the playoffs. After the Jets game week 1, we have games against The Raiders, Commanders, Dolphins, Jaguars, Giants, Patriots and Buccaneers. There is no reason not to go at the very least 6-2 over the first 8 game. If we can get off to that kind of start, I think we win 12 or 13 easily

2 hours ago, Billsflyer12 said:

The schedule is brutal, hardest this version of team has had.  The following scenario isnt a “totally moronic” one.

Division Games - Pats, Dolphins, Jets X2.  3-3 is not a crazy time “moronic” thought

Likely Losses - @ Bengals, @ Chiefs, @ Bengals. 0-3

Tossups - Jags, Cowboys, @ Chargers. 2-1

Should be wins, but never know - @ WTF, Giants, Broncos. 2-1

Easy W - Raiders, Bucs. 2-0

9-8 in this scenario.

I wouldn’t bet this scenario, but one is not a moron if getting to this conclusion and missing playoffs.  BTW, give them a win in likely losses, does 10-7 guarantee playoffs this season in the AFC? IDK.

The funny thing is that I thought you were being kind to the Bills because we're all Bills fans!!

With the exception of the division results...I might put us at 4-2 there.  But yes, we could easily end up with a record right around what you mention.  Or we could be 4 wins better than that!  Should be an interesting season.

I just hope we win on opening Monday night; a loss there (entirely possible depending on tons of variables) puts the season on the wrong foot immediately.

37 minutes ago, loyal2dagame said:

Uh,  um, ..... we can't lose to the Bengals TWICE. 

JUST SAYING.....

You are correct, fixed. Lol.  @Bengals , @ Eagles, @Chiefs

3 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

The funny thing is that I thought you were being kind to the Bills because we're all Bills fans!!

With the exception of the division results...I might put us at 4-2 there.  But yes, we could easily end up with a record right around what you mention.  Or we could be 4 wins better than that!  Should be an interesting season.

I just hope we win on opening Monday night; a loss there (entirely possible depending on tons of variables) puts the season on the wrong foot immediately.

I was just pointing out for all the posters here that have said your a moron or a complete idiot for thinking Bills don’t make the playoffs.  There are a few not unrealistic ways they could miss without major injuries.  I won’t bet on them missing but I think they will end up 10-7 and that might not be good enough in AFC.

• Disagree 1

On 7/20/2023 at 4:31 PM, maddenboy said:

1)  I feel the same.  there is zero juice to this offseason.  Not even the pick of Kincaid really juiced anything.

Its kinda like when you wake your computer from sleep.  Its just a different vibe when you take the extra time to turn it all the way off.  then back on from scratch.

We havent had that moment yet.  We usually have it by now

2)  Sometimes your computer just slows down (to keep the analogy).   Not enuf ram to run so many open programs at once.

I dont know if "Process" includes any rah-rah.  But it feels like we need . . . something.

3)  Because our Defense doesnt make enuf plays.  Part of bend-but-dont-break is that, if we make you run 15 plays every time you have the ball, that gives us more opportunities for us to make a play.  Forcing the opponent to play perfectly and no team can do that for so many plays.  But if it always ends in a punt or a score, without  any game-changing plays, . . . .

That something is real football again.  Its the only way we will all get the stink off of that playoff game

On 7/20/2023 at 6:29 AM, zow2 said:

There are some National talking heads that have the Bills on the decline...mainly due to other teams rising up in the AFC and Buffalo's tough schedule.  For whatever reason, while still respected, the Bills are not a sexy pick this season to do much of anything.

Does the fanbase feel they have a better chance at playing in the Super Bowl?  or not making the playoffs?   

I know most of us here are homers... and personally I'd be more surprised if they miss the playoffs.  The O looks to be really solid, the D is a question for me and how effectively McDermott tweaks it.

For me they’ve improved on both sides of the ball.  Most likely improved Guard play, a 12 option now, much deeper WR depth with Shakir, Sherfield, and Harty for the slot.  Improved RB play with a scat back in  Cook, banger in Harris, and Murray for fresh legs in December and beyond.

How is that not better?

On Defense another proven Edge with 30 sacks in 3 years, opposite Groot, and then a trifecta with Von.  Once Von in a rhythm I’m expecting Groot getting kicked inside on obvious passing downs, a Daquan as the immovable object.

LB is a competition for which faster MLB can impress McD.  The Secondary Is healthy again and they are one of the best units in footba

just about anything that could go wrong went wrong last year. that cannot happen again this year you'd think. guy dies on the field, all pros getting injured, guys love life falls apart during playoffs, games being moved cause of weather or cancelled cause of aforementioned guy dies. Now this team can take a breath and move on to this season and steam roll everyone. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.