Hollywood is collapsing

8 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

48??? Time to play those grandma roles if she has the range.

When she was young and attractive it landed her some Hollywood work, wasn’t complaining about beauty standards then. 

funny how that double standard works

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

She's still an 11.  

Exactly.  Reminds me of an incident on a trail 😂 ( really, I like walking in the woods).  Saw a bald eagle circling.  A couple passed on bikes and I pointed it out.  They said "oh, is that it?" looked for about 10 secs and took off.  Like they see bald eagles in the wild every day and it's no big deal.  Theron is a rare bird.  not gonna see many like her in Wal Mart.  But the cons here apparently think they do.

• Eyeroll 1

8 hours ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

She's still an 11.  

Of course, that's the sorta sad part about where she's at emotionally.  She's an 11 physically, but emotionally she seems to be in the 6-7 range, worrying about things beyond her control.  To the extent she may be correct, she obviously benefited from her looks to a great degree and seemed unconflicted at that time.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Of course, that's the sorta sad part about where she's at emotionally.  She's an 11 physically, but emotionally she seems to be in the 6-7 range, worrying about things beyond her control.  To the extent she may be correct, she obviously benefited from her looks to a great degree and seemed unconflicted at that time.  

I didn't read your link but I skimmed a different one and had a different takeaway.  People were saying she got plastic surgery and she simply said she didn't, she's getting older.  I applaud those actresses who don't go under the knife.  It's sad they feel they have to for their career.  Some plastic surgery results are horrific.  

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

I didn't read your link but I skimmed a different one and had a different takeaway.  People were saying she got plastic surgery and she simply said she didn't, she's getting older.  I applaud those actresses who don't go under the knife.  It's sad they feel they have to for their career.  Some plastic surgery results are horrific.  

46291ecf-dc5d-4f41-b43b-8ba5171f7b54.jpg

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

I don’t care one way or the other, if she nipped/tucked or didn’t.  Between make up, filters, and other Hollywood magic who really know what she looks like.  It’s big business.  She talked about men aging v women aging, agism in Hollywood.  

It just makes me chuckle when people who are successful in large part because of their looks suddenly get all turned around when things change as they are sure to do.  There are precious few Charlize Theron’s built like Lizzo—just as there are precious few leading men who look like your old pal Lenny.  

Get in line, Charlize, and suck it up. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

6 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Look her up without make up. 7-8 if she has a great personality, otherwise just some other un noticeable 50 year old at the dmv. 

But she absolutely was an 8/9 even as a B word 2 decades ago. 

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Look her up without make up. 7-8 if she has a great personality, otherwise just some other un noticeable 50 year old at the dmv. 

But she absolutely was an 8/9 even as a B word 2 decades ago. 

We’re going to have to disagree here.  The makeup free shots don’t change much for me, these are real people and the unmadeup look can be awesome imo. 

Still, as a 3.25-3.45 myself, a 7/8 is pretty good! 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Me too! Good luck trying to figure it out. 😂

Did iy last year.  went to a local  place that advertised on the local Senior radio show  on Saturday afternoons.  Told them my financial situation and  and they showed me 5 plans.  Pincked Highmark (BC&BS).  Since I only have SS and not yet drawing on my 401K, I haven't had to pay more than a few hundred so far. I am under going testing for possible dialysis and kidney transplant in the future.

4 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

It just makes me chuckle when people who are successful in large part because of their looks suddenly get all turned around when things change as they are sure to do.

I agree. I'm old enough now to have seen the changing of the guards many times over. It was a big deal when the very young (and highly annoying) Jane Pauley took over the NBC Today show, leapfrogging lots of older women. Then in time when she was pushed aside for a younger woman it was just all so unfair ...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

21 minutes ago, Wacka said:

Did iy last year.  went to a local  place that advertised on the local Senior radio show  on Saturday afternoons.  Told them my financial situation and  and they showed me 5 plans.  Pincked Highmark (BC&BS).  Since I only have SS and not yet drawing on my 401K, I haven't had to pay more than a few hundred so far. I am under going testing for possible dialysis and kidney transplant in the future.

Good luck.  My MIL has been on dialysis for the past year and a half. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

this guy is terrible. Alec the killer much better trump.. 

yeah, Baldwin did do it better

2 hours ago, Wacka said:

Wish you luck on the dialysis and kidney transplant. I’m a diabetic myself, so I feel you on this.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Doc said:

Good luck.  My MIL has been on dialysis for the past year and a half. 

Don't need dialysis  yet but just entered stage 4 CKD. Was from the high BP that caused my stroke 9 yers ago. BP is under control but see the nephrologist every other month.  The stress test (one of the tests to see if I am healthy enough to go on the transplant list) spotted an abnormality so I have an angiogram scheduled next Wednesday. I feel like a pincushion. In the last two months they have taken over 40 vials of blood with more to be taken tomorrow.

Edited by Wacka
  • Like (+1) 1

• 4 weeks later...