TE University Attendees?

LabattBlue

https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2023/06/20/kansas-city-chiefs-travis-kelce-george-kittle-greg-olsen-tight-end-university-summit-2023-begins/

Their inaugural TEU summit was a smashing success, which led to a second summit last year with over 80 NFL tight ends in attendance. Now, the trio will put on a third event from June 20-22 in Nashville, Tennessee at Vanderbilt University.

According to Kittle, this year’s event will feature 75 NFL tight ends in attendance. Josh Allen, Trey Lance, CJ Beathard, Sam Darnold and Nick Mullens will be among the quarterbacks in attendance. They have some special guests in terms of NFL legends with Rob Gronkowski (lessons on how to hit helpless players and get away with it) and Jordan Reed coming to help teach the younger players in attendance.

Instagram link in article s broken.

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/2/2023 at 3:40 PM, Warcodered said:

Quitin Morris was also there so TE1-3.

Morris is not a TE. He is a football player. He has unique skills that can contribute to any position. Dude can be a running back, tight end, or big slot.

If Dorsey can find a a few wrinkles for his usage we will be better off. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

On 7/2/2023 at 12:39 PM, chongli said:

Boogie taking the Marcel Dareus post-100M contract approach to the offseason?  Why wouldn’t he be there?  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

On 7/11/2023 at 12:17 PM, boyst said:

Morris is not a TE. He is a football player. He has unique skills that can contribute to any position. Dude can be a running back, tight end, or big slot.

I wonder if he could practice as a Long Snapper.

It would make him more versatile and give us a backup in case Reid Ferguson (who I have no complaints on performance) is injured or the Bills get to too tight on cap.  Same height as Reid Ferguson but a bit stocker for more protection.

1 hour ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

He was at the stadium everyday the last week of June working out. Idk why he wasn't at Vons thing

I read on twitter he was working with his brother who is disabled and is part of Special Olympics. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

On 7/11/2023 at 11:17 AM, boyst said:

I agree with you that Morris can just play football, but Man! 

Every time I saw him on the field last year I was like "More, please".  11 targets, 8 receptions - including 6 1D and a TD.  That's unreal. 

I remember watching one of Greg Cosell's weekly sessions, early or pre-season with Chris Brown and Steve Tasker where Morris ran a route and Cosell was like "that's a great route for a TE, who is that kid?"  On his TD, he did a hard arm-over to release off the line that was Diggs-worthy.

Edited by Beck Water

1 hour ago, Limeaid said:

I wonder if he could practice as a Long Snapper.

It would make him more versatile and give us a backup in case Reid Ferguson (who I have no complaints on performance) is injured or the Bills get to too tight on cap.  Same height as Reid Ferguson but a bit stocker for more protection.

I read on twitter he was working with his brother who is disabled and is part of Special Olympics. 

Funny you bring this up. I found out I work with a former NFL long snapper. Lasted 2 years. He and I went over the nuances of the position. It's incredibly tedious. The ball at a specific angle to the hands, laces at a preferred spot, and many other subtle things no one gets. It's a position you'll only respect if you played it. 

The time and preparation for that position requires takes away the chances of other opportunities.

So, I suppose, it's possible but that it's not been attempted in the 30 years of the modern era is telling.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.