Mayor Pete

Irv

33 minutes ago, BillStime said:

You are sick.

The first response is warranted.

The second one however, is pretty awful to imply they adopted those kids for the purpose of molesting them.

• 2 weeks later...

This video of Pete Buttigieg is not from this morning. 

In the meantime, it's a good reminder of what Buttigieg thinks is most important when working on transportation in America.

Watching this it's hard to believe it's real life BUT then we're reminded this guy works for Biden who picked his entire cabinet based on what identity boxes people checked off so then again, maybe it's not all that hard to believe.

Take a gander yourselves:

https://twitchy.com/samj/2024/03/26/pete-buttigieg-racism-n2394408

On 7/3/2023 at 10:50 AM, The Frankish Reich said:

Look, there's nothing wrong with doing something -- setting up a website that won't handle requests for a gay marriage site, going into a cake-makers shop and announcing "we're a gay couple and we want you to bake a cake honoring our relationship," etc. -- for the purposes of setting up civil rights litigation. Either way. Rosa Parks never would've gotten anywhere if the courts had said "but you typically drive a car to work and don't need to take the bus, so we don't have to bother with your case."

The point here is about standing. Rosa Parks actually was told to move to the back of the bus. There was an actual person directly impacted by the law/policy. We're not so sure about the 303 case ...

But why do gay people in most situations and platforms have to announce their sexual orientation ? i for 1 DON'T CARE !! 

I feel if they would just go in order the dam cake and not announce their preferences there wouldn't be all this to do for nothing, but it seems they want to draw that attention to it for what ever reason . 

Years ago & today i know people that are gay but they just go about their business as it should be i don't run around yelling HEY IM HETEROSEXUAL ! Because it's not relevant peoples personal sexual preferences .

I was watching a very popular show recently and they had a person on it that was very noticeabley a gay person yet they had to go into a entire explanation about it and I DON'T CARE just do what you are there to do !

Why even go there is there a agenda, do they want the added attention, just live and let live there is absolutely NO reason to announce to the world things such as your sexual orientation ...

I know nothing about this particular case but it seems it's just another - LOOK AT ME THIS IS WHAT I WANT AND YOU SHOULD TOO WEATHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT - type of hype to it .

1 hour ago, T master said:

But why do gay people in most situations and platforms have to announce their sexual orientation ? i for 1 DON'T CARE !! 

I feel if they would just go in order the dam cake and not announce their preferences there wouldn't be all this to do for nothing, but it seems they want to draw that attention to it for what ever reason . 

Years ago & today i know people that are gay but they just go about their business as it should be i don't run around yelling HEY IM HETEROSEXUAL ! Because it's not relevant peoples personal sexual preferences .

I was watching a very popular show recently and they had a person on it that was very noticeabley a gay person yet they had to go into a entire explanation about it and I DON'T CARE just do what you are there to do !

Why even go there is there a agenda, do they want the added attention, just live and let live there is absolutely NO reason to announce to the world things such as your sexual orientation ...

I know nothing about this particular case but it seems it's just another - LOOK AT ME THIS IS WHAT I WANT AND YOU SHOULD TOO WEATHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT - type of hype to it .

I realize this is a response to a pretty old post, but ...

... it seems to me that Mayor Pete didn't do anything to call attention to his status as a gay man, other than simply stating that he was gay and then marrying another man. There's nothing ostentatious or show-offy or in-your-face about it. Yes, that may apply to others, but it doesn't apply to him.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I realize this is a response to a pretty old post, but ...

... it seems to me that Mayor Pete didn't do anything to call attention to his status as a gay man, other than simply stating that he was gay and then marrying another man. There's nothing ostentatious or show-offy or in-your-face about it. Yes, that may apply to others, but it doesn't apply to him.

You don't follow him on social media?  

The man is reviled in the FAA and airline industry.

Idiotic appointees who didn't survive basic Congressional hearings.

But..To his credit, he did use taxpayer dollars to eliminate anything "male" in the vernacular of various agencies, so we have that.

Total waste.

• Agree 3

3 hours ago, B-Man said:

This video of Pete Buttigieg is not from this morning. 

In the meantime, it's a good reminder of what Buttigieg thinks is most important when working on transportation in America.

Watching this it's hard to believe it's real life BUT then we're reminded this guy works for Biden who picked his entire cabinet based on what identity boxes people checked off so then again, maybe it's not all that hard to believe.

Take a gander yourselves:

Meanwhile, Trump officials including (Elaine Chao) did not visit the sites of any train derailments, even those involving fatalities.

• Haha (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, sherpa said:

The man is reviled in the FAA and airline industry.

Idiotic appointees who didn't survive basic Congressional hearings.

But..To his credit, he did use taxpayer dollars to eliminate anything "male" in the vernacular of various agencies, so we have that.

Total waste.

I have no idea if he's a good Transportation Secretary. That's one of the minor Cabinet positions that's always filled with political favors/identity picks, etc.

Trump: Elaine Chao. From very wealthy family. Mitch McConnell's wife. Political and identity choice.

Obama 2: Anthony Foxx (who)? Former mayor of Charlotte. Identity choice.

Obama 1: Ray LaHood, former Republican congressman. Political choice.

Bush 43-2: Mary Peters, online BA from University of Phoenix, former campaign chair for AZ Gov Jan Brewer. Political (and probably identity) pick

Bush 43-1: Norm Mineta, former Democratic congressman, identity and political pick

Clinton 2: Rodney Slater, Arkansas Clinton guy, identity and political pick

Clinton 1: Federico Pena, former Denver mayor, identity pick

Bush 41: Andrew Card, former campaign guy and Deputy Chief of Staff. Political pick

Enough. I'm even boring myself (waiting for a meeting to begin). Notice a pattern? Notice the lack of anyone who went on to greater things?

• Like (+1) 1

i hope your meeting went well.

Providing a history of Sects or Transportation, in no way, addresses the failure of this one.

He is a fool who has wasted time and money doing stupid non productive woke crap.

Everybody in the industry knows this.

Typical Biden appointee who fills the gay box, but is useless to the American taxpayer and the industry he serves.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

3 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I have no idea if he's a good Transportation Secretary. That's one of the minor Cabinet positions that's always filled with political favors/identity picks, etc.

Trump: Elaine Chao. From very wealthy family. Mitch McConnell's wife. Political and identity choice.

Obama 2: Anthony Foxx (who)? Former mayor of Charlotte. Identity choice.

Obama 1: Ray LaHood, former Republican congressman. Political choice.

Bush 43-2: Mary Peters, online BA from University of Phoenix, former campaign chair for AZ Gov Jan Brewer. Political (and probably identity) pick

Bush 43-1: Norm Mineta, former Democratic congressman, identity and political pick

Clinton 2: Rodney Slater, Arkansas Clinton guy, identity and political pick

Clinton 1: Federico Pena, former Denver mayor, identity pick

Bush 41: Andrew Card, former campaign guy and Deputy Chief of Staff. Political pick

Enough. I'm even boring myself (waiting for a meeting to begin). Notice a pattern? Notice the lack of anyone who went on to greater things?

I won't debate the exceptionalism of Mayor Pete, other than to say when they have to tag you with a catchy name like "Mayor Pete", you may be lacking in the credential's department.  

However:  "Elaine Chao" is reduced to "being from a very wealthy family" and married to Mitch McConnell?  

Educated at Dartmouth, Harvard MBA.  Executive at Bank of America and CitiBank.  Extensive experience in govt for Reagan and HW Bush. Director of Peace Corp. President of United Way. 

Jeesh. 

1 minute ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Educated at Dartmouth, Harvard MBA.  Executive at Bank of America and CitiBank.  Extensive experience in govt for Reagan and HW Bush. Director of Peace Corp. President of United Way.

And Mitch McConnell's wife. And no particular experience in any of the areas under the Dept of Transportation's domain, other than being the daughter of an extremely wealthy Taiwanese shipping magnate and using that to get an earlier government post in the obscure Maritime Administration.