Report: Bills allegedly privately open to trading Diggs "under the right circumstances"

Big Turk

14 hours ago, BillsFan692 said:

Diggs going after allen on sidelines during a team wide loser effort is indefensible and frankly its bizzare why anyone defends the behavior as "passion".

I think the phrase you meant to use was "sore loser" and -nobody- likes a sore loser. Also, diggs was pulling this sideline ***** before the cinn playoff game. Mcdermott had to get ahold of him one of the last games of the season.

Diggs has a history of selfish jan brady behavior so unsure why you cant see it for what it is.

Diggs is also a great WR one of the absolute best so your team find a way to put up with his ridiculous behavior or they wont.

I actually kind of agree with this.  Diggs teammates seem to recognize Diggs as a ball-hog who "makes good" by making great plays, so they tolerate and put a positive spin on it.  They also seem to say he's a good teammate week in, week out.

I agree that Diggs could find more positive, team-rallying ways to express that energy.

14 hours ago, BillsFan692 said:

The fact is he is a loser. They all are, he isnt any different. At least until they win something anyways...

This take, though, just seems bizarre.  I guess every player on every team in the league except the Superbowl winner, are losers who have won nothing, in your eyes?

17 minutes ago, SCBills said:

How have you quoted/mentioned me 3x over one post?

Relax.  My goodness. 

??  Don't inflate your stats.

You say something, it's fair game to point out the origin of the comparison.  Deal.

Edited by Beck Water

Is Josh taking a shot at Diggs ?

Josh Allen loves new receiver Trent Sherfield: Hard-working, doesn't complain

"I've loved what I've seen from Trent so far; the dude works extremely hard. He's one of the hardest-working guys on the team. Doesn’t complain about anything . He's rolling right now," Allen said, via Alaina Getzenberg of ESPN.

https://sports.yahoo.com/josh-allen-loves-receiver-trent-135952620.html?fr=sycsrp_catchall

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Shocked 1

4 minutes ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

"I've loved what I've seen from Trent so far; the dude works extremely hard. He's one of the hardest-working guys on the team. Doesn’t complain about anything . He's rolling right now," Allen said, via Alaina Getzenberg of ESPN.

https://sports.yahoo.com/josh-allen-loves-receiver-trent-135952620.html?fr=sycsrp_catchall

He’s not even subtle about it. lol

This should go over really well with Diggs. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, 90sBills said:

He’s not even subtle about it. lol

This should go over really well with Diggs. 

What are you even talking about?  

What's he not subtle about?  He's got a new target he likes.  You're basically ASSUMING what Allen is thinking and saying, and I can bet you you're incorrect.  Allen isn't going to publicly jab his teammate.

Just stop with this bs already.  It's old.

Edited by Blackbeard
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Blackbeard said:

What's he not subtle about?  He's got a new target he likes.  You're basically ASSUMING what Allen is thinking and saying, and I can bet you you're incorrect.  Allen isn't going to publicly jab his teammate.

You could be right.  Josh’s comments might have nothing to do with Diggs.  But there is no mistaking that the optics looks bad.

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Blackbeard said:

Yeah you’re right. A thin-skinned prima donna receiver like Diggs would probably agree with you. 

1 minute ago, BillsfaninSB said:

But there is no mistaking that the optics looks bad.

The "optics" look bad only to those trying to stir the pot.

There's nothing to see here.  Believe me.

3 minutes ago, 90sBills said:

Yeah you’re right. A thin-skinned prima donna receiver like Diggs would probably agree with you. 

You don't even know Diggs on a personal level bro.  You don't have any idea of what TRULY is going on.  YOU are assuming whatever you'd like.  

YOURE the problem.  The media is the problem. 

Keep up your spin though.  Watch other high end talent just FLOCK to the Bills.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BillsfaninSB said:

You could be right.  Josh’s comments might have nothing to do with Diggs.  But there is no mistaking that the optics looks bad.

"Optics look bad" if you see the situation as Diggs as the Big Man on Campus and Allen as Just Some Guy.

If Diggs keeps his antics up, he looks bad regardless of the outcome. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

No.  Reads like standard "praise the new guy" stuff to me.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Blackbeard said:

You don't even know Diggs on a personal level bro.  You don't have any idea of what TRULY is going on.  YOU are assuming whatever you'd like.  

I didn’t realized I have that much impact on the team. Truly flattered really. 

4 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Was better with NWA😎

Come on now, he was great in NWA but he became a star once he put out his own music.

Predator

Death Certificate

AmeriKKKas Most Wanted

Lethal Injection

bangers!

He was just a piece of NWA

I was never a fan of the "I wont choke like the Buffalo Bills" but other than that this song brings me back

Edited by TBBills Fan
  • Agree 1

51 minutes ago, Blackbeard said:

I agree with your point that people trying to make drama out of Allen praising a newly acquired Bills player seem to be pot-stirring

Also doubtful that anyone posting here knows Diggs on a personal level.

As for the final line though - are you implying that other high end talent won't "flock" to the Bills because of media and fans who you say are "the problem"?  That seems like a silly take, if so.   

I doubt top NFL talent gives too much of a damn about media coverage and fans.  Past events seem to indicate they care about 1) getting paid well 2) playing for a team that's likely to win a bunch, because losing sucks 3) receivers care somewhat about playing for a QB who can help them put up the numbers - though top receivers like Hill and Hopkins seem to believe they can "make" the QB. And there might be some reason to that- what was it Tyreek Hill said to a Miami reporter, "I could put up numbers with you throwing to me"?

Edited by Beck Water

2 hours ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

Yeah, that’s definitely a shot!  A gunshot to the dome pow!!!!  Diggs is dead to him 💯 

🙄 

30 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Was better with NWA😎

No chance.  Very good with NWA.  Took flight to super stardom solo

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 90sBills said:

Diggs is on such a different level than Sherfield right now that stuff like that probably doesn't register with him.

Let Sherfield start taking snaps or targets from him and then see.  Until then, I doubt Sherfield and praise of Sherfield are even on his radar.

And even if they were, the "Diggs is mad because DHop wasn't signed with the money freed up by re-negotiating his contract:" crowd should expect him to be pleased if one of the Bills signings looks like he might work out (and take some defensive attention from Diggs).

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Beck Water said:

Diggs is on such a different level than Sherfield right now that stuff like that probably doesn't register with him.

Let Sherfield start taking snaps or targets from him and then see.  Until then, I doubt Sherfield and praise of Sherfield are even on his radar.

And even if they were, the "Diggs is mad because DHop wasn't signed with the money freed up by re-negotiating his contract:" crowd should expect him to be pleased if one of the Bills signings looks like he might work out (and take some defensive attention from Diggs).

Agreed. My original comment was in jest. Didn’t think it would ruffle feathers. 

On 6/25/2023 at 12:24 AM, oldmanfan said:

So you think those three have done nothing this off-season to improve?  That they aren’t all in to win? Wasn’t Diggs just in France?  Come on now.  

Both could be true, Josh could be all in to win, but does he work as hard as he did after his rookie year? I have no idea if Diggs was in France, but if he was, so what. I'm not talking about one trip. I'm not saying they can't take a vacation. I'm just wondering about Josh's commitment when he's at every golf tournament. As a matter of fact he was at the tournament in Rochester and was interviewed on TV. All he could talk about was all the tournaments he was able to see and would see. He even lamented the one he would have to miss because of training camp. Then I see the rumors about him and Hailee Steinfeld and how they are seen about the town in NY. Does he still have the work ethic to get better, like he had when he made a meteoric improvement after his rookie year. I have no doubt he wants to win, but it takes a lot of work to stay at the top of your game and to even improve. I hope he proves me wrong. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/25/2023 at 10:26 PM, Aimee75 said:

This is such a dumb take. I am sorry, but it is. If we are going to complain about Allen dating a movie star and doing golf outings, we would have to do the same for Diggs and his modeling.

FWIW I have no issues with either. I have no worries about either of them regarding being focused and driven when it comes to Football, at all. They both prove it year in and out. Josh being in commercials did not hinder his performance last season. He was well in the MVP race till he got an elbow injury.

These guys are allowed to have lives and other interests in the off season.

This is such a dumb take. He was never really in the MVP race. Josh Allen had the most turnovers in the NFL in 2022. Let that sink in, THE MOST!! I never said they weren't allowed to have lives. I'm just commenting on what I have observed this off season. To be the best at something, it takes hard work. It takes commitment. As I've said, I hope I'm wrong. Also, if you want to have a conversation, don't start off by calling the other person dumb. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, first_and_ten said:

This is such a dumb take. He was never really in the MVP race. Josh Allen had the most turnovers in the NFL in 2022. Let that sink in, THE MOST!! I never said they weren't allowed to have lives. I'm just commenting on what I have observed this off season. To be the best at something, it takes hard work. It takes commitment. As I've said, I hope I'm wrong. Also, if you want to have a conversation, don't start off by calling the other person dumb. 

Brett Favre , Eli manning and Phillip Rivers all led the league in turnovers 

All 3 will be HoF

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/25/2023 at 1:55 AM, Doc Brown said:

Josh Allen showed up at all the voluntary OTA's.  Diggs didn't.  So to think that Diggs was trying to send a wake up call to Allen, McDermott, and Dorsey to work harder  to win next season like he does is laughable.  Come on man.  Stop making excuses for his selfish behavior.

Those were voluntary. Why people like to criticize players for not showing up to voluntary practice has always perplexed me. But anyway, we will see this year if it was selfish or a desire to win. I saw a guy in the Cincinnati game who was upset about losing. I didn't see that same passion in the rest of the offense that day. I still think this whole thing might end up helping the team. Remember the bickering Bills?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

3 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Brett Favre , Eli manning and Phillip Rivers all led the league in turnovers 

All 3 will be HoF

That is a good point except for Philip Rivers who was a no show for the most part in the playoffs. Also, Eli Manning kind of sucked, but won in the playoffs because of great defense and some clutch throws and great catches, but I do give him credit for those wins, just that he wouldn't have done it without that great defense. Favre was great and at times was terrible. He won one Super Bowl. I'm not sure The Bills will get even one with Josh Allen, because of the talent in the AFC.  

18 minutes ago, first_and_ten said:

That is a good point except for Philip Rivers who was a no show for the most part in the playoffs. Also, Eli Manning kind of sucked, but won in the playoffs because of great defense and some clutch throws and great catches, but I do give him credit for those wins, just that he wouldn't have done it without that great defense. Favre was great and at times was terrible. He won one Super Bowl. I'm not sure The Bills will get even one with Josh Allen, because of the talent in the AFC.  

It’s a team game ….

40 year old Philip Rivers balled out in the playoffs with the Colts against us… throwing dimes at 38

2 minutes ago, first_and_ten said:

He lost 🤦‍♂️

Not because of him lol and does team game not register ? It’s 1 of 52

Peyton Manning couldn’t do it all by himself … There’s a reason Eli refused to go to San Diego

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Not because of him lol and does team game not register ? It’s 1 of 52

Peyton Manning couldn’t do it all by himself … There’s a reason Eli refused to go to San Diego

He couldn't get it done in the clutch, go back and look at that game

1 minute ago, first_and_ten said:

He couldn't get it done in the clutch, go back and look at that game

Phillip rivers is going to the Hall of Fame and is better Then any quarterback the bills have ever had not named Kelly or Allen

We would’ve killed for Philip Rivers before Josh Allen

You’re acting like he’s Jay Cutler

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Phillip rivers is going to the Hall of Fame and is better Then any quarterback the bills have ever had not named Kelly or Allen

We would’ve killed for Philip Rivers before Josh Allen

You’re acting like he’s Jay Cutler

Bills have never had good quarterbacks not named Kelly or Allen. You might make a case for Ferguson. So really, you've gone way off topic

9 minutes ago, first_and_ten said:

Bills have never had good quarterbacks not named Kelly or Allen. You might make a case for Ferguson. So really, you've gone way off topic

Phillip rivers is better than a lot of teams best quarterbacks… 

Points stands he led the NFL in turnovers… So did Favre.. Peyton Manning and Eli Manning

And all are great quarterbacks

9 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Phillip rivers is better than a lot of teams best quarterbacks… 

Points stands he led the NFL in turnovers… So did Favre.. Peyton Manning and Eli Manning

And all are great quarterbacks

Like I said, you've taken this conversation on  new path. I never said Rivers was a bad quarterback. Why are we talking about Rivers? By the way, Rivers has not won a Super Bowl 

1 minute ago, first_and_ten said:

Like I said, you've taken this conversation on  new path. I never said Rivers was a bad quarterback. Why are we talking about Rivers? By the way, Rivers has not won a Super Bowl 

My original comment to you was because you were talking about how Allen led the league in turnovers

Which obviously isn’t good but it doesn’t mean he’s on some awful path

Then I named a bunch of great quarterbacks who also did the same… relevant 

8 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

My original comment to you was because you were talking about how Allen led the league in turnovers

Which obviously isn’t good but it doesn’t mean he’s on some awful path

Then I named a bunch of great quarterbacks who also did the same… relevant 

My whole point was not to say Allen was a bad quarterback, but that I'm not sure he's as focused as he was before

• Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, first_and_ten said:

Those were voluntary. Why people like to criticize players for not showing up to voluntary practice has always perplexed me. But anyway, we will see this year if it was selfish or a desire to win. I saw a guy in the Cincinnati game who was upset about losing. I didn't see that same passion in the rest of the offense that day. I still think this whole thing might end up helping the team. Remember the bickering Bills?

Come on man.  You made the claim that Allen wasn't as focused and committed as he was before and Diggs was calling him out on that.  Allen showing up at voluntary OTA's and Diggs not showing up kind of throws a wrench in your theory.

19 minutes ago, first_and_ten said:

My whole point was not to say Allen was a bad quarterback, but that I'm not sure he's as focused as he was before

This coming season is a critical one for him. His trajectory has taken a dip. Let’s see if he can turn it around in the right direction. 

• Shocked 1

15 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Come on man.  You made the claim that Allen wasn't as focused and committed as he was before and Diggs was calling him out on that.  Allen showing up at voluntary OTA's and Diggs not showing up kind of throws a wrench in your theory.

I said he may not be as focused as before because of all the distractions. Didn't you read where I said that I hope I am wrong? Allen HAS to show up at the voluntary OTAs. If he didn't, that would be a story, every though it's voluntary. Diggs not showing up for voluntary OTAs proves my point. He's making a statement. He wants a change somewhere. I think now they are listening. This may help in the long run.