Buffalo Sabres and NHL 2023-2024

Draconator

26 minutes ago, muppy said:

yes the red wings have lost 2 straight. Their fans must not be too happy right now.  

It's worse than that - Red Wings have lost 7 straight. Meanwhile my Islanders have been shutout twice in a row after they won 6 straight. I had left them for dead before the win streak, then was high as a kite last weekend - it's a roller coaster.

Still time for the Sabres to make a playoff push when your chasing teams like the Red Wings and Islanders.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Another big game on Saturday afternoon. Sabres at Red Wings. Another 4-point game and the Red Wings are slumping badly right now. A regulation win is needed here. The Isles play Ottawa at home Saturday afternoon and they "probably" will win that one. If they do, then the Sabres need to keep up with them.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Only if our wonderful coach didnt try and mess with things at the beginning of the year we are prob in the playoffs now, but what is done is done. Let's hope they make a nice push and sneak in!

• Agree 1

14 hours ago, ComradeKayAdams said:

What up, MUP?! I’m classic all the way! Three reasons why:

1. Our logo needs to have swords in it. We are the Buffalo SABRES, after all!

2. The birth of a white bison is a sacred sign to Native Americans, and upstate New York is the sacred land of the Haudenosaunee.

3. Blue and gold are the unofficial colors of New York state (though I’d be open to a change from royal blue to something like Columbia blue…to help distinguish us a bit from the Blues and Predators).

The red and black goatheads are a fun alternate uni, however. I’m not a hater. I even like the Buffaslug because of the childhood nostalgia lol…

BTW, I love the fact that you’re a complete Buffalo sports loyalist despite being a SoCal gal…and such an infectious optimist, too! When this franchise finally makes the playoffs, there will be an airport team greeting that will rival anything the Bills experienced. All the main pieces are in place right now. We just need to get Cozens and the Skinner-Thompson-Tuch line going like last year. Something like a 12-4-0 season finish is needed…tough, but not impossible.

since we have ESPN plus my exposure to hockey has exploded hence my recent interest. I've seen them live at  home many times and twice so far here  in socal.

but it was decades ago that I used to follow Sabres hockey. It was just too difficult or expensive out of market  to keep close contact/ interest

But I'm Back now. With a vengeance 🙂 Don't be a stranger . It will be a fun ride either way. At least for me. Hope springs eternal right? Right.

Go Sabres! 🙂

• Awesome! (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, muppy said:

since we have ESPN plus my exposure to hockey has exploded hence my recent interest. I've seen them live at  home many times and twice so far here  in socal.

but it was decades ago that I used to follow Sabres hockey. It was just too difficult or expensive out of market  to keep close contact/ interest

But I'm Back now. With a vengeance 🙂 Don't be a stranger . It will be a fun ride either way. At least for me. Hope springs eternal right? Right.

Go Sabres! 🙂

Are you saying you didn't follow them in 05-07?  That was an incredible time to be a Sabres fan! 

53 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

Are you saying you didn't follow them in 05-07?  That was an incredible time to be a Sabres fan! 

not that I do recall. Like I said I was checked out of hockey in general. Now Buffalo Bills football though... 🙂  I scraped the very barrel for info back in the day when we didn't have any social media as such. We pobrecitas would be clutched next to our TV in hopes for a Bills update of ANY kind. Scoured the news papers etc

I'm old and old school and TRYING to keep up with high tech as it is now. ESPN Plus is the CHERRY. The family now  wants a playoff berth as an excuse to party lmao

Go Sabres!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Nice to see the team play a solid, 60 minute game.  It's not going to be easy to get into a playoff spot AND KEEP IT, but it should be a fun run to the finish line anyway.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, muppy said:

to lessen the stress now? Is that it?

I dunno. I mean in football when a team is hot at playoff times you call that "Peaking"

so until proven otherwise Im clearly liking what Im seeing.  We can't change the past. They discovered the goalie they have in UPL for starters. I hope some of the more knowledgeable fans chime in here. 

I look at it basically as a newbie Sabres fan. Hope is alive 🙂 if the Sabres squeak into the playoffs that would be awesome.

I definitely believe that the road to a Cup is a lot more grueling than the road to a Lombardi …. You have to prevail in four seven game series - 16 wins.  I’d much rather have them jockeying for seeding at this stage rather then having to go all out just to secure the eighth seed ..yes they’ve been looking good recently, but mid season points count the same as March points. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Mar 16 2024

🏒 Buffalo Sabres @ Detroit Red Wings

9:30 AM - 12:30 PM PDT

Little Caesars Arena

Greetings Sabres fans. I would love a big DUB today. One game at a time

Go Sabres!

• Like (+1) 1

No Sabres on TV here . *******'s  Unavailable on my feed for whatever reason

I guess ESPN game cast is my viewing option ..... yeah that's tedious at best.

PIFFLE

Go Sabres.!

1 hour ago, BillsPride12 said:

Let's keep this thing rolling...Let's Go Buffalo! 

Very solid 1st period, loved when UPL chucked the guy in his property lol.

well shucks. 3-1 on away ice with less than 4 minutes to go is a tall order to fill. I cant watch the end . Detroit needed this win badly

It's just one game and Sabres have several to come.  Next game Monday.

Go Sabres 🙂

3 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

Just seeing this now...It was a solid 1st period indeed lol 

I hope we don't miss the playoffs by a couple of points again... I'd rather be out by 25. @#$%

• Agree 1

Good first period then they just totally collapsed once Detroit scored. 🤬

It’s going to be really tough for the Sabres to make up this loss. When you are playing a team you are chasing in the standings at this time of year, they are basically 4 point games.

Red Wings moved into the final wildcard spot with this win, and now sit 5pts ahead of the Sabres with 1 less game played.

Playoff odds are down to just over 3% now. 

• Angry 1

19 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Good first period then they just totally collapsed once Detroit scored. 🤬

It’s going to be really tough for the Sabres to make up this loss. When you are playing a team you are chasing in the standings at this time of year, they are basically 4 point games.

Red Wings moved into the final wildcard spot with this win, and now sit 5pts ahead of the Sabres with 1 less game played.

Playoff odds are down to just over 3% now. 

You can't dig a hole where you have to win 80% of your games in March to have a chance of sneaking into the playoffs.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1