Bills Sign Leonard Floyd

JGMcD2

7 minutes ago, Allen2Diggs said:

Phillips started the season playing like a wrecking ball, but that hamstring pull seemed to hold him back all year. 

I thought new era said no diggs!🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Couldn't resist...A2D

1 hour ago, MasterStrategist said:

If we ran a 3-4, sure...when is the last time we ran 5 DL personell?

I'd say our best pass rushing grouping, is what @NewEraalready said.

Not as a base package.  A pressure package with your top 3 DE's and arguably top 2 DT's 

1 hour ago, Solomon Grundy said:

I'd rather Jordan Phillips than Ed to be honest 

Well thankfully we have some good players to rotate with

DaQuan or Poona can line up with either Oliver or Phillips 

1 hour ago, Allen2Diggs said:

Phillips started the season playing like a wrecking ball, but that hamstring pull seemed to hold him back all year. 

Shoulder too. Dude couldn't put his arm out straight. Looked bordering on dislocating.

As a 1 armed man, how tf you gunna push 300lb brick walls around like that? U aint

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, MasterStrategist said:

If we ran a 3-4, sure...when is the last time we ran 5 DL personell?

I'd say our best pass rushing grouping, is what @NewEraalready said.

It looks to me like we have the makings of a consistent steady pass rush all game while still being able to sub guys in and out

It’s gonna be interesting because I think McDermott is going to be way more aggressive

• Agree 3

4 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

It looks to me like we have the makings of a consistent steady pass rush all game while still being able to sub guys in and out

It’s gonna be interesting because I think McDermott is going to be way more aggressive

I think when it comes to the pass rush McDermott won't be afraid to be as aggressive as he needs to be.

I still see him wanting to get pressure with 4 and drop 7. From there I think he brings a 5th rusher at times with some strategy. 

However, unlike Frazier, I believe that if he sees pressure isn't getting there with 4 he will adjust and get pressure another way. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

On 6/8/2023 at 6:08 PM, Prospector said:

I’m just going to down vote any weirdo who keeps talking about Diggs in this thread… I would have down voted this post also, except I’m going to say L. Floyd FTW!!! So now we are back on topic.   

page 28 got a lot of down thumbs. 

maybe some mod may be able to give warnings to people for taking this off topic

What the hell is a down vote?

Is it one of those reactions? Does any grown man here give a rats butt about those things?  My god.

• Dislike 8

28 minutes ago, boyst said:

What the hell is a down vote?

Is it one of those reactions? Does any grown man here give a rats butt about those things?  My god.

I down voted this comment 😊

LOL

when we get pages discussing something completely off subject in a thread it can be a bit irritating.

I come back to the Floyd OP to read Floyd stuff.

2 minutes ago, boyst said:

@3rdand12 💩

🤣

👍

2 hours ago, Prospector said:

You got 4 of them. That should clear that up for you. 

That's a dislike. But, it's still to the point. Who cares? We ain't all gonna disagree and think alike. If we did that then we would just be... Wait can't go there. Crud. The best jokes are so inappropriate.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

12 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

Can Floyd play either side ? Does he favor rushing from the Miller side or the Greg R side.
read he can drop into zone a bit which is cool with his length and height !

All 3 of them seem to prefer to rush against the right side of the line.    

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

All 3 of them seem to prefer to rush against the right side of the line.    

I thought Greg lined up over the left Tackle mostly. But thats mostly in deference to Miller I suppose.

Once Miller is one the field again , what do expect the rotations will look like ? Is Floyd going to be the Pass rusher or play early downs as well ?

1 minute ago, 3rdand12 said:

I thought Greg lined up over the left Tackle mostly. But thats mostly in deference to Miller I suppose.

Once Miller is one the field again , what do expect the rotations will look like ? Is Floyd going to be the Pass rusher or play early downs as well ?

Rousseau lines up over the RT.   Miller always preferred that side but played over the LT last year and he's so good it really doesn't matter.    Floyd isn't quite the pass rusher that Miller is so I'm sure they'd prefer to get him some rushes against RT's.

But I am thinking a "young" line of Rousseau-Poona-Oliver-Epenesa and an "old" line of Floyd-Jones-Phillips-Miller.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Rousseau lines up over the RT.   Miller always preferred that side but played over the LT last year and he's so good it really doesn't matter.    Floyd isn't quite the pass rusher that Miller is so I'm sure they'd prefer to get him some rushes against RT's.

But I am thinking a "young" line of Rousseau-Poona-Oliver-Epenesa and an "old" line of Floyd-Jones-Phillips-Miller.

I dont know.  Healthy its Rousseasu Oliver Jones Miller

Floyd Phillips Ford Epenesa

Pass Rush package 

Miller Oliver Rousseasu Floyd

I think the rotation is improved.  McDermott's simulated and actual blitzes makes these matchups difficult.  The addition of Floyd makes it easier to put Miller on Ir or pup.  I think he might actually for the teams hand and start the season.  This allows to use him as situational pass rusher.  Floyd is as good or better a run defender but an upgrade on rushing over everyone below him on the roster.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Most top notch rushers line over the RT now 

the differences are there but more nuances 

The most success over right tackles… Is usually speed to power… that’s why von is so good … His best Rush move … Is his speed rush to Power bullrush… speed to power 

Most success over left tackles is power to speed since they already move well … Bulrush to dip and rip

Obviously Von can do both but a lot of players struggle

• Like (+1) 2