The Pride Flag

On 6/7/2023 at 11:26 AM, HomeskillitMoorman said:

I appreciate the honesty and your willingness to have an in-depth discussion here. It's interesting to me because I was raised Catholic and these were some of the things that were taught to me when I was young. I'm now agnostic, open to really anything being possible but pretty much just trying to live a good life with what I consider moral values and wait for the facts, if there are any after I die...which was always a crazy thing to me that in many forms of Catholicism or Christianity just waiting for the facts to play out is a one-way ticket to eternal suffering and damnation. 

But to stay on topic...first it's the whole choice part. I don't remember any kind of moment in my childhood where I made some kind of choice to be heterosexual. It was just there. I imagine it's the same thing for someone who is homosexual or bisexual. Maybe you agree on that and meant choice as in what you do with that, I don't know. 

So lets say for a second that I agreed with you on the way God "intended" for things to be or even the universe or whatever, that either way we were created as male and female to procreate and keep the race going as you said. Acknowledging that doesn't change what gender I'm attracted to. If it was the other way around and males had to have sex with males to procreate and the same with females but I was attracted to females...acknowledging and taking in this notion about how things were intended to be wouldn't make me want to go bang dudes or be attracted to them or want a marriage with them. I would still want a female partner. 

That's likely how homosexuals feel. There might be many of them who would even agree with you that maybe this wasn't "meant" to happen...but it did and what are they supposed to do? To them, being with the opposite gender would be like forcing a square peg into a round hole. 

The original message from the non-extremists of the LGBTQ+ and Pride community was that they can offer a space to people looking for community that doesn't admonish them for this. When I was growing up, I did know kids especially in the Catholic circle that were shunned by their families for being gay and it was really confusing and painful for them because they didn't choose that, and some of them did find community in people that told them that it was OK and it wasn't their fault and they can still be proud of who they are. Have some people turned it into making it their entire identity? Yeah, and I don't like that for anything. I would say the same thing for people of any group. There are far right-wing MAGA people who have turned that into their whole identity. There's Bills fans that I think take football way too seriously and get literally get depressed about the team, they take it extremely personally because they're so ingrained with all of this. 

I don't think it's wrong to tell kids that it's OK to have same-sex attraction if that's what they have once they get to that age where you talk about that stuff. I'm not arguing against that certain people are talking to kids about that stuff in general at too early an age...maybe they are. But I don't think it's wrong to tell kids that are old enough or asking about this that in simple terms it is normal for someone to be homosexual if that's what their attraction is.

I don't see why two same-gender people can't love each other just like a heterosexual couple. If it's about procreation...there are a lot of heterosexual couples, and it's a growing number, that simply choose not to have kids. What makes that different?

I'm not for brainwashing kids on anything. I think people take it way too far with indoctrinating their kids with religion or anything else that's not rooted in the facts that we currently have, but people are free to do what they want as parents. But I do think it's hypocritical when that religious side is the one that's largely talking about indoctrination when they do the exact same thing, they just believe their side is right. 

You may consider it hypocritical but i think those parents be it through their religious beliefs of not are teaching there children the "intended" version of life meaning the way things are meant to be & that being weather you are or are not a believer .

If you raise a child in that way & later when they are old enough to decide or follow their personal feelings towards someone of the same sex then go for it but for the gov't or even a parent to teach or believe that a child can make a decision about their sexuality at a age that is even before the age of recognition is just wrong .

A 2 year old can not make that decision but a parent can & in todays world have made children of both genders believe they are one way or the other or indoctrinate them to think in a different way before they can decide for them selves .

There was a father in Texas that was divorced they had a son & the boys mom was dressing him up in girls clothes because she wanted to have a girl the boy told his dad what his mom would do when they were at home & the boy was young to young to even know what sex was but the mother pushed him in one direction . If that is what happens i feel that is wrong .

If a child rom say birth to a younger teen is taught the intention of the human race that being males being with females then later have a interest in their own gender and can make that decision independent of a parent or a outsiders opinion & it is their own then i'm good with it .

But there are those that think it's not right to let a young child drive, vote, marry, buy a gun, but they can make a choice to about what their gender is or to change their body or their sexuality & as with other "Adult decisions" there are some decisions that need to be made at a age closer to adult hood .

On 6/6/2023 at 7:49 PM, BillStime said:

Fn idiots

image.thumb.jpeg.b2c9431f8cf1b316db84d3c6d65632bb.jpeg

These commies desire to erase GLBTQ will backfire in their faces.

Americans are tired of the BS.

They are no more a idiot for their beliefs than you are for what you believe & the narrative that you choose to believe . If all things were looked at with no bias which it isn't things would be much different .

But because some choose to have opinions based on hate & bias of their personal beliefs rather than even considering facts that are brought before them is in some ways the same as being blind to the truth .

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, T master said:

They are no more a idiot for their beliefs than you are for what you believe & the narrative that you choose to believe . If all things were looked at with no bias which it isn't things would be much different .

But because some choose to have opinions based on hate & bias of their personal beliefs rather than even considering facts that are brought before them is in some ways the same as being blind to the truth .

yep 

There is no doubt.  

This is a secular religion.  

The true followers of this new religion are deep rooted in narcissism and the self.  

Its corporate spirituality endorsed/promoted by world governments to be consumed by the masses. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 6/9/2023 at 7:28 AM, BillsFanNC said:

I agree. Police organizations, like the military, should be apolitical. The pride flag has no place here. Likewise, police agencies and organizations should not officially endorse political candidates or engage in activities that could be perceived as endorsements of political parties. 

• Like (+1) 3

32 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

I have zero pride when I see this flag…in fact, my d!ck shrivels up more and more every time I see it…Call it a natural reflex, if you will…😉

I don't doubt this.  It's what happens to me when I see a rebel flag.  I don't understand it but I don't want to outlaw it or punish those waving it.

• Vomit 1

And these idiots wonder why LGTBQ suicide rates are so high.

Just another thread to validate their hate.

Who cares that they no doubt have family and friends who are lgtbq and would never ever behave like this in front of them. 

Disgusting.

5 hours ago, BillStime said:

And these idiots wonder why LGTBQ suicide rates are so high.

Just another thread to validate their hate.

Who cares that they no doubt have family and friends who are lgtbq and would never ever behave like this in front of them. 

Disgusting.

Do you not realize that Transgenderism is a mental illness, it is literally someone claiming that they are not what they biologically are, mentally ill people without true support to healthy mental health  have a  very high chance of suicide. 

5 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

Do you not realize that Transgenderism is a mental illness, it is literally someone claiming that they are not what they biologically are, mentally ill people without true support to healthy mental health  have a  very high chance of suicide. 

So Doctor School Janitor - what should we do with these folks?

41 minutes ago, BillStime said:

So Doctor School Janitor - what should we do with these folks?

give them mental health care. And as you agree when their brains are fully developed past the age of 18 only then can they take part in any permanent body modification. We want them to live long healthy lives. Just waiting a few years until they’re adults isn’t asking a whole lot when we hope they live long lives.