The Dodgers cave to anti Catholic LGBT group

Listen carefully, children, so you may understand the concept of nuance.

- Bud Light (godawful sh!te beer anyway) paying some person I never heard of before to promote their brand: why should anyone care? I do not believe the foods and drinks I consume are for purposes of signaling my political or cultural beliefs. I wasn't a huge fan of Chick-Fil-A funding anti-gay marriage groups; I still got their food from time to time. I'm not a huge fan of Hobby Lobby and some of their political takes; I took my kids there many, many times to get stuff for school projects. To raise a big fuss about who a company employs to promote their products, or about the political beliefs of an actor in a movie? That's what we expect the left to do. We call that out-of-control wokism when it comes from the left. Oh no, I won't allow Spotify to stream my music because they pay Joe Rogan to do a podcast with material I sometimes find offensive!

Generally silly whichever political side you find yourself on. Don't drink crappy beer. Life's too short.

- The Dodgers disinviting, then reinviting the Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence. Unfunny/obvious satirical group poking fun at a dying institution, Catholic nuns. Wasn't funny when they'd show up at parades when I lived in San Francisco, is even less funny and more obvious now. But the whole point is poking fun at a religious institution. Simple question: change the religion being ridiculed; would you still think it's appropriate? The Brothers of the Perpetual Taliban? Umm, no. The Orange Buddhist Monks of the Perpetual Lentil? Obviously not. The Rabbinical Brotherhood of the Perpetual Circumcision? Ouch. No, No, and No. So the Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence is simply not an appropriate satirical group to invite to your Dodger Pride Day festivities, because they are not celebrating "pride" (which I traditionally read as "I am not ashamed to be LGBT so I will march openly to display my identity as such"), but rather are ridiculing someone else. We are used to this in football (isn't this still a football forum?). You celebrate after scoring a touchdown by doing a dance with a teammate? You celebrate by doing a dance around a defensive player who fell to the turf trying to break up a pass? Penalty, because that's taunting. This is taunting. The other one is celebrating.

Two different scenarios, two different answers. 

Edited by The Frankish Reich

2 hours ago, Gene Frenkle said:

Shouldn't that priest have an alter boy or two, for accuracy's sake?

I love how you morons talk about trans people not being real, but then kneel down every day to a guy who "rose from the dead" like a zombie after three days. Then you celebrate by literally eating his body and drinking his blood like a vampire. You literally believe that. Totally more plausible than someone being trans. No wonder you're all such easy marks.

Choose tolerance, Frenx.  And it’s “altar”, ya maroon.  

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Westside said:

Simmer down old lady

Am I wrong, gangsta?

6 hours ago, JDHillFan said:

Any interest in sharing your thoughts on Muhammad?

Yeah, eff em all!

6 hours ago, BillsFanNC said:

@Gene Frenkle

What is a woman?

Don't tell me, you're not a biologist.

:lol:

Friggin morons.

Why do you care so much what other people want to do if they're not hurting you or yours, old man?

4 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Choose tolerance, Frenx.  And it’s “altar”, ya maroon.  

It's actually BS, but it's your fairy tale, not mine. Your god is a lie. 

6 hours ago, Gene Frenkle said:

Am I wrong, gangsta?

Yeah, eff em all!

Why do you care so much what other people want to do if they're not hurting you or yours, old man?

It's actually BS, but it's your fairy tale, not mine. Your god is a lie. 

Then let it be mine, and yours be yours.  That’s the point of tolerance.  Live, let live.  Consider, for a moment, if we all stopped being less Frenkle, and more Friendkle? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Gay, straight, bi, trans, ***** etc. I do not give a flip about any of those groups and what individuals may or may not do behind closed doors.

Now, when any group begins promoting the sexualization of CHILDREN, then I do give a flip. Then it's no longer a live and let live situation.

That the @Gene Frenkle of PPP continue to ignore this blatantly obvious truth, or worse actually support sexualizing children, should tell everyone all they need to know about these posters.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

59 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Then let it be mine, and yours be yours.  That’s the point of tolerance.  Live, let live.  Consider, for a moment, if we all stopped being less Frenkle, and more Friendkle? 

A worthy vision of what might be.  But I'd argue that's already what the left claims to preach, inclusion and diversity.  Those words seem aligned with tolerance.  But in woke practice inclusion and diversity are just the opposite.  What I object to is just how dishonest the entire movement is in practice.  Diversity and inclusion, "all are welcome".  That's the message.  

But I assure everyone that if you came to their huddle with views and arguments that disagreed and conflicted with their views you would not be welcome.  You would be attacked.  You would not be tolerated.  You would be silenced.  The fact they need to hide behind a curtain of deceit raises a lot of suspicions that they're not really interesting in tolerance, inclusion, and diversity.  Rather intolerance, exclusion, and uniformity.  Like almost every social and political movement its a big con.   

I should have added.  The right has called for boycotts and protests against the Dodgers but if the left was displeased by something the Dodgers did or didn't do they would not engage in a boycott of the team.  They'd demand MLB remove the LA franchise from the league.   

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

A worthy vision of what might be.  But I'd argue that's already what the left claims to preach, inclusion and diversity.  Those words seem aligned with tolerance.  But in woke practice inclusion and diversity are just the opposite.  What I object to is just how dishonest the entire movement is in practice.  Diversity and inclusion, "all are welcome".  That's the message.  

But I assure everyone that if you came to their huddle with views and arguments that disagreed and conflicted with their views you would not be welcome.  You would be attacked.  You would not be tolerated.  You would be silenced.  The fact they need to hide behind a curtain of deceit raises a lot of suspicions that they're not really interesting in tolerance, inclusion, and diversity.  Rather intolerance, exclusion, and uniformity.  Like almost every social and political movement its a big con.   

I should have added.  The right has called for boycotts and protests against the Dodgers but if the left was displeased by something the Dodgers did or didn't do they would not engage in a boycott of the team.  They'd demand MLB remove the LA franchise from the league.   

Look, I worked hard for that Frendkle set up and you’re walking all over it!  

Absent interacting with crazies, which has happened a few times in my life, I find people are much more willing to engage in respectful dialogue face to face.   I’m never going to convince a hard core activist on either side of the debate, but I’m not really interested in their views anyways. 

My liberal friends have every right to point out Trump’s inadequacies, and there are things I think politically that have some legs.  His decision not to reel are his tax returns, for example.  Never mind they were never going to show anything beyond he’s a wealthy guy filing the tax returns of the wealthy.

On the other hand, in personal conversations, when confronted with mountains of evidence that Dems claimed Trump was not a legitimate president, was elected after a coup, and guilty of treason—-really, what can they say?   

I’m completely ready, willing and able to handle the Dems are innocent of such things, but it never happens.   

23 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Look, I worked hard for that Frendkle set up and you’re walking all over it!  

Absent interacting with crazies, which has happened a few times in my life, I find people are much more willing to engage in respectful dialogue face to face.   I’m never going to convince a hard core activist on either side of the debate, but I’m not really interested in their views anyways. 

My liberal friends have every right to point out Trump’s inadequacies, and there are things I think politically that have some legs.  His decision not to reel are his tax returns, for example.  Never mind they were never going to show anything beyond he’s a wealthy guy filing the tax returns of the wealthy.

On the other hand, in personal conversations, when confronted with mountains of evidence that Dems claimed Trump was not a legitimate president, was elected after a coup, and guilty of treason—-really, what can they say?   

I’m completely ready, willing and able to handle the Dems are innocent of such things, but it never happens.   

Sorry for that!  

• Haha (+1) 1

You gotta love the masturbatory fantasies of this particular poster. Does anyone spend a higher percentage of his time browsing images of these things? Every man hates what he has to deny.

(And then tagging people he pretends to ignore is just special)

Edited by The Frankish Reich
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

4 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

You gotta love the masturbatory fantasies of this particular poster. Does anyone spend a higher percentage of his time browsing images of these things? Every man hates what he has to deny.

Anything to distract from the mess on aisle 45.

• Dislike 1

35 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

And yet no comment on the post itself? Seems like that subject might be a-ok in your world.

• Thank you (+1) 3

21 minutes ago, wnyguy said:

And yet no comment on the post itself? Seems like that subject might be a-ok in your world.

Ignore the troll. Please don't quote me in your responses as it gives the troll an opportunity to performatively "ignore."

No substantive comment on my suggestion that some people just seem obsessed with thinking about the sexual practices of others?

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

14 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Would any sports team even dream of honoring a group that used sexual deviancy to mock Jews or Muslims?

But apparently the Dodgers think they can get away with using sexual perversion to mock Catholics.

• Like (+1) 1

@The Frankish Reich how's that sweaty dimlit corner where you mutter about DR and qanon constantly?

I read only posts of yours that unfortunately get quoted by others.

But don't you worry your little DR obsessed head over it. I'll keep right on tagging AND ignoring you.

It has the extra benefit of clearly getting under your skin, which is nice.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Would any sports team even dream of honoring a group that used sexual deviancy to mock Jews or Muslims?

But apparently the Dodgers think they can get away with using sexual perversion to mock Catholics.

A buddy of mine was coaching my son’s little league team and decided to try the hard-a$$ approach.  He told the kids that if there were any errors in practice, the player who made the error was going to the bench.  

As luck would have it, a few minutes in my son had a hot shot at shortstop, made a nice play on the ball but his throw to first was down and low and 1st baseman didn’t snag it.  “Skin-nerd, hit the bench you redneck son-of-a-b&tch!” and off my son went, devastated and feeling he let the team and his coach down.  As assistant coach, in the dugout, my tough little lad tearing up, I whispered rather forcefully  “Stop crying, pull it together, it will be fine.” as Dads tend to do. 

Couple play later, his replacement, probably the best athlete on the team, now in at short, Es on a routine grounder.  I watch the coach, he shakes his head and turns away, practice continues, no visit to the bench for the lad. 

Later on, couple days later,  we get talking and the coach says “Lehn, you Gimme Back My Bullets  mo’fo, you seemed pretty angry when I pulled your son.”.  

My response was “No, I wasn’t upset you pulled my son, he’ll be fine and it’s a good life lesson.  You’re the head coach and while I thought your plan was extreme, it’s your call.  I was angry when Steve bobbled the play and you pretended it didn’t happen. That was poor leadership and bad coaching.  You make your bones when the rules apply to every player, especially the leaders.” 

His response was “You’re absolutely right. I’ll talk to Junior Lehn.”  I told him it wasn’t necessary, that it was a great life lesson anyway you sliced it.  I did suggest that in the future, maybe the $&@&ing first $&@&ing baseman could get his &&@&ing head out of his $&@& ass and stop worrying about impressing the $&@&ing girls and staring at the $&@&ing clouds in he’d have scooped the $@@&ing ball like a g-d first baseman gets paid to do!  

Anyway, launching a crusade against people extremely unlikely to  slice your head off in retaliation follows the same life lesson imo.  It’s pretty soft in the big picture, as those people tend to be. 

While I have taken some creative liberty with my story, the essence is 100% accurate. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1