RIP Chuck (Ravens Superfan)

SCBills

I didn't know who this was so I read through the comments. I guess people were mean to him and drove him off of social media and then he ended his own life. Incredibly sad to read that especially when there's kids involved. Absolutely heartbreaking. RIP 

29 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

I didn't know who this was so I read through the comments. I guess people were mean to him and drove him off of social media and then he ended his own life. Incredibly sad to read that especially when there's kids involved. Absolutely heartbreaking. RIP 

Cyber bulllying, highly problematic, especially for young people.

• Like (+1) 2

53 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Cyber bulllying, highly problematic, especially for young people.

It's no different than bullying ever was. We have just taught kids that sticks and stones, and words and names all hurt the same. 

Dude needed help beyond online bullies.  That's a cop out absolving him of his decision

4 minutes ago, BUFFALOBART said:

You are fortunate that you do not walk, in the Shoes of Despair.

You are fortunate your opinion matters no less or more than my opinion of yours. See how that works?  Especially walking in blind to such a presumptuous statement 🤘🤘🤘

Edit. Also because you deserve snark... That comma of yours... Are you saying that I do not walk? And then you say the shoes of despair? Is this a title to a book? What does it have to do with my ability to walk? I am fortunate to walk in the education of being capable of  language I guess

Edited by boyst
  • Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, boyst said:

It's no different than bullying ever was. We have just taught kids that sticks and stones, and words and names all hurt the same. 

Dude needed help beyond online bullies.  That's a cop out absolving him of his decision

You are fortunate your opinion matters no less or more than my opinion of yours. See how that works?  Especially walking in blind to such a presumptuous statement 🤘🤘🤘

Edit. Also because you deserve snark... That comma of yours... Are you saying that I do not walk? And then you say the shoes of despair? Is this a title to a book? What does it have to do with my ability to walk? I am fortunate to walk in the education of being capable of  language I guess

It is 100% different than bullying used to be. 

People can’t escape cyber bullying.

Imagine a kid being bullied in school.  He/She at least gets a reprieve when they go home.  

Now they go home and see social media discourse & Tik Tok’s making fun of them from classmates. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Imagine a kid being bullied in school.  He/She at least gets a reprieve when they go home.  

Now they go home and see social media discourse & Tik Tok’s making fun of them from classmates. 

There is also the implication that mere words are trivial, whereas sticks and stones really hurt. We've created a savage world that is belied by technological sophistication. And really, what heartless contempt for some to simply dismiss the fella. Who knows what all is behind it, but at minimum perhaps don't rush to judgment and go spouting off. If you can't show any instinctive care, maybe try the reserve of silence. 

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, boyst said:

That's such a hardline to take. Some can't escape their past or meet good people that will let them escape their past.

I feel sorry for the guy. Yeah... He let his family down... But really?

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

Kids do not need to be on social media. All of those devices have a power button and those have to use etc can be limited. The cyberbullying nonsense is also on the parents that enabled our kids to have iPhones at 12 years old

44 minutes ago, BUFFALOBART said:

It was a simple comment, without malice.

Sad, that you are so hostile.

Too bad, for you.

Simple sure but it was clearly aimed. 

1 hour ago, Dr. Who said:

There is also the implication that mere words are trivial, whereas sticks and stones really hurt. We've created a savage world that is belied by technological sophistication. And really, what heartless contempt for some to simply dismiss the fella. Who knows what all is behind it, but at minimum perhaps don't rush to judgment and go spouting off. If you can't show any instinctive care, maybe try the reserve of silence. 

So the same words that you're using to Target people who criticize this dude by voice in your opinion on the Internet is no different than those who agreed with this guy?  

I am hardly mature, holed absolutely no sophistication, and generally heartless but I don't hold a contempt for you. And I'm not going to dismiss what you say. I'm just going to chalk it up as 30 seconds I spent in my day having no greater significance. We disagree. 

58 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

That's such a hardline to take. Some can't escape their past or meet good people that will let them escape their past.

I feel sorry for the guy. Yeah... He let his family down... But really?

Since my statement that this guy was a jerk attracted these statements, the truth is yes you are correct. There is a lot going on in this world that is causing mental health issues. Social media is a big part of it. It is is a tragedy which strikes men.  there are a lot of issues which surround that definition these days and just what it means to be successful as a man

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

I feel so bad for kids growing up in this S***hole world we're living in now 

• Agree 3

7 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

I feel so bad for kids growing up in this S***hole world we're living in now 

Hard to escape, repair their reputation.  Must be suffocating to be young and in that predicament.  It's like the whole world 24/7/365 is in their bedroom! The village, community knows it all!

Edited by ExiledInIllinois
  • Agree 3

29 minutes ago, boyst said:

Kids do not need to be on social media. All of those devices have a power button and those have to use etc can be limited. The cyberbullying nonsense is also on the parents that enabled our kids to have iPhones at 12 years old

Simple sure but it was clearly aimed. 

So the same words that you're using to Target people who criticize this dude by voice in your opinion on the Internet is no different than those who agreed with this guy?  

I am hardly mature, holed absolutely no sophistication, and generally heartless but I don't hold a contempt for you. And I'm not going to dismiss what you say. I'm just going to chalk it up as 30 seconds I spent in my day having no greater significance. We disagree. 

Intelligent folks will generally take a person more seriously if they show at least an average level of empathy.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.