A man named Allen

Chandler#81

4 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

Damn getting old... JK before your time???... whered the time go?  OJ imo GOAT running back... pos post NFL... Jimbo great but not GOAT... Thurman one of the great all purpose backs... Bruuuuce... nuff said Reed up there... Allen still making a case but has a ways to go...

Before my time watching the NFL. I didn't start watching the NFL until a trip to the US when I was 18 in 2002. I am just about old enough to remember Jim playing but I wasn't interested in the sport in those days. Was soccer, cricket and cycling only back then. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, mrags said:

Your screen name says it all. There’s no changing your mind in the subject. But you are wrong. Kelly was good, maybe even great. But Allen is a superstar. Not just one of the best at his position for his time. Possibly the best at his position and possibly the best player in the league. 

Allen 100% better than Kelly. 

and you commented about the talent in those teams then talk about the talent on the team during the drought years? The talent in the team during the drought years is about the same as the talent was at QB at those times. Pretty much non existent. The Bills had about 5 decent players in their 17 year drought. 

Nothing but love for you fellow Bills fan. Yes, my screen name references the leader of a perfected offensive philosophy (Bengals started it, Bills refined it) that took the league by storm (coincidentally used for a full game for the 1st time against Cunningham in ‘90), which a barely good to great QB required to act as his own OC on the field could not have mastered, imho. Again, undefeated in playoffs against each and every QB you threw out there as better than him, just saying. 😉 If we have to agree to disagree, so be it!

6 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

The NFL Hall Of FAME is on the phone. They’d like a word with you.. 🤦‍♂️

You are missing my point while players like Kelly, Thomas, Reed are all great players and, in the HOF, they are not in the conversation for best at their position all time. Bruce and OJ are in that conversation. As for the Bills organization #78 and #32 are the greatest defensive and offensive players in the teams history. AINEC.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 2

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Before my time watching the NFL. I didn't start watching the NFL until a trip to the US when I was 18 in 2002. I am just about old enough to remember Jim playing but I wasn't interested in the sport in those days. Was soccer, cricket and cycling only back then. 

Yikes! I think I have some pants that are older than you. 😂 I admire how much you’ve gotten into it in such a short time. 

1 - never in a million year did I expect Allen to be this good. Shout out to him and the bills.

2 - all modern stats need to be taken with a grain of salt. I would love to see Randall Cunningham or Steve Young in this era. 

3 - I know he’s hated by a lot here but Cam was such a beast. There was a stat that not one skill player  he played with on offense ever took a snap in the nfl. I hate the idea of telling Allen not to fight for every year but Cams story is a cautionary tale.

either way, we are very lucky fans to have him. Unless he tries to take my lady. Then, the bills won’t have a starting qb anymore. 🥹

7 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

1 - never in a million year did I expect Allen to be this good. Shout out to him and the bills.

2 - all modern stats need to be taken with a grain of salt. I would love to see Randall Cunningham or Steve Young in this era. 

3 - I know he’s hated by a lot here but Cam was such a beast. There was a stat that not one skill player  he played with on offense ever took a snap in the nfl. I hate the idea of telling Allen not to fight for every year but Cams story is a cautionary tale.

either way, we are very lucky fans to have him. Unless he tries to take my lady. Then, the bills won’t have a starting qb anymore. 🥹

Imagine Joe Montana in this era? wow... 

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

you know, I have to come back to your reply of being serious now on the conversation of the bolded. You talk about Modern stats need to be taken with a grain of salt and to an extent. If you want to bring one specific player back.. you need to bring back the same team back as well. So lets bring as I gave an example of Montana right?

You are bringing back that same line, same WR's and same RB.   I would argue that, THAT 49 team would not have a chance in hell against a team of today. Excuse the expression but they "Build" them bigger, faster, more agile and way stronger than they did in that era. Please do not single out specific players as an example of this but as a whole. Defenses are way faster as a whole then they were back then. Defensive Schemes are more technical then most back then. 

Bring a Montana team against a Current Buffalo Team or a Current Eagles, Cinci or KC team And I am here to say they would not have a chance in heck against them.

IF it takes THIS long to break some of these records, then it took this long for good reason.

In short, In general I agree with your point... but bring back the team that stood with those QB's you named and how you think they do against a good team of today? I stand by it saying they would not have a chance in heck. 

4 hours ago, Gregg said:

You are missing my point while players like Kelly, Thomas, Reed are all great players and, in the HOF, they are not in the conversation for best at their position all time. Bruce and OJ are in that conversation. As for the Bills organization #78 and #32 are the greatest defensive and offensive players in the teams history. AINEC.

I can’t miss a point where there isn’t one.

#5 in jersey sales right now. Rodgers is #1.

NFL Rumors on Twitter: "The #NFL Top 10 Selling Jerseys in April: 1. #Jets Aaron Rodgers 2. #Eagles Jalen Hurts 3. #Chiefs Patrick Mahomes 4. #Ravens Odell Beckham Jr. 5. #Bills Josh Allen 6. #Chiefs Travis Kelce 7. #Packers Jordan Love 8. #Vikings Justin Jefferson 9. #Cowboys Micah Parsons 10.… https://t.co/9MIlJZ88kO" / Twitter

2 hours ago, PrimeTime101 said:

you know, I have to come back to your reply of being serious now on the conversation of the bolded. You talk about Modern stats need to be taken with a grain of salt and to an extent. If you want to bring one specific player back.. you need to bring back the same team back as well. So lets bring as I gave an example of Montana right?

You are bringing back that same line, same WR's and same RB.   I would argue that, THAT 49 team would not have a chance in hell against a team of today. Excuse the expression but they "Build" them bigger, faster, more agile and way stronger than they did in that era. Please do not single out specific players as an example of this but as a whole. Defenses are way faster as a whole then they were back then. Defensive Schemes are more technical then most back then. 

Bring a Montana team against a Current Buffalo Team or a Current Eagles, Cinci or KC team And I am here to say they would not have a chance in heck against them.

IF it takes THIS long to break some of these records, then it took this long for good reason.

In short, In general I agree with your point... but bring back the team that stood with those QB's you named and how you think they do against a good team of today? I stand by it saying they would not have a chance in heck. 

I mean in their time frame. Of course those 49ers won’t have a chance e because they are in their 50s and 60s now!

but the rules are so easier for offense. Imagine Cole Beasley running crossing routes in the 80s against Ronnie Lott. Imagine qbs taking the hits they used to take. Defensive backs can’t breath on a receiver or it’s penalty,  also, dual threat qbs are getting the chances they never used to get.

we hate him but Dan Marino passed for 5,000 yards when guys struggled to get to 3,000. Now Matt Stafford can do it.  Just way different eras. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Greg Olsen was a legit TE for Newton, other than him and Steve Smith at the end of his time in Carolina I agree he had little to work with

• Thank you (+1) 1

If this forum needs a laugh.  Bryan Broaddus a former scout and GM who works on the radio in DFW's 105.3 The Fan...(a dreadful station) was talking about the rankings of qb's going into this season.

He said of Josh Allen, "I think his decline started last year and he is going to get worse going forward because he cant run anymore"  

Pretty funny stuff.  After the segment they then went on to speculate how much Dak Prescott should get paid on his extension and they think he should get top 5 money....

Funny stuff.  Prescott the author of an all time bad playoff Play ( running a qb keeper with no timeouts inside 10 seconds and sliding in bounds as time expired) vs SF two years ago is viewed as a player he has absolutely never been down here.  The guy is also always hurt. 

Anyway I thought I would share.  I also heard Broaddus side kick Bobby Belt (biggest dak homer) say Allen was no where near as good as he gets credit for and Prescott was much better. 

December 17th is going to be awesome. 

28 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

If this forum needs a laugh.  Bryan Broaddus a former scout and GM who works on the radio in DFW's 105.3 The Fan...(a dreadful station) was talking about the rankings of qb's going into this season.

He said of Josh Allen, "I think his decline started last year and he is going to get worse going forward because he cant run anymore"  

Pretty funny stuff.  After the segment they then went on to speculate how much Dak Prescott should get paid on his extension and they think he should get top 5 money....

Funny stuff.  Prescott the author of an all time bad playoff Play ( running a qb keeper with no timeouts inside 10 seconds and sliding in bounds as time expired) vs SF two years ago is viewed as a player he has absolutely never been down here.  The guy is also always hurt. 

Anyway I thought I would share.  I also heard Broaddus side kick Bobby Belt (biggest dak homer) say Allen was no where near as good as he gets credit for and Prescott was much better. 

December 17th is going to be awesome. 

Decline? He played hurt since the first Jets game if I remember correctly. There are things Josh does need to clean up with his game like too many turnovers for one. Hopefully the OL is better and if Kincaid can become another weapon, then I think Josh will have a big year.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.