How the name, Bills Mafia, was born

BillsFan619

5 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

This couldn’t be anymore false. Del doesn’t make millions, I know the man personally. Don’t be ignorant on this like you are with so many of your football takes.

You must not know him well then.

Del issued a press release (which is self-congratulatory on its own), that they have donated over $1.4M to charities. Which means, by basic math, that his revenue is over $4.5 Million.

So yes, he has made millions. It’s not all profit, but his revenue is in the millions. 

• Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Del issued a press release (which is self-congratulatory on its own), that they have donated over $1.4M to charities. Which means, by basic math, that his revenue is over $4.5 Million.

So yes, he has made millions. It’s not all profit, but his revenue is in the millions. 

And all his 'garb" looks like crap really... lucky for him the standing buffalo is open to anyone who wants to use it, no copyright.

• Like (+1) 1

I live in Massachusetts and always have Bills gear on.  I hear often “whats up Bills Mafia”, “Bills Mafia in the house”, etc.  And this is from Pats fans.   Most of NFL on knows Bills history and respects Bills fans, we are as loyal and devoted as any fan base.

When I hear “Hey Bills Mafia” - that is respect, that us Bills fans took a long time to earn.  It makes me feel great whenever I hear that.

One other common conversation I have in Massachusetts- “my buddy is a big Bills fan”

I always say “Thats all there is.  Every Bills fan is all in”

Edited by Pete
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

11 hours ago, T&C said:

And all his 'garb" looks like crap really... lucky for him the standing buffalo is open to anyone who wants to use it, no copyright.

Well when you only pay a designer $1 per shirt sold, you arent gonna get the best designs haha. 

20 hours ago, Bob Jones said:

How would the world feel if Green Bay fans branded themselves the Green Bay Gestapo? Same principle at work.

I'm not a fan of the Bills Mafia moniker, but as heinous as the mob is, it's not Gestapo-level heinous.

45 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

I'm not a fan of the Bills Mafia moniker, but as heinous as the mob is, it's not Gestapo-level heinous.

The torturing and killing done by the Mafia is no different than the torturing and killing done by the Gestapo. The Gestapo may have had higher numbers of victims (and even that is debatable, as the Mafia has been in operation for a long time now), but the suffering of their victims (and their families), and the overall depravity, is very, very similar.

I stand by the point that the fact that our fan base is called "Bills Mafia" is disappointing and disgusting. 

• Like (+1) 1

Like I said last year, beifng a Bills fans like being in the Mafia. Once you join, there is no getting out. I wore a Billls Mafi atee on vacation last Feb in the SF area. I explained that to people and told them about how generous Bills Fans were.

Edited by Wacka
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bob Jones said:

The torturing and killing done by the Mafia is no different than the torturing and killing done by the Gestapo. The Gestapo may have had higher numbers of victims (and even that is debatable, as the Mafia has been in operation for a long time now), but the suffering of their victims (and their families), and the overall depravity, is very, very similar.

I stand by the point that the fact that our fan base is called "Bills Mafia" is disappointing and disgusting. 

I agree with the bolded part.

As far as comparing the Mafia with the Gestapo, one is a money-making organization while the other was part of a fascist regime. Many mob victims are other mobsters, and although there are far too many innocent victims as well, there are quite a few legitimate businesses that knowingly cause suffering and death due to willful neglect, all in a quest for more money. 

In short, the Mafia represents totally unregulated capitalism, while the Gestapo was the muscle behind state-sponsored genocide. I consider the latter to be the most heinous, while the former is a distant second.

Sort of agree, but both organizations were/are driven by greed, desiring to have both power AND money. The mafia wanted political control too, and in many cities, back in the day, the mob had it (political control) too, through bribery, intimidation, threats, and outright violence to politicians/law enforcement.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Bob Jones said:

The Gestapo was part of a genocide and at war with the world.

The mob is at war with other mob and organized crime.  

I'm sorry, the comparison is a bit extreme.

You have teams named after Native American Indians, the same Indians who were at war with us and scalped people to death.  

San Diego State is named after the Aztecs who sacrificed millions of humans in their peak.

The Vikings used to pillage villages, kill children and rape women.    

Where is the line between acceptable or non-acceptable team/group names? 

I have a Bills Mafia hat on right now.  

i don’t understand Bills Mafia haters.  Mafia means family.  And Bills fans are family.

Brandon Beane has been giving lots of great interviews the past two weeks.  One thing he said when asked what it would mean for Buffalo to win a SuperBowl.  Beane said he has been a huge sports fan his whole life, and he never rooted like he does for the city of Buffalo.  Beane said that when Buffalo wins the Superbowl- there will be more tears than cheers.  Much of Buffalo and Bills Mafia will be blubbering messes, full of joy- thats where ill be

GO BILLS!

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, Einstein said:

I am still waiting to understand why you call yourself Einstein. You should read a book or two on business and finances. Maybe throw a couple books in on basic football principles.

13 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

I am still waiting to understand why you call yourself Einstein. You should read a book or two on business and finances. Maybe throw a couple books in on basic football principles.

It is not my fault that you didn’t comprehend what I wrote.

12 hours ago, Einstein said:

It is not my fault that you didn’t comprehend what I wrote.

You called Del a phony and said his donating proceeds is a ploy that garnished him millions of dollars. Go read your own post. While the company 26 shirts may have GROSSED millions of dollars over SEVRAL years, that’s not what Del has made. He is married to my cousin and I have spent a ton of time with him. Del has never hid the fact that this is how he makes a living. Maybe you need to look in the mirror and ask yourself why it’s hard for you to believe someone could genuinely be a good person trying to help others. 

Edited by atlbillsfan1975

45 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

You called Del a phony and said his donating proceeds is a ploy that garnished him millions of dollars. Go read your own post. While the company 26 shirts may have GROSSED millions of dollars over SEVRAL years, that’s not what Del has made. He is married to my cousin and I have spent a ton of time with him. Del has never hid the fact that this is how he makes a living. Maybe you need to look in the mirror and ask yourself why it’s hard for you to believe someone could genuinely be a good person trying to help others. 

Then he needs to work on not coming off as phony. I’m not the only person in this thread that feels that way about him.

8 hours ago, Einstein said:

Then he needs to work on not coming off as phony. I’m not the only person in this thread that feels that way about him.

I think what you judge to be phony is someone not comfortable being in the media and receiving attention. The fact you aren’t the only person with this opinion, might mean there are others who are misinformed. Something to consider. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

I think what you judge to be phony is someone not comfortable being in the media and receiving attention. The fact you aren’t the only person with this opinion, might mean there are others who are misinformed. Something to consider. 

I’m open to that possibility. Thank you.

• Like (+1) 1

The more commonly accepted, dictionary-defined meaning says: The word mafia derives from the Sicilian adjective mafiusu, which, roughly translated, means ‘swagger’, but can also be translated as ‘boldness’ or ‘bravado’.

I can live with that.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.