Are the Bills done inducting players onto the Wall of Fame at current stadium?

BillsPride12

It's been awhile since they have added anybody and with only 3 more years left at the current stadium it wouldn't surprise me if that were the case but does anybody know if they ever made an official comment or statement on this?

My only gripe would be that Cornelius Bennett never made it on there....an important pillar of the Super Bowl teams.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

It's been awhile since they have added anybody and with only 3 more years left at the current stadium it wouldn't surprise me if that were the case but does anybody know if they ever made an official comment or statement on this?

My only gripe would be that Cornelius Bennett never made it on there....an important pillar of the Super Bowl teams.

Bennett was a MUCH better player than a few guys from that era that made it up there. With that being said, maybe the off the field issues have prevented him from going up?

There are a bunch of others that belong: Moulds, Ruben Brown, Kyle Williams for sure. You could make arguments for a lot of others. I always use the “Jim Richter scale” to determine the worthiness. He was a decent player but not WOF-worthy. This current era has more guys that will go: Allen, McDermott, Diggs, Hyde?, Poyer?, Milano?, Tre?

• Like (+1) 5

22 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Bennett was a MUCH better player than a few guys from that era that made it up there. With that being said, maybe the off the field issues have prevented him from going up?

There are a bunch of others that belong: Moulds, Ruben Brown, Kyle Williams for sure. You could make arguments for a lot of others. I always use the “Jim Richter scale” to determine the worthiness. He was a decent player but not WOF-worthy. This current era has more guys that will go: Allen, McDermott, Diggs, Hyde?, Poyer?, Milano?, Tre?

I do think that's the reason he didn't make it up there but I feel like that's such a slippery slope as other guys that made it up there weren't angels either.  Marv Levy actually wrote a letter to the Pegulas a few years ago asking for Bennett to be included on the Wall and referenced his "mistakes" and thought he still deserved consideration.  

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

Get rid of the murderer. Add Schobel. 

Why are you trying to piss me off today?  ***** Schobel

Why not put Kelsay up there too then?

Edited by Virgil
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Utah John said:

I'm trying to figure out who the quitter is, who people are referring to.  Maybe Lou Saban?  I think Saban definitely belongs on the WOF.

He belongs but he quit on Ralph twice.  So it’s never going to happen.

• Haha (+1) 1

The ones I'd like to see, in order:

1) Butch Byrd (5x AFL all star, 3x first team all AFL, 2x second team all AFL, AFL all time second team, franchise record in INT's with 40, Int return yards with 666, and int returns for TD's with 5).

2) Eric Moulds (3x pro bowler, 2x second team all pro, first Bills receiver to amass 100 receptions in a season, 2nd all time Bills receiver for yards, TD's, and receptions).

3) Kyle Williams (6x pro bowler, 1x second team all pro, franchise record in career TFL's with 103 and QB hits at 141, although these stats were not tracked in the days of Bruce Smith and other Bills greats of the past).

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.