Matt Araiza

SCBills

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

These threads are the best.  People just making fools of themselves for our enjoyment. 🤣 

The only fools are those that succumbed to the court of public opinions and punishing someone completely innocent until proven guilty. You know, like how America is suppose to be? 

6 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

The only fools are those that succumbed to the court of public opinions and punishing someone completely innocent until proven guilty. You know, like how America is suppose to be? 

No. Those aren’t the only fools

• Disagree 1

1 hour ago, IronMaidenBills said:

The cubs had the billgoat curse for decades. We don’t need no Araiza curse. Do the right thing. 

You keep saying "do the right thing". Like he won't have any other opportunities and he's dying to come back here. 

If he's as clear as this would make it appear, he'll have a better chance to start elsewhere. We just signed a Punter to a long term 3 year contract.

It's a shame that things happened the way they did. But Beane's not going to say "sorry Sam, I know you played well for us last year and you've moved your family up here but we're going to eat a bunch of money and fire you".

Whether or not they can prove he was there and whether or not he did do anything, his being recorded telling the girl she should "get tested" is really what destroyed him in the court of public opinion. And the Bills, as well as other teams, may still have a hard time overlooking it.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

You keep saying "do the right thing". Like he won't have any other opportunities and he's dying to come back here. 

If he's as clear as this would make it appear, he'll have a better chance to start elsewhere. We just signed a Punter to a long term 3 year contract.

It's a shame that things happened the way they did. But Beane's not going to say "sorry Sam, I know you played well for us last year and you've moved your family up here but we're going to eat a bunch of money and fire you".

Whether or not they can prove he was there and whether or not he did do anything, his being recorded telling the girl she should "get tested" is really what destroyed him in the court of public opinion. And the Bills, as well as other teams, may still have a hard time overlooking it.

No, that’s absolutely not what hurt him in the court of public opinion.  

You don’t get labeled a rapist because you told someone they better get tested.  

1 hour ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Beane and the Pegula’s needs to do the right thing and either cut Martin and sign Araiza or keep both on the roster and pay both of them. It’s their fault for caving to a crappy irrational fan base. They need to own up to that and make things right. 

If we don’t make things right, then this team deserves the curse it will receive. 

Jesus this is ridiculous even from you. They didn’t cave to “fan irrationality” they made the right call at the time for the team. In no way does having a rostered player on the roster with rape allegations hanging over him help the locker room. 

And now you want them to cut the established punter who did fine for them last season and re-sign this guy just because? 

He’ll get another chance.

8 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

All of these decisions solely rested on the shoulders of Beane, McD, and the owners. They brought him in here, and released him without due process. That’s it. 

no NFL team is subject to due process obligations, you nonce. You should stop

Edited by JoPoy88

1 minute ago, JoPoy88 said:

Jesus this is ridiculous even from you. They did cave to “fan irrationality” they made the right call at the time for the team. In no way does having a rostered player on the roster with rape allegations hanging over him help the locker room. 

And now you want them to cut the established punter who did fine for them last season and re-sign this guy just because? 

He’ll get another chance.

I didn’t say cut Martin. I said to keep a second punter or get the NFL to make a roster exception for the Bills to carry Araiza. 

I dont give a flying crap about allegations. America is about due process, always has been and should be. Do the right thing or the universe will make that decision for us. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, streetkings01 said:

It’ll get overlooked……people will still refer to him as a rapist…..once your labeled it’s no shaking it even if your found innocent.

What they need to do is he or the court system need to file a case against her seeking damages for at the very least the money that he lost by the Bills cutting him for the out right lie she told . Apparently she was just a slut looking for a pay day knowing he then had a NFL pay check coming in soon .

I was hoping that the Bills would have dug a bit deeper & maybe talked with him & stood by him for a least a minute but they cut bait ASAP which in some ways in can understand but in others not so much .

I heard say though that they say you are innocent until proven guilty but i guess not in todays world or the NFL .

But as you say this will follow him weather they proved him innocent or not ...

Edited by T master
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, SCBills said:

No, that’s absolutely not what hurt him in the court of public opinion.  

You don’t get labeled a rapist because you told someone they better get tested.  

If you don't think that recorded conversation by Police of him telling a woman who is claiming that he took advantage of her that he has Chlamydia and she should get tested wasn't the thing that made people believe there may be truth to it, especially after clamming up and hanging up - you're kidding yourself.

Before that came out everyone was thinking "we'll see what comes of this". After that was released, he looked guilty.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

7 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

All of these decisions solely rested on the shoulders of Beane, McD, and the owners. They brought him in here, and released him without due process. That’s it. 

I Cant Hear You Blah Blah Blah GIF by ALLBLK
the way I see it, we the bills aren’t worthy of your fandom. The Bills are too soft mentally, unlike you.  You should start rooting for team with a rock hard foundation, unlike the Bills 

1 minute ago, IronMaidenBills said:

I didn’t say cut Martin. I said to keep a second punter or get the NFL to make a roster exception for the Bills to carry Araiza. 

I dont give a flying crap about allegations. America is about due process, always has been and should be. Do the right thing or the universe will make that decision for us. 

You’re nuts bro.  Forrealdough

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

That's not how things work. The NFL isn't going to make an unprecedented roster exemption because a guy made himself look guilty, got released because of it, and later got cleared.

If he is truly as innocent as this makes him appear, a team will sign him. Or they won't. But there will be no league mandates.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

You think the other owners are seriously going to entertain giving the Bills a roster exemption to carry a second punter?

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, BillsFanForever19 said:

If you don't think that recorded conversation by Police of him telling a woman who is claiming that he took advantage of her that he has Chlamydia and she should get tested wasn't the thing that made people believe there may be truth to it, especially after clamming up and hanging up, didn't make everyone think there may be truth to it, you're kidding yourself.

Before that came out everyone was thinking "we'll see what comes of this". After that was released, he looked guilty.

Nah.. people were on him from jump.  

It was simply another feather in the cap for those who wanted to rush to judgment.  Nobody who was genuinely on the fence had their mind changed because he may have given her an STD. 

It was still a he said/she said at that point. 

College kid having an STD equivalent to the common cold isn't indicative of anything. 

• Eyeroll 1

7 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Or let araiza compete for the job he lost over fake allegations 

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Nah.. people were on him from jump.  

It was simply another feather in the cap for those who wanted to rush to judgment.  Nobody who was genuinely on the fence had their mind changed because he may have given her an STD. 

It was still a he said/she said at that point. 

College kid having an STD equivalent to the common cold isn't indicative of anything. 

The rush to judgement crowd was on him from the jump. But you're just wrong if you think that being released didn't turn the tide from everyone else.

College kid having an STD and telling a girl to get tested for said STD means, at the very least, they did have sex. And in conjunction with the pictures that were released of her state the next day, he looked guilty as sin. 

That's what ultimately got him released. They were ready to stick by him before that stuff came out. After that, they couldn't.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

The rush to judgement crowd was on him from the jump. But you're just wrong if you think that being released didn't turn the tide from everyone else.

College kid having an STD and telling a girl to get tested for said STD means, at the very least, they did have sex. And in conjunction with the pictures that were released of her state the next day, he looked guilty as sin. 

That's what ultimately got him released. They were ready to stick by him before that stuff came out. After that, they couldn't.

Except he didn’t look “guilty as sin” in terms of what was accused.   He was simply a guy who had sex with a girl he allegedly had reason to believe was 18.  

That’s it. 

Maybe to you, he did.  Not to me.  Not to alot of others that didn’t jump on that train. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, IronMaidenBills said:

I never said it did apply to them, I said its a staple of being an American. Everyone deserves that right, whether it pertains to them or not. 

Not when there is legitimate, competing business interests at stake. The Buffalo Bills are not in the business of ensuring Matt Araiza gets “his day in court” or whatever without penalty by keeping him employed. The Buffalo Bills are in the business of making money and (hopefully) winning games.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, JoPoy88 said:

Not when there is legitimate, competing business interests at stake. The Buffalo Bills are not in the business of ensuring Matt Araiza gets “his day in court” or whatever without penalty by keeping him employed. The Buffalo Bills are in the business of making money and (hopefully) winning games.

All this franchise does is preach family and unity. You cut bait with someone who hasn’t even had a court case? Why would any player buy into this weak mantra company that won’t even see you get your day in court? 

5 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Even from a merely football perspective, how many punters in the NFL have the ability to flip the field position that this kid seems to have?

I would definitely bring him to camp and figure out any possible final roster implication later on.

If they cared even an ounce about justice they would. 

yes it was a terrible injustice done to him by a professional organization that did not want to deal with that **** and had no obligation to deal with it. 

the only one truly at fault here is the accuser who made it up. There’s no need to nail him to multiple crosses.

3 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Guilty or innocent an NFL team isn’t going to want that type of attention. The Bills did what they had to do. 

This is another example of why all names should be sealed in rape investigations until charges are filed. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

Except he didn’t look “guilty as sin” in terms of what was accused.   He was simply a guy who had sex with a girl he allegedly had reason to believe was 18.  

That’s it. 

Maybe to you, he did.  Not to me.  Not to alot of others that didn’t jump on that train. 

Oh crap. That's another thing I forgot about. Thanks for the refresher!

The girl was underage. So even if it was consensual, it read as a public admittance of statutory rape and perpetuating underage drinking.

There is no coverage in law for "well, he thought she was 18". Or "ya know, things happen in college, I'm sure a lot of players have done this and not gotten caught".

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 2

3 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

yes it was a terrible injustice done to him by a professional organization that did not want to deal with that **** and had no obligation to deal with it. 

the only one truly at fault here is the accuser who made it up. There’s no need to nail him to multiple crosses.

Then I don’t want to hear a single statement from the Bills organization about how we are all a family and oneness when you throw your family under the bus at the slightest indication of adversity. It’s all a facade as this point until this is addressed. This franchise only cares about money and their image to the public. Everything else is a lie. 

Edited by IronMaidenBills
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

There is no coverage in law for "well, he thought she was 18". Or "ya know, things happen in college, I'm sure a lot of players have done this and not gotten caught".

There absolutely is.  In California even. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

You’re talking about the legal system and he’s talking about culture.  

There’s a reason some NFL accounts, Dave Portnoy, Fox News, Yahoo and Daily Mail have reported on this tonight and - so far - nothing from ESPN, MSNBC, CNN etc. 

I don’t want to make this political, re: the concept/ideology of “woke”.  But it’s certainly an element.  And it’s very visible when spending five minutes scrolling through a simple Twitter search for “Araiza”.   Even in those that are angry about what happened to him, this issuing apologies, those unsurprisingly quiet and those still trying to find ways to demonize him. 

yeah I think that’s BS too. This should be as widely reported as the initial story was. That has nothing to do with the Bills and owing Araiza “due process” - that has a specific legal definition (not cultural) and doesn’t apply to the Bills. All of your statements on this I agree with. Not his, sorry.

Just now, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Guilty or innocent an NFL team isn’t going to want that type of attention. The Bills did what they had to do. 

This is another example of why all names should be sealed in rape investigations until charges are filed. 

Exactly. 

It's a damn shame that the NFL rules doesn't allow for players coming into the league with transgressions that happened before being Drafted but after being Drafted and before they've played a game the ability to be put on an exempt list.

It's a damn shame he was recorded saying the things he said, implicating him to have engaged in, at the very least, statutory rape.

It's a shame we were able to get a good Punter in his stead that they re-signed to a long term deal a couple months ago, making his return impossible.

But it just is what it is.

Then I don’t want to hear a single statement from the Bills organization about how we are all a family and oneness when you throw your family under the bus as the slightly indication of adversity. It’s all a facade as this point until this is addressed. This franchise only cares about money and their image to the public. Everything else is a lie. 

YES! thank you. You finally got it. Everything else is a lie. It’s a form of entertainment nothing more.

4 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Then I don’t want to hear a single statement from the Bills organization about how we are all a family and oneness when you throw your family under the bus at the slightest indication of adversity. It’s all a facade as this point until this is addressed. This franchise only cares about money and their image to the public. Everything else is a lie. 

Be mad at the system. Releasing names of the accused should be illegal for this reason. 

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

YES! thank you. You finally got it. Everything else is a lie. It’s a form of entertainment nothing more.

Well they can’t even get that part right. I’m way more entertained watching Araiza punt massive bombs than Martin on the field. So they couldn’t even do that correctly. 

Edited by IronMaidenBills

Just now, 78thealltimegreat said:

Aren’t there witnesses or video stating she lied about her age to begin with? 

Yes.  Reportedly she was telling everyone she was 18.  

And in California law, if someone gives you legitimate reason to believe they are of age, that will typically absolve you of statutory rape. 

• Agree 3

2 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Exactly. 

It's a damn shame that the NFL rules doesn't allow for players coming into the league with transgressions that happened before being Drafted but after being Drafted and before they've played a game the ability to be put on an exempt list.

It's a damn shame he was recorded saying the things he said, implicating him to have engaged in, at the very least, statutory rape.

It's a shame we were able to get a good Punter in his stead that they re-signed to a long term deal a couple months ago, making his return impossible.

But it just is what it is.

not going to get all into this for a 3rd time but he technically did not engage in statutory rape based on the fact she was 17 alone. Or at least he was not guilty of it.

Just now, SCBills said:

Yes.  Reportedly she was telling everyone she was 18.  

And in California law, if someone gives you legitimate reason to believe they are of age, that will typically absolve you of statutory rape. 

Man SC it’s looking more and more like the Bills have their own version of Brian Banks on their hands 

• Agree 1

Well they can’t even get that part right. I’m way more entertained watching Ariaza punt massive bombs than Martin on the field. So they couldn’t even do that correctly. 

I mean he’s just a punter and they’re expendable. Again, just business. I couldn’t care less who the punter is. It has minuscule affect on their chances in the long run.

Beyond the team though, yes I hope Araiza is able to get some sort of vindication beyond this prosecution report. Whether it be through a countersuit or something else I believe he deserves that at least. 

But the Bills don’t owe him squat.

• Disagree 4

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.