Matt Araiza

SCBills

Just now, IronMaidenBills said:

When should we expect Beane to say anything? Never? 

Why would he? As I said before, the civil case will no doubt need to be sorted one way or another before Araiza can even think about restarting his career.

The legal process is not run via reported leaks to Yahoo.

1 hour ago, UKBillFan said:

They had to. They had no choice. If Araiza was taken to court mid season, leaving them to scrabble for a punter whilst under pressure from perhaps within as well as from the media and fans, it would be another curveball in a season of horrendous ones (not that they knew how 2022 would pan out). It's a shame rookies cannot go on the exempt list as that would have been the most obvious solution, and perhaps it's something the NFL should look at moving forward.

they had a choice. They took the safe choice. 

3 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

When should we expect Beane to say anything? Never? 

Perhaps when the civil suit is resolved? Araiza still has that very real legal matter to focus on at the moment. 

Watch out for that windmill!

Sad to see so many white knights on Twitter that lost their self-righteous stand on Araiza, still clinging to the misguided “statutory rape” allegation. 

You’d think they’d learn a lesson and be better people for it, but nah… double down it is. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

Sad to see so many white knights on Twitter that lost their self-righteous stand on Araiza, still clinging to the misguided “statutory rape” allegation. 

You’d think they’d learn a lesson and be better people for it, but nah… double down it is. 

I don't think grand standing and taking a victory lap because our former punter looks to be clear of legal consequences is exactly occupying the moral high ground.  Lots of room for improvement all the way around.  

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

Same voices all up in Joshes business with his girlfriend, were the same ones wanting this dude gone without any due process. 

That's not true, i know stuff about what happened that night and I never bought the girl's story about Matt. 

5 minutes ago, SCBills said:

The "statutory rape" thing was always just a fallback for some of the prudish church-ladies among us.  Oh no, a 21 year-old had sex with a 17 year-old.  Where is my fainting couch?

6 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

I don't think grand standing and taking a victory lap because our former punter looks to be clear of legal consequences is exactly occupying the moral high ground.  Lots of room for improvement all the way around.  

I very much view the concept of not destroying people based on allegations as indicative of one’s moral capacity. 

Furthermore, the lack of morality from people in positions of influence (content creators, podcasters, journalists etc) that used his downfall to prop themselves up. 

Is he a saint?.. No.  

I’m not.  I’m assuming you’re not.  

However, I very much view what happened here as a case study in modern ethics. 

Edited by SCBills

54 minutes ago, K-9 said:

True. But the hospital report and rape kit results that show something bad happened to that girl are real facts nonetheless. 

The rape kit and exam only prove that she had sex with them and it was rough.  It doesn't prove she was drunk and/or raped, which is why the other guys weren't charged.  The videos are killer for her case (against the other guys, she has nothing on Araiza).

Edited by Doc

3 minutes ago, birdo67 said:

I'm learning here that plenty of WNY football fans are still meatheads - will wonders never cease?

“Meatheads”

Except all you’ve been doing is popping off calling others names and dropping petty insults.  

There’s actually some nuanced discussion in here.  

You’re not taking part in any of that. 

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, SCBills said:

“Meatheads”

Except all you’ve been doing is popping off calling others names and dropping petty insults.  

There’s actually some nuanced discussion in here.  

You’re not taking part in any of that. 

I could be wrong,but I think he may have been reacting to some genuine meathead comments that have been made here.

They struck me the same way

• Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, birdo67 said:

I'm learning here that plenty of WNY football fans are still meatheads - will wonders never cease?

Ah yes, the ol everyone’s a Nazi I don’t agree with. Is it so hard to admit we made a wrong decision by not sticking by someone that turned out to be innocent? 
It costed us a potential HOF punter and a 6th round pick because of head hunting people like you. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Doc said:

The rape kit and exam only prove that she had sex with them and it was rough.  It doesn't prove she was drunk and/or raped, which is why the other guys weren't charged.

I think we’ve already agreed on that. And in a criminal case you could really hammer that home. But in a civil case, that hospital report and rape kit results might be much trickier to navigate. As I asked previously, how often do women who like rough sex end up in ER rooms being treated for injury and administered a rape kit exam? Something clearly got out of hand. How much of an onus is on the men to recognize that and stop? What’s a reasonable expectation? I honestly don’t know, but I could see a lawyer exploring the concept.

• Eyeroll 1

2 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Ah yes, the ol everyone’s a Nazi I don’t agree with. Is it so hard to admit we made a wrong decision by not sticking by someone that turned out to be innocent? 
It costed us a potential HOF punter and a 6th round pick because of head hunting people like you. 

BWHAHAHA....  one good punt and he in the HOF... priceless

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, K-9 said:

I think we’ve already agreed on that. And in a criminal case you could really hammer that home. But in a civil case, that hospital report and rape kit results might be much trickier to navigate. As I asked previously, how often do women who like rough sex end up in ER rooms being treated for injury and administered a rape kit exam? Something clearly got out of hand. How much of an onus is on the men to recognize that and stop? What’s a reasonable expectation? I honestly don’t know, but I could see a lawyer exploring the concept.

If the other guys are smart, they will all say it wasn't him/it was the guys in the video she didn't name.  Who do you charge then?  And how much can she expect to get from these guys?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.