The Commie DC/NYC (and Elsewhere) Judges And Jury Pools

23 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

The "decide not to do it" part of your hypothetical is inapplicable here since they very much were trying to do it.

If you and I plan to rob a bank and then I drive you to the bank to rob it, we are both guilty of conspiracy to rob the bank (even though normally giving someone a ride to a bank isn't a crime).

If you and I plan to rob a bank and then I illegally hack into the bank's security system, you would be liable for the hacking even if you didn't do it, or weren't even with me when I did it.

They had a plan, they took many steps to execute the plan, but the plan failed. They can still be found guilty of the conspiracy even if it was unsuccessful.

And if you plan to rob a bank with a group of people, half of which are government informants who actively assist in your plan, and when you show up at the bank the doors are locked but security opens the doors and let you in anyway, allowing you the informants and anyone else inside for a stroll in the lobby. After your stroll you walk out  and go home, then none of that is your hand waving bloviating bull ***** that you like to puke on the board regularly. 

36 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

The "decide not to do it" part of your hypothetical is inapplicable here since they very much were trying to do it.

If you and I plan to rob a bank and then I drive you to the bank to rob it, we are both guilty of conspiracy to rob the bank (even though normally giving someone a ride to a bank isn't a crime).

Correct.

Kind of shocking about how these amateur legal experts (Julie Kelly, is that you?) are completely ignorant about criminal law and the law of conspiracy.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

I think people are making a lot of assumptions about what they believe and what a jury might believe given counter arguments from a defense counsel vs. a grand jury indictment where the prosecutor will tell the GJ the minimum necessary information to acquire an indictment on the charges they've submitted.  Such as the bolded hypothetical below.  A prosecutor might argue that I'm complicit but convincing a jury when confronted by a defense argument might not so easy.  Given I had no knowledge of your actions and wasn't present when the hack occurred.  Not to mention it wasn't part of "the plan".

The other part is the unconstitutionality of it all.  You might have a better understanding of the details around the charges than I do but I don't recall any of the charges indicating any specific article or amendment to the Constitution was violated in the indictments.  One thing for sure, any convictions will be appealed.  Perhaps all the way to the Supreme Court.

Also not sure any of this is hurting Trump, or maybe helping Biden is a more appropriate way of looking at it.  CBS news poll has Trump over Biden right now 50/49.  Which seems incredible.

https://www.scribd.com/document/671717605/cbsnews-20230917-SUN#

There is a lower threshold for getting an indictment than a conviction, for sure. But for a lot of this stuff, the evidence is overwhelming to the point that there isn't really much of a case that the defense can make. The Mar A Lago documents case is the most slam dunk easy-to-prove case I've ever seen. The only reason someone wouldn't plead out on it would either be because they are in denial or they believe they can get rid of their liability through other means (such as becoming president and shutting down the investigation).

The other charges are of varying degrees of difficulty to prove. Jack Smith seems to be narrowly tailoring his investigation against the cleanest and most forward cases he can make while Fani Willis seems to be taking more of a shotgun approach: charging everything she has evidence for.

1 minute ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Correct.

Kind of shocking about how these amateur legal experts (Julie Kelly, is that you?) are completely ignorant about criminal law and the law of conspiracy.

Well, if they listened to actual legal experts, they'd be told things they don't like. So they need to seek out people who have no idea what they are talking about because that's how they get the answers they want.

Feelings over facts. Always.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

The actual law of criminal conspiracy:

a conspiracy is distinct from the substantive crime contemplated by the conspiracy and may be charged whether or not the underlying substantive offense actually occurred. A criminal conspiracy has four elements, each of which must be proven beyond a reasonable doubt. A conspiracy exists when there is an agreement between at least two parties to achieve an illegal goal in which the parties have knowledge of and participated in the conspiracy, and at least one conspirator committed an overt act in furtherance of the conspiracy. 

So what about the example of a couple of morons sitting around talking about robbing a bank, and then taking a drive to the bank to case it?

Yeah, if proved, a criminal conspiracy to commit bank robbery.

So what if Ray Epps was a third guy in that conversation and he was actually an informant? Two responses:

- unless he actually put the idea in your head to rob the bank, it really doesn't matter

- given that all these Deep State MAGA Conspiracists were the core of the January 6 rioters, how naive could they be? (We are always watching you)

• Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, B-Man said:

MAGA talking points, September 2023 Edition:

- Make sure to point out that some of the alleged Gretchen Whitmer kidnapping plotters were acquitted by a jury. The failure of those prosecutions proves that this was a trumped up (hah!) political persecution.

- Make sure to point out that all January 6 defendants who have had their cases decided were found (or admitted) guilty. The success of these prosecutions proves that this is all a trumped up political persecution.

• 1 month later...
11 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

well, I’ll tell you what let’s have some of the supreme court justices start accusing them selves from cases where there is a problem and then we can start talking about this

The hypocrisy of the right knows no ends

"Accusing"?  "Them selves"?  Are you drunk?

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Irv said:

"Accusing"?  "Them selves"?  Are you drunk?

John meant recusing obviously.

But his comparison is flawed.

Unlike this obvious Wisconsin case,

The outraged left still cannot even hint at any time Justice Thomas made a ruling that wasn't completely in line with his constitutional standard

hell, they don't even try !!

It's all, planeride this and vacation that.

I have given up asking them for some actual proof of him being influenced, they can't and won't.

• Like (+1) 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
49 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

⬆️ 

Hey its Finding Qanon!

Yep zero ***** given about anything it's saying.

I don't involve myself in performative ignorance

I simply call out the ignorant. Like Pizzagate Jack.

The hypothetical was "could THE PRESIDENT order Seal Team 6 to assassinate a political rival." Not Trump. The President.

It was a softball. Trump's lawyer whiffed on it. By my count, three times. Strikeout!

• BillsFanNC changed the title to The Commie DC/NYC (and Elsewhere) Judges And Jury Pools

OUR CORRUPT “JUSTICE” SYSTEM: YGTBFKM: 11 Years in Prison for This?

Some protests are more protected than others.

For instance, you can trash a city, burn down blocks of it, including a police precinct, occupy government buildings, trap innocents behind closed doors as you consider taking ransoms, and everything’s cool. You might be able to sue the city and get millions if the police try to stop you. At the very least, you can get all the right politicians and the entire public health establishment to applaud your bravery and commitment to racial justice.

But if you sing gospel songs outside an abortion clinic? Prepare to go to jail for up to 11 years.

The system of justice isn’t being weaponized. Not at all.

https://hotair.com/david-strom/2024/01/31/ygtbfkm-11-years-in-prison-for-this-n608546#google_vignette

Bottom line, leftists in the US justice system have reached the point where they don't even try to hide letting "allies" off lightly and punishing political foes as harshly as the system allows.

So far as I know, this gross abuse of the system hasn't yet drawn any consequences anywhere. Until it reliably does, expect it to continue.

• Sad 1

Hmm, what is the common factor in Trump's "problems" with NY court cases? Is it "commie jury pools?"

Maybe it's an awful/inept lead counsel.

"Habba is licensed to practice law in New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut. She has served as lead counsel for three cases, including a federal class action suit against a New Jersey nursing home accused of various negligent acts and consumer fraud violations."

Three cases. Really. That's who Trump chose, or perhaps who Trump was left with after all other attorneys found him impossible to work for.

• 3 weeks later...

Rules of evidence you say?

In commie DC?

:lol:

This is exactly the kind of testimony from the FBI that I have repeatedly objected to pretrial, and the DC Judges are allowing over the objection.

A witness who was not at the event recorded on video is not allowed to narrate or explain the video.  The jury can see the video just as well as the witness, and it is improper for the witness to offer an OPINION about what the video shows.  It shows what it shows.

If the witness was at the event and saw the events that are captured on video, then the witness is describing what they saw, aided by the video.  That is first hand testimony by the witness about the witness' own experiences.  

None of the FBI Agents testifying in these cases were present on J6.  The only testimony they have that is relevant is where the video came from and how it came into the possession of the Govt -- foundation for the use of the video in the trial.

I had one just say in response to my objection, "Well, we'll have a lot of time in trial just sitting and watching video without sound."  

My response -- "So what?  This is the evidence the Govt has built their case upon.  They aren't entitled to narration just so avoid dead air." 

I've lost that motion every time, and I'm 100% sure under the Rules of Evidence that I'm right.

Zaid does a decent job being down the middle and lives in Atlanta/has a strong connection to Atlanta-area politics.

If true, pretty gross to testify to this without context.  

25 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Zaid does a decent job being down the middle and lives in Atlanta/has a strong connection to Atlanta-area politics.

If true, pretty gross to testify to this without context.  

The Left are addicted the “Hate Crime Hoax”…It’s in their DNA…Lawsuits and playing the victim is all they know…

6 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

The Left are addicted the “Hate Crime Hoax”…It’s in their DNA…Lawsuits and playing the victim is all they know…

DemonRats are simply American hating azzholes that pander to minorities and transtesticles simply for their votes.

And once these DemonRats get the votes from the galactically stupid, they do NOTHING for them. FACT