TSW Mock Draft 3.0 Poll - Who should the Bills take at #27

Virgil

Who should the Bills take at #27  

167 members have voted

1. 1. Who should the Bills take at #27

• Zay Flowers, WR, Boston Col
    • Bills trade Ed Oliver, Pick #27 to Cardinals for pick #34 and Hopkins’s (Cardinals pick up a lot contract money)
    • Trade Back

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/27/2023 at 12:00 AM

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Like who?  Looking at this draft, I see more OTs that could fall to 59 than IOL.  I’ll be shocked if Avila, Schmitz or Tippman fall to 59…. But it’s def possible.  The problem with IOL, we already have what we think are 4 decent players for 3 positions and a backup.  At OT, we have 1 good player and 3 bums for 3 positions.  

Maybe Brown will take that step….if so, I’m worrying about nothing.  If he doesn’t, we’ll have probably wasted another Josh Allen prime season

I believe you are right on this NE. But I also think the Bills are much more comfortable with Brown than most of us are or think they are. 

im also not sold on the IOL. Morse is a lock, and considering what they gave up money wise, I’d say McGovern is a lock as well. But not sold on the other OG spot. Add to that the possibility that Morse is closer to retirement than most think. If you could get Avila, or Schmitz you take them in the 2nd round and get a starter at OG this year and a replacement for Morse in the future. JMO 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, mrags said:

I believe you are right on this NE. But I also think the Bills are much more comfortable with Brown than most of us are or think they are. 

im also not sold on the IOL. Morse is a lock, and considering what they gave up money wise, I’d say McGovern is a lock as well. But not sold on the other OG spot. Add to that the possibility that Morse is closer to retirement than most think. If you could get Avila, or Schmitz you take them in the 2nd round and get a starter at OG this year and a replacement for Morse in the future. JMO 

Yeah…. I agree.  Beane and McB love them some Spencer Brown.  He might cost them their jobs too.  If he plays like he did last year, we’re screwed. That’s a lot of faith to put in a kid that has never been good. 

I agree about Avila or Schmitz in rd 2. I just don’t see us being that lucky…. And if we are, we probably won’t even draft them

Edited by NewEra
  • Agree 1

Just now, NewEra said:

Yeah…. I agree.  Beane and McB love them some Spencer Brown.  He might cost them their jobs too.  If he plays like he did last year, we’re screwed. That’s a lot of faith to put in a kid that has never been good. 

Don’t disagree that they might have too much faith in him. 

personally I don’t dislike Brown. Think he’d be much better with someone next to him that’s competent. He has been next to schmucks at RG since he got here. Absolutely zero help. Just my opinion. 

but I also don’t assume he is or will be good either. I’m all for drafting a OT. Just not sure one will be good enough to draft at 27 or 59 depending on who’s there when we draft. I do however feel like we could get one of the better IOL like Avila, Schmitz, Torrence and give Brown someone to grown with. 

• Like (+1) 2

Okay, so I didn't vote for the trade option because I thought is was a bit too "pie in the sky"....... and random.

BUT

I'm trying to find out if the Cardinals would even be interested in Oliver, if they need a DT.

I found this:  https://cardswire.usatoday.com/2019/03/29/ed-oliver-private-visit-az-arizona-cardinals/

So, I think that there would be mutual interest between the Bills and Cardinals for moving Olver in a trade.  Expect a high pick on DT since most of our DL is in a contract year.....  Moving Oliver helps with that just a bit.

I'm trying to find out if the Cardinals have a DL draft need.

I found this (I'll take this information for what it's worth):  https://www.sharpfootballanalysis.com/analysis/cardinals-draft-needs-team-nfl-2023/

So, yes, the Cards could use an upgrade at DT.

Do the Bills want to swap contracts?  How would that look?

I found this:  https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/arizona-cardinals/deandre-hopkins-12307/.  About $19.5 Mill

And this:  https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/ed-oliver-29044/.  About $10.7 Mill

And this:  https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/buffalo-bills

I'm not much of a cap expert but we're dealing with an increase in $$ of $9 Million.....

Someone else let me know if this works......

Do the Bills want to trade down?

Yes.  Beane has eluded to that even.....

Is Pick 34 a good spot?

Yes.  I think that Jack Campbell might be there, as well as a few OT options that I think will slide.

Consider my vote changed to the Hopkins trade.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Voted for the trade but I’d try to keep Ed.  

I get that too.  I think they will consider long term cap issues.  Would they be ABLE to retain him after this season?  If so, great!

7 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

If the vote ends up Hopkins and 34, I suggest extending this exercise into the early second round to include the 34th pick, but maybe that is too much of an innovation.

Agreed and let @Virgil make the first few picks of the 2nd round then immediate fan vote at pick 34.  

• Like (+1) 3

47 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I think its time to update the mock because the draft is tomorrow as it is...there is a clear winner here in the poll 

It ended at 8p.  The main TSW 3.0 is updated and we are on to the next pick 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.