Education in America

43 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

You are literally the  first person I have ever dealt with that claims that dinosaurs and humans were on earth at the same time. I can't argue with someone who disregards science and then disregards religion. 

I'm not saying that, showing you some Christians say they literally were on the ark 

• Disagree 1

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

I'm not saying that, showing you some Christians say they literally were on the ark 

I don't know those websites but they do represent anyone I have ever met, but not surprisingly you found it on the Internet and therefore believed it as absolute fact. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Orlando Tim said:

I don't know those websites but they do represent anyone I have ever met, but not surprisingly you found it on the Internet and therefore believed it as absolute fact. 

The fact that some Christians believe it? Yes 

• Eyeroll 2

Just now, Tiberius said:

The fact that some of (insert name of any huge group) believes something definitely proves it's shared by the rest of the group. 

Especially if it's a negative trait.  

That's like the platinum rule or something 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Have you ever met a person who believes humans and dinosaurs existed at the same time? I understand there are people who believe everything but I doubt that 

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

Have you ever met a person who believes humans and dinosaurs existed at the same time? I understand there are people who believe everything but I doubt that 

The creationism museum has an exhibit on it

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-museum/new-museum-says-dinosaurs-were-on-noahs-ark-idUSN2621240720070526  

Christians 

1 hour ago, Orlando Tim said:

People think the earth is flat and secret cabals run things. 

You never know anymore 

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

I did not realize you knew Ken Ham, but I would not be surprised if he is simply a con man saying whatever needed to get funded. 

• Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

I did not realize you knew Ken Ham, but I would not be surprised if he is simply a con man saying whatever needed to get funded. 

I thought you worked in education. Have you ever heard about the "evolution" versus "creation" debate? Are you aware that nearly half of all Americans believe that the world was created literally as described in Genesis, and that it is about 6000 years old? Ken Ham is just on the extreme and of the "creation" side. He might be a nut case for rejecting evolution, but I think his beliefs, and those of other proponents of "creation science", are sincere. 

Edited by DrW

2 minutes ago, DrW said:

I thought you worked in education. Have you ever heard about the "evolution" versus "creation" debate? Are you aware that nearly half of all Americans believe that the world was created literally as described in Genesis, and that is is about 6000 years old? Ken Ham is just on the extreme and of the "creation" side. He might be a nut case, but I think his beliefs, and those of other proponents of "creation science", are sincere. 

And it’s your conclusion then that there is no God? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

And it’s your conclusion then that there is no God? 

Where did I say this? Is everybody who does not take Genesis literally or who accepts evolution as reality an atheist?

Edited by DrW

7 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I didn’t say you said it. It’s what we call a question. Thus….the question mark. 😉

Perhaps it is best to return to the topic Education in America and stop snooping around in personal matters..

35 minutes ago, DrW said:

Perhaps it is best to return to the topic Education in America and stop snooping around in personal matters..

I agree. 👍

37 minutes ago, DrW said:

I really meant no offense. I just find it comical that people think they’re going to litigate religion on an internet message board. (It’s never stopped some on here from trying though.)

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, DrW said:

I thought you worked in education. Have you ever heard about the "evolution" versus "creation" debate? Are you aware that nearly half of all Americans believe that the world was created literally as described in Genesis, and that it is about 6000 years old? Ken Ham is just on the extreme and of the "creation" side. He might be a nut case for rejecting evolution, but I think his beliefs, and those of other proponents of "creation science", are sincere. 

I am a teacher and I am aware of the fact that many people either believe in straight bible or straight evolution, I though have not met anyone who believes Dinosaurs were alive during humanity, at least to my knowledge. I assume your point is that there are a lot of people who disagree on some basic principles and I was not mocking them but the dinosaurs on the ark thing is one no one I have have ever discussed the topic with has ever brought up.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

I am a teacher and I am aware of the fact that many people either believe in straight bible or straight evolution, I though have not met anyone who believes Dinosaurs were alive during humanity, at least to my knowledge. I assume your point is that there are a lot of people who disagree on some basic principles and I was not mocking them but the dinosaurs on the ark thing is one no one I have have ever discussed the topic with has ever brought up.

IMG_0288.jpeg

• Haha (+1) 1

This in addition with the coming public sector death due to the economic calamity that’s coming - get out of public education now bc it’s gone - this is the end.  

Politicians are going to be looking at home owners that can’t afford anything and a housing market out of whack - means cutting education is going to be awfully enticing it will save the home owner 100s of dollars a month on a mortgage they can barely afford.  

Going to be an easier cut then then any coal worker or anything in the energy sector.   

• Like (+1) 1